Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Alabama vasectomy bill - OUCH!

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Good start.  They should just have all men in Alabama get vasectomies.

How will they get their sisters pregnant?

23 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't believe in post-birth "abortions".  Same for a lot of people who are not for banning all abortions like you are.  See, how that generalization-stuff works.  We have already been down this road before and we aren't that far apart.  I don't hitch my wagons to the far left, but I certainly don't hitch them to the far right.  

I’m not for banning all abortions. Care to point out where I said that? But given the two choices, I choose the one where viable life isn’t extinguished.  You choose the one where it is. 

5 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Their point (and Cruz fell for it) is that this bill is just as stupid as the anti-abortion bill.  They just changed genders.  Keep the government out what people do with their bodies.  

It's a stupid point though.  One law says you can't have a procedure.  The other forces you to have a procedure.  The analog to the vasectomy bill would be forcing women to get sterilized.

And I love abortions.  I wish more people had them.  This is just a really shitty argument and I hate shitty arguments more than I love abortion.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

It's a stupid point though.  One law says you can't have a procedure.  The other forces you to have a procedure.  The analog to the vasectomy bill would be forcing women to get sterilized.

And I love abortions.  I wish more people had them.  This is just a really shitty argument and I hate shitty arguments more than I love abortion.

That wasn't the point of the argument.  The argument for the new bill is that it is a bill that oversteps the bounds into individual's rights.  In this case, it is a bill that impacts men only, just like the abortion bills only impact females.  They are not 100% analogous.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not for banning all abortions. Care to point out where I said that? But given the two choices, I choose the one where viable life isn’t extinguished.  You choose the one where it is. 

I never said that I was for post-birth abortions, yet you went there for me.  That was my point.  

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That wasn't the point of the argument.  The argument for the new bill is that it is a bill that oversteps the bounds into individual's rights.  In this case, it is a bill that impacts men only, just like the abortion bills only impact females.  They are not 100% analogous.  

Fine, but there are tons of laws that infringe upon a person's rights.  You can't drink until you're 21.  That infringes on your individual rights.  

That's an even shittier argument.

I think if you were going to try to make a law to try to illustrate the unfairness of anti-abortion, you would ban vasectomies not force them on people, but I get they need the shock value, and the Bible thumpers in Alabama might actually enact a ban on vasectomies.

48 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I never said that I was for post-birth abortions, yet you went there for me.  That was my point.  

What I’m saying is there is no choice being offered to limit abortions to the first trimester. The DNC and all the candidates don’t put any limits, forcing you and me to choose unlimited abortions or not. There is no in between. You’re offering a choice that does not exist. I’m sure you and I would want something in between. But it’s not there. 

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

In your mind.  Not everyone believes that a baby is made at conception.  And not everyone believes that a woman should be forced to bring a baby to term that is the product of rape.  If you can't understand that, then I question your ability to be "logical"

Whoa.  😂 

The equivalent of a vasectomy is a woman having her tubes tied. 

Somehow trying to equate an abortion to a vasectomy is laughable.  

It’s stupid to even have the conversation.  

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What I’m saying is there is no choice being offered to limit abortions to the first trimester. The DNC and all the candidates don’t put any limits, forcing you and me to choose unlimited abortions or not. There is no in between. You’re offering a choice that does not exist. I’m sure you and I would want something in between. But it’s not there. 

So keep it the way it is. Most states have bans after 20 weeks. The problem is that fundies are going hardcore to ban all abortions and States like NY are going hardcore the other way. Just keep it how it is.

6 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Their point (and Cruz fell for it) is that this bill is just as stupid as the anti-abortion bill.  They just changed genders.  Keep the government out what people do with their bodies.  

Well, except that you're comparing murdering babies with getting snipped.  Apples to oranges.  It's an absolutely ridiculous analogy being used.

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So keep it the way it is. Most states have bans after 20 weeks. The problem is that fundies are going hardcore to ban all abortions and States like NY are going hardcore the other way. Just keep it how it is.

Again, that’s not the way it’s going. And the fundies have always been there. It’s the other side that has emerged and pushed it even further out. 

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This. Total no brainer. Easy peazy

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

This. Total no brainer. Easy peazy

Who’s offering that? 

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Offering what? Do nothing? That is what politicians are best at. 

I’d say their latest interpretation of what constitutes an abortion is new and being carried out. 

Look at my little troll/stalker MDC furiously exploring the internet and posting here. Sad sad boy. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what do you call post berth “abortions” ? Have a better term? I’m all ears. And nice try on the adoption thing. Should I open my house to to homeless if I want them to have a home? 

There is no such thing as a post birth abortion.   I do have a term for people who think there is such a thing as a post-birth abortions though...you still all ears?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

There is no such thing as a post birth abortion.   I do have a term for people who think there is such a thing as a post-birth abortions though...you still all ears?

Sure. As long as you disregard what the governor of Virginia has said. Let’s hear it, and please, tell me it’s illegal everywhere. That would be great. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. As long as you disregard what the governor of Virginia has said. Let’s hear it, and please, tell me it’s illegal everywhere. That would be great. 

Unlike you, I can understand context and actually look up the law referenced in an extemporaneous Q&A and figure out what someone was attempting to say without twisting it into something completely different.   

Also post-birth abortion is illegal I believe everywhere on earth, it's called murder...weren't you a cop, thought you would have known that.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Unlike you, I can understand context and actually look up the law referenced in an extemporaneous Q&A and figure out what someone was attempting to say without twisting it into something completely different.   

Also post-birth abortion is illegal I believe everywhere on earth, it's called murder...weren't you a cop, thought you would have known that.

Oh, please explain for me then. Thanks. The context must have got by me. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, please explain for me then. Thanks. The context must have got by me. 

You needed it explained to you that murder is illegal in 50 states...you think I have the patience and sobriety (I'm on vacation right now) to explain this to you.  :lol:

It's disturbing to see those who fight so hard to allow people to kill their living children simply because they couldn't take the time or discipline to have safe sex. 

Add in all the medical care needed for the disease trznsmitted. Or drunk or drugged out chicks that actuslly have kids. Some people simply need to not be allowed to have kids.

I just love all these phony conservative hyocrites pretending to care about clusters of cells but have absolutely no problem with their fearless leader throwing babies and toddlers in cages sleeping on concrete floors.  But by all means, tell us about the sanctity of life.  What a joke. 

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You needed it explained to you that murder is illegal in 50 states...you think I have the patience and sobriety (I'm on vacation right now) to explain this to you.  :lol:

You got nothin chump. Blah blah. Lose. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I just love all these phony conservative hyocrites pretending to care about clusters of cells but have absolutely no problem with their fearless leader throwing babies and toddlers in cages sleeping on concrete floors.  But by all means, tell us about the sanctity of life.  What a joke. 

No one brought up clusters of cells. The discussion is about third trimester and beyond. You imagined that other conversation in your head. 

No one brought up clusters of cells. The discussion is about third trimester and beyond. You imagined that other conversation in your head. 

Has anyone here said they supported third trimester abortions or do you just love hearing yourself talk?

Just now, The Observer said:

Has anyone here said they supported third trimester abortions or do you just love hearing yourself talk?

If you support abortion you support third trimester and beyond abortions. That’s where we are at now. There isn’t anyone proposing abortion rights without it. Why so surly? 

If you support abortion you support third trimester and beyond abortions. That’s where we are at now. There isn’t anyone proposing abortion rights without it. Why so surly? 

Provide some proof. MDC already gave you several examples of states going far more restrictive, including Alabama where this whole thread started.

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Provide some proof. MDC already gave you several examples of states going far more restrictive, including Alabama where this whole thread started.

That fundies are trying to restrict abortion? I already said that many posts before troll/stalky MDC cracked the case. That’s nothing new, in one form or another. What is new is the pushing it out from a “cluster of cells” to a baby post birth. 

It's pretty sad when hardcore is getting his ass kicked and no.support on a board thats 90% conservative.  Call it a night buddy. This one didn't work out so good for you. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That fundies are trying to restrict abortion? I already said that many posts before troll/stalky MDC cracked the case. That’s nothing new, in one form or another. What is new is the pushing it out from a “cluster of cells” to a baby post birth. 

What is new is the makeup of SCOTUS and it is giving the fundies confidence to attack Roe v. Wade for the first time in essentially our generation. That is far bigger than any perceived attempts at expanding abortion. Sorry if you don’t see that.

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What is new is the makeup of SCOTUS and it is giving the fundies confidence to attack Roe v. Wade for the first time in essentially our generation. That is far bigger than any perceived attempts at expanding abortion. Sorry if you don’t see that.

Well, I say they have been attacking it all along, I see that clear as day. But now the left has become just as extreme as they are. Sorry you can’t see that. Difference being one side advocates killing a baby. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

It's pretty sad when hardcore is getting his ass kicked and no.support on a board thats 90% conservative.  Call it a night buddy. This one didn't work out so good for you. 

We’re having a discussion. Why do you have to fly in here with your nonsense? And I’m not looking for backup. Sad you think that’s necessary. 

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

I don't want that.  I would prefer the concrete floors be dirty with used hypodermic needles strewn about.