Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

XFL....oh my

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Seriously?  My loss is calling them "Troy State" instead of "Troy"?

No.  Your loss was missing the game.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Nobody likes to watch a game that ends 58-3 regardless of who wins.

Sure, but there are usually about 7 or 8 channels all carrying college football games simultaneously between noon and midnight on Saturdays, and at least a couple of them are going to be competitive games.  Use your remote properly, and you'll never be stuck watching a 58-3 blowout.

There's also ESPN's Goal Line channel, which (like the NFL's Red Zone channel) takes you around to all the most competitive action in the college football world as it happens from 2p-10p every Saturday.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Sure, but there are usually about 7 or 8 channels all carrying college football games simultaneously between noon and midnight on Saturdays, and at least a couple of them are going to be competitive games.  Use your remote properly, and you'll never be stuck watching a 58-3 blowout.

There's also ESPN's Goal Line channel, which (like the NFL's Red Zone channel) takes you around to all the most competitive action in the college football world as it happens from 2p-10p every Saturday.

I live in Canada.  I dont get the same selection of college games that you get in the states.

so my selection of what is available is generally limited to games in the pacific NW, California, and Boston College games.   We get a few Texas games too.  but the selection isnt the same.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I live in Canada.  I dont get the same selection of college games that you get in the states.

so my selection of what is available is generally limited to games in the pacific NW, California, and Boston College games.   We get a few Texas games too.  but the selection isnt the same.

Bummer.

Efforts are underway to end world football shortages in our lifetime.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Bummer.

Efforts are underway to end world football shortages in our lifetime.

at least I get to watch any and all NFL games along with all CFL games.   Its not all bad

Came across the game this afternoon and noticed the XFL has a female official on the field.  Not a big deal...until she flagged a guy for something he did 2 weeks ago.  Good stuff

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, AxeElf said:

...with an over/under of about 8 weeks for the XFL's survival.

The WFL, the USFL, the WLAF, the original XFL, whatever that was last spring, the new XFL...  when will they learn?

February 16 to April 13; I guess I pretty much nailed the over/under of 8 weeks.

When WILL they learn...?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

February 16 to April 13; I guess I pretty much nailed the over/under of 8 weeks.

When WILL they learn...?

:doh: