Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Station Night Club 2/20/2003 100 dead

This is the Great White concert. Its still hard to fathom 100 dead in a 21st century fire in the US.  But, humans are proven to fuk up time and time again.  A little tip...if your in a tight place like this, familiarize yourself with a suitable exit OPPOSITE  the main entrance.  Human nature leads most people to try to escape through the way you entered. Graphic video.

That’s a dark video. The screams of people being burned alive is chilling as fock.

Was talking about this with my wife and son tonight. Amazing that it was 17 years ago. My son was in the womb at the time and had not heard the story.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

This is the Great White concert. Its still hard to fathom 100 dead in a 21st century fire in the US.  But, humans are proven to fuk up time and time again.  A little tip...if your in a tight place like this, familiarize yourself with a suitable exit OPPOSITE  the main entrance.  Human nature leads most people to try to escape through the way you entered. Graphic video.

Yep. With shootings and things like this I check exits almost every place I go. Sit down dinner I even just take a peak at routes behind the counter/front area. I've noped out of a few things that looked like this venue. This was terrifying...cant believe it's been that long. 

Remember when it happened.   Totally messed up.    The idiot who ran the club used that soft foam insulation that's shaped like egg cartons to try to sound proof the area around the band stage because he had gotten noise complaints from neighbors.    Put it all over the walls around the stage.   That stuff went up like it was gasoline when the idiot roadies set off the band's cheap ass pyro-technic display with the sparks spraying onto that foam.     

There's one shot in the video where you can see people stuck in the doorway and people trying to pull them out.    That's how most died.   The flames went so fast that people rushed to the exits and then the press of people literally wedged people into an unmoveable jam in the doorways.    That shitty foam and the other crap burning caused toxic smoke to fill the place in 2 minutes or less.   Most died stuck a few feet from an exit door when the doors got physically jammed full with people.   That stufff will give you nighmares if you think about it too long.    Even worse, there were other exits that people could have gotten out of but everyone rushed to go out the way they came in and then the smoke obliterated any way to find another  exit out.     Most of the band survived (I think just one guy died) because they simply walked out of a side door emergency exit.    And they started closer to the fire than anyone in the place.   

And worst of all, it was a Great White show.    Man, if I am going to go, it's not going to be at a show for a sh!tty band like that.    

Horrible tragedy.    Unbelievable that no one looked at the pyro technics when they were setting it up and the foam on the wall a couple of feet away and thought; "don't you think that's kind of  a problem?"

When a venue is really looking for someone to come in and burn the place down. They hire Great White

15 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I just heard about this for the first time a few weeks ago. I bet that was scary as sh!t

Long before everyone had a video camera in their pocket too. Imagine?"

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

When a venue is really looking for someone to come in and burn the place down. They hire Great White

Party seemed lit.