Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Disneyworld....god effing help me.

This is the 5th ring of hell. But it gets worse. Not only are we going to Disney next month for a couple days, but we are also doing a Disney cruise next March. Then my wife drops on me that we're going to do a big Disney trip sometime in the next 2 years.

So my 1st question is should I just shoot myself in the head or is cutting my wrists in a pool easier?

If killing myself is not an option can I get a few tips? We're going to do magic Kingdom one day and Hollywood studios basically the Star Wars stuff the next day. We miraculously got a fast pass for smugglers run and ogas cantina, the Indiana Jones show and some other Star Wars 3-D thing?

Sounds like rise of the resistance is a total crap show. But I mean other than your fast pass stuff are you just in line basically forever for anything else?  Feels like you can't get really to any other rides because you will run out of time?

Sounds like your wife (can size?) has a Disney fetish.  Does she ask you to talk like Goofy when you're banging her? 

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What week are u going?  Disney is NOT the place to go to relax. Kids? Ages? 

March 22-24.... That's right. Near Spring break time.

3 girls....8, 4, 2.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why does your wife get to dictate where all your vacations are?

??  She doesn't. We probably have four trips this year where they are my trips essentially. Chicago,  Colorado, Dominican Republic, Arizona.

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

3 girls....8, 4, 2.

I'll be there the week of March 9th with the 9 year old daughter. Never been obviously, so I'll try and come back to this thread and tell you all the things I did way wrong. 👍

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I'll be there the week of March 9th with the 9 year old daughter. Never been obviously, so I'll try and come back to this thread and tell you all the things I did way wrong. 👍

Oh nice.  Our 2 little ones won't know any different so anything they ride on will be awesome and my 8 year old daughter just wants to geek out on the Star Wars stuff which I have covered so my bar for success is pretty low for them. Hope you have a great time my man.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

This is the 5th ring of hell. But it gets worse. Not only are we going to Disney next month for a couple days, but we are also doing a Disney cruise next March. Then my wife drops on me that we're going to do a big Disney trip sometime in the next 2 years.

So my 1st question is should I just shoot myself in the head or is cutting my wrists in a pool easier?

If killing myself is not an option can I get a few tips? We're going to do magic Kingdom one day and Hollywood studios basically the Star Wars stuff the next day. We miraculously got a fast pass for smugglers run and ogas cantina, the Indiana Jones show and some other Star Wars 3-D thing?

Sounds like rise of the resistance is a total crap show. But I mean other than your fast pass stuff are you just in line basically forever for anything else?  Feels like you can't get really to any other rides because you will run out of time?

Nope, download the app and use that beotch it'll tell you the wait times. I refuse to stand in a line that's more than 30 minutes. Just be smart with your fast passes and when you use your 3 up you get another one.

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

3 girls....8, 4, 2.

You staying off property?  Obviously, with kids that age, this vacay is NOT for Cyclone.  If your only going for 1 day to MK, you will have to prioritize what the kids wanna do.  Theres just no,way to do,it in one day. Studios should be a little more low-key, but I havent been since Star Wars land opened. Do they have certain character meets they wanna do? Rides?  

Also, rent a double jogger stroller from an offsite place like babysbestfriend.com. They will deliver where your staying and you can use it at Universal too.  

Youre just gonna have to suck it up for a few days and realize how cool of a Dad you will be.  

Having a good time at Disney is partly timing. Making sure you go off peak is key, to avoid the heat and the crowds.  I think we are done with Universal,the crowing issues there are too much

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nope, download the app and use that beotch it'll tell you the wait times. I refuse to stand in a line that's more than 30 minutes. Just be smart with your fast passes and when you use your 3 up you get another one.

👍🏻

You can re-up fast passes through app.  Also, take advantage of parent swap on rides.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

👍🏻

You can re-up fast passes through app.  Also, take advantage of parent swap on rides.

And for rides you want to go on single rider lines are usually way shorter.

Used the app at Disneyland last year when it was just my wife and I.  Wish it existed when the kids were younger as I used to be the designated runner to get fast passes.  Now just set an alarm on your phone for when you can get the next one.  Rinse and repeat.  You can also book reservations at restaurants. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

And for rides you want to go on single rider lines are usually way shorter.

THIS. 

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You staying off property?  Obviously, with kids that age, this vacay is NOT for Cyclone.  If your only going for 1 day to MK, you will have to prioritize what the kids wanna do.  Theres just no,way to do,it in one day. Studios should be a little more low-key, but I havent been since Star Wars land opened. Do they have certain character meets they wanna do? Rides?  

Also, rent a double jogger stroller from an offsite place like babysbestfriend.com. They will deliver where your staying and you can use it at Universal too.  

Youre just gonna have to suck it up for a few days and realize how cool of a Dad you will be.  

O thanks.... that's a good idea. We were going to bring ours down but maybe we will just rent one. 

As much as I dreaded my family trip a couple of years ago (7 days on property)  I came a way from it happy that I had done it.  If we end back in Florida for a family trip we'll do Universal as the kids are older although I'd like to see the new Star Wars rides/areas.  

The thing to remember is this trip isn't about you, it's about your kids and seeing the looks on their faces will be well worth the time and energy you spend there.  

Just now, NorthernVike said:

As much as I dreaded my family trip a couple of years ago (7 days on property)  I came a way from it happy that I had done it.  If we end back in Florida for a family trip we'll do Universal as the kids are older although I'd like to see the new Star Wars rides/areas.  

The thing to remember is this trip isn't about you, it's about your kids and seeing the looks on their faces will be well worth the time and energy you spend there.  

Oh yeah yeah. I'm not like that anyway. I get when they have the trips that are just for them. I get plenty of trips that are just for me and the wife. I'm just not great with crowds. 

57 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Don't forget the buttloads of money you are going to drop on this vacation. You could go to Mexico for a week on the kind of dough you will spend. Have a great time!

46 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

3 girls....8, 4, 2.

Yes, you are focked.  T&P's

Good thing they just jacked up the rates at the parks for tickets.  :lol:

There should be designated times for people to go to Disney without kids. Block off a few weeks a year. I think everyone would be happy. 

4 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Don't forget the buttloads of money you are going to drop on this vacation. You could go to Mexico for a week on the kind of dough you will spend. Have a great time!

7 of us, staying on site, near spring break. Also getting each kid a perk...like a princess makeover, building a lightsaber,  etc. 

I already don't like going anywhere in the United States for travel as it is. You're right we could go for a month to some Caribbean's islands. Ha.

Oh well..what can you do. Like Coming to America..."You know me..anything for the kids "

22 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

O thanks.... that's a good idea. We were going to bring ours down but maybe we will just rent one. 

Bring your own. You'll want it for all the crap outside of Disney including the airport. If you're going to be there for a while check out buying a stroller on Amazon and shipping it to your hotel. Often times it's cheaper.

If you have a nice stroller you don't trust with the airlines buy a used one on Facebook market place.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

The the security at the Orlando airport is a cluster fock.  Give yourself a whole lot of extra time unless you have TSA precheck.

22 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I just didn't know if there was any little tips or tricks beyond fast pass to get to stuff.

Get there at rope drop and ride you high priority ride. The downside is you are at the mercy of the buses to get there early unless you are at GF, Poly, or Contempo.

Lines are slightly more tolerable while people are at parades.  If you are on property, take advantage of the extra magic hours if your schedule lines up.   

19 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I just didn't know if there was any little tips or tricks beyond fast pass to get to stuff.

Take advantage of magic hours.

If you have park hoppers go to the park with magic hours and then hop to a different park around 10am. What happens is the park with magic hour will be busier. 

Maximize fast passes

If you're at the parks during rope drop go left. More people go right.

Paying for special events is totally worth it. Check out Villans after hours. The park will be practically empty

Disney Cruise?  OMG Kill me now.

Not only would I not want to do that because of the kids everywhere, but with the corona virus having it's little fun and keeping people locked up for months, I'll pass.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Take advantage of magic hours.

If you have park hoppers go to the park with magic hours and then hop to a different park around 10am. What happens is the park with magic hour will be busier. 

Maximize fast passes

If you're at the parks during rope drop go left. More people go right.

Paying for special events is totally worth it. Check out Villans after hours. The park will be practically empty

This.  I would also add that, when our kids were young, we got them up early to go to the park with magic hours, but left around 11.  We went back to the hotel, fed them and went to the pool for an hour or so.  Then they napped and we went back to the parks for 4:00 or so, do some rides and then eat dinner.  Stayed for as long as they could last before heading out for the night.  Worked for us.  

BTW Disney has gotten really good about theming the lines. Rise of the resistance is just a long queue disguised as a ride experience. So you won't be totally bored.

Also you need to prepare yourself for the lines and people. I took a xanxx every day.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Disney Cruise?  OMG Kill me now.

Not only would I not want to do that because of the kids everywhere, but with the corona virus having it's little fun and keeping people locked up for months, I'll pass.

I'd 100% do Disney cruise. I hear they are amazing and everyone I've talked to who has been on one plan on doing another.

However, I agree with you when it comes to cruising right now. I couldn't imagine being stuck on a ship practically locked in those small rooms for 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Also you need to prepare yourself for the lines and people. 

Yep, no way to avoid it nowadays.  We used to go the first week of Dec.  Fully decorated, and the park traffic was as light as you will ever see it.  Last time I was there in first week of Dec, waits were in excess of 3 hours on prime rides.  And, whatever you do,,dont go on a free dining week😠

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I'd 100% do Disney cruise. I hear they are amazing and everyone I've talked to who has been on one plan on doing another.

However, I agree with you when it comes to cruising right now. I couldn't imagine being stuck on a ship practically locked in those small rooms for 2 weeks.

I was just tossing the idea around with my wife about an Alaskan cruise..then the beer virus popped up and I said oh hell no.

I'm sure the Disney cruises are fine  But so are all the others too..I seriously can't see them as bad..as long as the weather cooperates.  And Id rather have less kids than more