Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Legalized Weed

Do you live in a state where weed is legal? And if you do, do you now smoke it assuming you did not before? Weed has been legal in California for a while but I still have not bought or smoked any. Did it when I was younger a handful of times but it just isn't my go to thing to relax I guess.

Ohio here. I buy my stuff from Reggie in the ghetto and will continue to do so regardless of legal status. Going into a shop you are going to pay about 5000% mark up. 

I think the government should designate drug cartels as terrorist organizations and when somebody buys weed from Reggie in the ghetto they should be charged with funding terrorism.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I think the government should designate drug cartels as terrorist organizations and when somebody buys weed from Reggie in the ghetto they should be charged with funding terrorism.

:lol:

That's a good way to rile up an already disgruntled and unproductive demographic. 

• Haha 1

Good. And the project dwellers can walk past the homeboys blazing up in the lobby every night.  

Weed is a fairly suburban thing for the last decade.  Anyone that wants weed doesnt need to get involved with ghetto folks anymore and hasnt for a while now.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Weed is a fairly suburban thing for the last decade.  Anyone that wants weed doesnt need to get involved with ghetto folks anymore and hasnt for a while now.  

Yeah, no one in the hood smokes it. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, no one in the hood smokes it. 

Where did I say that? Spastic much?

IL legalized it. I never had a desire to smoke since the age of 25 and probably never will. Most of my friends are union and get drug tested as it is. If they didn't do it before it was legal they prob don't do it now

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Ohio here. I buy my stuff from Reggie in the ghetto and will continue to do so regardless of legal status. Going into a shop you are going to pay about 5000% mark up. 

Keep getting the ghetto stuff. Dispensary stuff sucks, Imo. Too powerful and leaves me with a hangover.

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Keep getting the ghetto stuff. Dispensary stuff sucks, Imo. Too powerful and leaves me with a hangover.

I don’t like high octane stuff. I get all paranoid and end up hiding behind the couch. 

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

Do you live in a state where weed is legal? And if you do, do you now smoke it assuming you did not before? Weed has been legal in California for a while but I still have not bought or smoked any. Did it when I was younger a handful of times but it just isn't my go to thing to relax I guess.

Legal in michigan.  I smoked a ton on college but now I'm just not really into it.  Wife smokes here and there.  My job tests too.  But only if there is a safety incident. However 10 put of the last 14 years I worked for companies that randomly tested.  So I guess that changed me

45 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Where did I say that? Spastic much?

You said it’s been become a suburban thing. First of all, not true. It was always there. Second, your contention implies that it moved from the city to the burbs. Evidences by “has become”. It’s just a stupid statement on all levels. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You said it’s been become a suburban thing. First of all, not true. It was always there. Second, your contention implies that it moved from the city to the burbs. Evidences by “has become”. It’s just a stupid statement on all 

It has become a much more rich white suburban thing than it was 15 years ago.

The whole point of the post was to say you dont have to go to the hood to get weed 

Of course you get twitchy and take things wrong.  Thats your MO.  No where in my post did I suggest weed isnt a thing in the hood anymore.  

I really miss weed. It's been over a year since I've smoked. We had a scare with the local cops last year. 

Really sucks now that we're on lockdown. Would be nice to get blazed. Would keep the whiskey stocks from going down so fast too. 

I haven't smoked in years. One of two things happened to me when I used to get high. I either wanted to go out and play sports, or I would think about all the things that I needed to do but haven't done yet and either be paranoid about it or go and work on it.

Plus, I work for a consulting company and am subject to the drug policies of whatever client I get assigned to. I don't want to lose my job that way, so, no smokey for me even if I wanted to.

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

The whole point of the post was to say you dont have to go to the hood to get weed 

It is interesting. Those of us middle aged, middle class, that never stopped smoking after teenage years were a secret underground. We all knew each other. Now with legalization people are way more open about it. I don't see much difference in the people that are doing it. 

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Of course you get twitchy and take things wrong.  Thats your MO.  No where in my post did I suggest weed isnt a thing in the hood anymore.  

Yeah. NBA and NFL players don't do it anymore.

I don't think it's any more predominant in the rich white suburbs than it has ever been.

Pot always made me paranoid so I’m not a fan. 

I did smoke hash once and it was much different.   No paranoia at all.  

Pot is legal in MI now.  Does that also mean hash is legal too?  

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I haven't smoked in years. One of two things happened to me when I used to get high. I either wanted to go out and play sports, or I would think about all the things that I needed to do but haven't done yet and either be paranoid about it or go and work on it.

Plus, I work for a consulting company and am subject to the drug policies of whatever client I get assigned to. I don't want to lose my job that way, so, no smokey for me even if I wanted to.

I have heard people say weed makes them want to do things. That's insane to me. It made me want to park my ass on a couch and not move. I really hate that part of it. 

It is legal here in MA. They are putting in a couple of dispensaries in my town. Haven’t had a desire strong enough to go buy something yet, but I guess at some point I will. I smoked some when I was younger, but never had it in my regular routine. Maybe edibles will be good. :dunno:

25 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Pot always made me paranoid so I’m not a fan. 

I did smoke hash once and it was much different.   No paranoia at all.  

Pot is legal in MI now.  Does that also mean hash is legal too?  

Depends on manufacturing laws. But it should be

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I have heard people say weed makes them want to do things. That's insane to me. It made me want to park my ass on a couch and not move. I really hate that part of it. 

You need a good sativa. It can easily replace coffee and energy drinks

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You need a good sativa. It can easily replace coffee and energy drinks

The paranoia gets me also. I heard sativa can be worse for that. Plus getting high to start my day? Thats just not for me. 

Not legal here....... in fact, Texas will prolly be the last damn state to legalize it.

I had fun with it 30 years ago, but not for me anymore - don't miss it a bit.

I was a near daily pot smoker throughout my 20s. Last time I got high was maybe 7-8 years ago. When it becomes legal in PA I will probably try it again. I don’t see it becoming part of my usual routine though.

Never liked it, don't care that it's legal here in MA  Where the fock is legal cocaine? :mad:

In MA as well..been to the shop a few times, nice to have options like flower, vapes, or edibles, but it's too pricey, and taxed too high.

14 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I will partake when I retire. Hope I like it. :dunno:

I find this fascinating. So I am assuming you are saying you have not tried it before? Just curious, if my previous thought is true, why would you want to try it after all these years? My wife has never tried it. Ever. She went to school at UC Berkeley and it was literally in her dorm (roommates smoked out all the time) room all the time. She said she was worried she would become addicted. She has stated that she made it this far without trying it so why should she start now.

7 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is legal here in MA. They are putting in a couple of dispensaries in my town. Haven’t had a desire strong enough to go buy something yet, but I guess at some point I will. I smoked some when I was younger, but never had it in my regular routine. Maybe edibles will be good. :dunno:

I've done edibles maybe a half dozen times, either a half or a whole gummy. One whole one puts me on the verge of paranoia, so that's enough for me. I do notice the edibles make me dizzy, though. The wife says the same thing. My 22 year old daughter lives in Marlboro right down the street from a dispensary. It's funny..8 - 10 years ago, we would've grounded her for a month if we caught her with weed. Now my wife is going with her buying edibles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbivore said:

In MA as well..been to the shop a few times, nice to have options like flower, vapes, or edibles, but it's too pricey, and taxed too high.

Not in Massachusetts, I don't believe you :nono:

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I've done edibles maybe a half dozen times, either a half or a whole gummy. One whole one puts me on the verge of paranoia, so that's enough for me. I do notice the edibles make me dizzy, though. The wife says the same thing. My 22 year old daughter lives in Marlboro right down the street from a dispensary. It's funny..8 - 10 years ago, we would've grounded her for a month if we caught her with weed. Now my wife is going with her buying edibles.

Weed = increased appetite 

Cocaine/Adderal = no appetite what so ever.

47 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

My 22 year old daughter lives in Marlboro right down the street from a dispensary. It's funny..8 - 10 years ago, we would've grounded her for a month if we caught her with weed. Now my wife is going with her buying edibles.

Well yeah, she was 12 years old. :dunno:

44 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not in Massachusetts, I don't believe you :nono:

yes, vapes are currently sidelined cause Baker hates the weed

I smoked 2-5 x daily in high school, tapering down to a few times a month socially after college. Then a few times a year socially for a decade.

I went to a dispensary and spent a few hundred dollars on carts, edibles, tinctures, etc recently and went hog wild for a month and a half. Using every night and all day on the weekends. It was cool initially but my tolerance built up real quick and by the end the novelty had worn off.

I doubt I ever buy any again but will partake occasionally if it is around at a get together. 

Everyone should at least try it once. Even right wing grannies are getting in on the action these days for recreational or medical reasons.

1 minute ago, Intense Observer said:

I smoked 2-5 x daily in high school, tapering down to a few times a month socially after college. Then a few times a year socially for a decade.

I went to a dispensary and spent a few hundred dollars on carts, edibles, tinctures, etc recently and went hog wild for a month and a half. Using every night and all day on the weekends. It was cool initially but my tolerance built up real quick and by the end the novelty had worn off.

I doubt I ever buy any again but will partake occasionally if it is around at a get together. 

Everyone should at least try it once. Even right wing grannies are getting in on the action these days for recreational or medical reasons.

it is nice to see people being reasonable about the medical aspects