Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Bloomberg's comments on farmer vs. technology jobs

Just now, The Observer said:

If Trump can go a week without lying, I'm in

Have you ever listened to Chris Mad Dog Russo?  He used to annoy me with his over exaggeration of most everything.  I realized it’s his way of communicating.  Although I don’t like it, if you ignore Trumps exaggerations, he has been effective in many important areas.

32 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You mean voting for Tump

I won’t be voting for Trump.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If you vote third party, you're voting for Trump

I disagree. :cheers: 

4 hours ago, nobody said:

Okay, okay.  Let's not pretend your average farmer is some chemical and genetic genius because they implement the latest advancements in agriculture.  

Im talking seed banks and all the stuff that monsanto is focking up

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

It’s your primary.  Use the info or don’t, I don’t care.

MDC prefers full blown Marxism. So his vote is going to Sanders.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

If Trump can go a week without lying, I'm in

Translation: If Trump can go a week agreeing with all the liberal lies, Newbie will still vote for the Marxist Sanders.

In my best Yoda voice: Hmm... TDS runs deep in this one, it does.

It’s not Trumps lies that libtards hate. It’s his truth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

MDC prefers full blown Marxism. So his vote is going to Sanders.

I prefer a true populist to a fake one.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

I won’t be voting for Trump.

Going with that racist, Bloomberg if he wins the nomination? 

Michael Bloomberg declared that there's "this enormous cohort of black and Latino males" who "don't know how to behave in the workplace

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Michael Bloomberg declared that there's "this enormous cohort of black and Latino males" who "don't know how to behave in the workplace

I bet he goes with the Marxist.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Probably not. I voted 3rd party in 2016. Probably doing the same in 2020 if Bernie doesn’t get the nod.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Probably not. I voted 3rd party in 2016. Probably doing the same in 2020 if Bernie doesn’t get the nod.

Your motto, "Marxism or death!!".

11 hours ago, The Observer said:

If you vote third party, you're voting for Trump

That is basically how the democrats tried to win last time, and it seems to be their strategy this time too.

"yeah we suck. But Trump sucks more. Vote for our bullish!t even though it sucks." 

It didn't work in 2016. It won't work in 2020. Maybe they should actually try to suck less. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That is basically how the democrats tried to win last time, and it seems to be their strategy this time too.

"yeah we suck. But Trump sucks more. Vote for our bullish!t even though it sucks." 

It didn't work in 2016. It won't work in 2020. Maybe they should actually try to suck less. 

This has been the major party rallying cry in almost every election cycle of my voting life. 

21 hours ago, The Observer said:

I'm sure large corporation farms have extremely smart people working on the staff.  And even Old McDonald and his farm have probably outsourced technology geniuses to keep them up to speed on the latest equipment to maximize crop size and efficiency.  There's more to it than planting a hole and dropping seeds in. 

Even the smaller family run farms have a LOT of technology.  Their combines and tractors have GPS and can plant entire crops and harvest on their own.  Some of the dairy farms are automatic to where the cattle will enter the building and be milked by machines on their own.  Farmers are able to monitor their yields instantly while harvesting in their combine.  Their combines and tractors are basically mobile offices where they have internet and are able to conduct business from them.

Not all are like this and many still do things the old fashion way like most think of when they imagine farming.  Some of them have very little education and when it comes to something that doesn't involve farming, hunting or fishing then they are not knowledgeable at all.  Most are incredibly smart when it comes to managing a farm though, and there is a lot that goes into it that I don't think the average person has any idea about.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

Wrong again. I have a lot of family that are farmers and they don't outsource anything. It's amazing the technology they use to maximize output. My grandfather was a farmer and one of the greatest quotes he ever said to me was..."farmers are the biggest gamblers in the world".

I've always thought that to be true as well but with the insurance some get and the government subsidies I'm starting to think it's not as big of a gamble as it use to be.  There are multiple farmers in my area that I see plant in flood plains every year and just about every year they flood and almost completely useless by harvest time.  I don't know how a company would insure them every year.

Even small farmers doing it for money aren’t small. Who are these people talking about? 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've always thought that to be true as well but with the insurance some get and the government subsidies I'm starting to think it's not as big of a gamble as it use to be.  There are multiple farmers in my area that I see plant in flood plains every year and just about every year they flood and almost completely useless by harvest time.  I don't know how a company would insure them every year.

I live in the Midwest and have many family members that are farmers. There are so many factors that determine how much they make. It's not just about flood insurance.

3 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

I live in the Midwest and have many family members that are farmers. There are so many factors that determine how much they make. It's not just about flood insurance.

I understand that.  Crop and livestock prices fluctuate.  They contract their crops.  There is never ending maintenance.  Weather is just another factor on a list of many.

2 minutes ago, Secret Asian Man said:

If the Dems steal the nomination from Bernie....again....do you really expect his supporters to stay with the party? 

Define 'steal'.  He lost last time. It wasn't stolen. More voters voted for Hillary.  

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Define 'steal'.  He lost last time. It wasn't stolen. More voters voted for Hillary.  

No. The fix was never in last time. I wonder if Bernie supporters feel he was given a fair chance at the nomination, because that's what matters. If they feel like he was cheated of the nomination this time, do you expect them to stay? 

Just now, Secret Asian Man said:

No. The fix was never in last time. I wonder if Bernie supporters feel he was given a fair chance at the nomination, because that's what matters. If they feel like he was cheated of the nomination this time, do you expect them to stay? 

I think they thought they were cheated last time and they are already going into this election with the attitude that they either win the nomination or they were robbed. It's a foregone conclusion to them.  I touched upon it in the debate thread. I've already accepted that we'll have four more years of Trump.  Bernie will lose to him if he wins the nomination, and he will destroy the nominee's chances if he doesn't.  And it will be another vague, unproven claim that they were robbed that will be their excuse.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I think they thought they were cheated last time and they are already going into this election with the attitude that they either win the nomination or they were robbed. It's a foregone conclusion to them.  I touched upon it in the debate thread. I've already accepted that we'll have four more years of Trump.  Bernie will lose to him if he wins the nomination, and he will destroy the nominee's chances if he doesn't.  And it will be another vague, unproven claim that they were robbed that will be their excuse.

Read the DNC emails. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I agree. That is how they will see it. And what do you think they will do? Become independents or join another party? The Dems have alienated the middle already. I have voted for 2 Republicans. Reagan and Trump. But now I'm a deplorable and a racist and whatever else they have called us. Do you really expect me to ever vote for any Dem again? It will never happen. If they lose Bernie's people, will the party survive? 

2 minutes ago, Secret Asian Man said:

Yep. They can't see that they are destroying their own party. 

Newbies just afraid he'll get arrested because CNN told him its illegal to read them. 

3 minutes ago, Secret Asian Man said:

I agree. That is how they will see it. And what do you think they will do? Become independents or join another party? The Dems have alienated the middle already. I have voted for 2 Republicans. Reagan and Trump. But now I'm a deplorable and a racist and whatever else they have called us. Do you really expect me to ever vote for any Dem again? It will never happen. If they lose Bernie's people, will the party survive? 

Repeat performance from 2016.  A few may vote for the eventual nominee. Many will just stay home. Some will vote for Trump. Whereas mostly all Biden/Buttigieg/Warren/Klobachar supporters will vote for whoever the nominee ends up being.  And Sanders has no problem having everyone know this. He wants the Dems to be scared of him not being nominated.

14 minutes ago, Secret Asian Man said:

Yep. They can't see that they are destroying their own party. 

It's a no win situation for the DNC.  They are essentially held hostage by Sanders and the Bernie Bros. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It's a no win situation for the DNC.  They are essentially held hostage by Sanders and the Bernie Bros. 

I agree. They almost have to make him the nominee to keep the party from imploding. And the circus of the last 3 years hasn't helped. And it all could of been avoided if Hillary had made Bernie her running mate. I believe she would have won. I wouldn't have voted for that ticket myself, but I think it would have been hard to beat. 

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

18 hours ago, The Observer said:

How dare they not reflexively vote for whatever DINO the superdelegates foist upon them.