Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

I saw that the PS5 may be fully backward compatable

Possibly back to even PS1 games. Even if it goes back to P2 or PS3 that would be awesome.

If this is true, I may quit my job, break up with my girl, buy a lifelong supply of beer, and never see the light of day again. :banana:

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Possibly back to even PS1 games. Even if it goes back to P2 or PS3 that would be awesome.

If this is true, I may quit my job, break up with my girl, buy a lifelong supply of beer, and never see the light of day again. :banana:

Black Ops 2? 

56 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah been scanning games just in case....

The old socom navy seals game was nice. Best out of 3 team battles where you picked your map and then agreed to a game 3 map with your opponents...ha. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I heard your mom was backward compatible too.  Any truth to those rumors?

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

And stop posting here. Don’t forget to stop posting here. 

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I heard your mom was backward compatible too.  Any truth to those rumors?

Yeah for sure. She can relive turning you down over and over again throughout the years. From what I understand, she didn't like little peepees.

2 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

When does it come out?  I'm ready for the new PS platform :banana:

It's being said somewhere between Oct. and Dec of this year.

30 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Fully backward compatible?  I'm definitely going to need to check that out.  Wife won't let me...

Finger's crossed.

"The Japanese company revealed late last year that the PS5 would be launching in 2020.

The tech giant will know that fans are keen for backwards compatibility so they can play their old games on the new console.

According to HipHopGamer, Sony is reportedly creating a "Remastering Engine".

This would allow gamers to run titles from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 on the new console."

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/tech/211983/ps5-could-be-backwards-compatible-letting-you-play-all-your-old-games-again/

20 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"The Japanese company revealed late last year that the PS5 would be launching in 2020.

The tech giant will know that fans are keen for backwards compatibility so they can play their old games on the new console.

According to HipHopGamer, Sony is reportedly creating a "Remastering Engine".

This would allow gamers to run titles from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 on the new console."

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/tech/211983/ps5-could-be-backwards-compatible-letting-you-play-all-your-old-games-again/

I don't think we're on the same page here...

5 hours ago, Gladiators said:

I don't think we're on the same page here...

I replied to the wrong post.

Wife will like it. Only games she will play is Ratchet and Clank so being able to play the old ones she will love 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sad

That you are taking the time to reply to something that you not interested in? True.

And this coming from a guy with 44,897 posts on a chat board.

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That you are taking the time to reply to something that you not interested in? True.

Well, I am concerned with what’s becoming of the once rugged American man. Superhero movies and video games are turning them into grown up babies, soft and whiney. First come the man booobs, then the diabetes. Enjoy your foot while you still have it. 

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Maybe you'll rack up a bunch of posts if you can last a little while without getting the boot. 

I have a lot of PS2 games that I occasionally play here and there...  Might look into the PS5 if this is true, and there are good games worth getting on the PS5 that I like...

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, I am concerned with what’s becoming of the once rugged American man. Superhero movies and video games are turning them into grown up babies, soft and whiney. First come the man booobs, then the diabetes. Enjoy your foot while you still have it. 

I spend more time working out than I do video games. I don't have any health concerns in the least. Not sure where you are getting your info. I just like playing video games a couple times a week. So sue me. Where its known that you plant yourself in front of your computer on this site without ever taking a day or two off each week. Or even simply spending less time on the site on any one day in all your years here. Talk about a potato in the works. But I don't come at you for that because it's none of my business. 

the pussification of america continues.

5 minutes ago, posty said:

I have a lot of PS2 games that I occasionally play here and there...  Might look into the PS5 if this is true, and there are good games worth getting on the PS5 that I like...

Yeah, I think it's a wait and see at this point. Probably will know better come later in the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, taco breath said:

the pussification of america continues.

And there it is. Showing up in the nick of time. American pussification incarnate. Welcome to the show taco.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

And there it is. Showing up in the nick of time. American pussification incarnate. Welcome to the show taco.

i wonder if there are websites that talk about this sort of stuff, and people actually give a shiit.

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I spend more time working out than I do video games. I don't have any health concerns in the least. Not sure where you are getting your info. I just like playing video games a couple times a week. So sue me. Where its known that you plant yourself in front of your computer on this site without ever taking a day or two off each week. Or even simply spending less time on the site on any one day in all your years here. Talk about a potato in the works. But I don't come at you for that because it's none of my business. 

Nerve struck. I don’t know the last time I was on an actual computer. Who still does that? Can’t afford a smart phone? Work harder. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nerve struck. I don’t know the last time I was on an actual computer. Who still does that? Can’t afford a smart phone? Work harder. 

I can afford both. :thumbsup: I'm guessing you are the one who needs the money.

And your attacks are baseless. But I guess it's the only thing you have left in your life.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I can afford both. :thumbsup: I'm guessing you are the one who needs the money.

And your attacks are baseless. But I guess it's the only thing you have left in your life.

I’m not the one who keeps crawling back here every few months with a different name. Seafool-Jerk whatever. 

11 minutes ago, taco breath said:

i wonder if there are websites that talk about this sort of stuff, and people actually give a shiit.

Taco's world: "I got nothing else to do so I think I'll go into a thread that doesn't interest me and start saying things."

And they do have a website for people who don't have anything to say but do it anyway. It's called twitter. You should try it.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not the one who keeps crawling back here every few months with a different name. Seafool-Jerk whatever. 

You just stay on this site 24x7 sitting on your ass all day. Whatever you choose is. It's your life.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

You just stay on this site 24x7 sitting on your ass all day. Whatever you choose is. It's your life.

sounds better than a PS8768

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, seems like you’re a real go getter, outdoorsy type. Your life is even better than Newbies. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, seems like you’re a real go getter, outdoorsy type. Your life is even better than Newbies. 

All I said to your cut down of me getting man boobs and diabetes is that I exercise to prevent such things happening later in my life. I don't boast about anything personal on this site that I can remember. So, simple question. Who doesn't exercise to prevent these things? It seems you have first hand knowledge?

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, seems like you’re a real go getter, outdoorsy type.

i doubt he has ever been bitten by a mosquito.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

All I said to your cut down of me getting man boobs and diabetes is that I exercise to prevent such things happening later in my life. So, simple question. Who doesn't exercise to prevent these things? It seems you have have first hand knowledge?

Run circles around your soft ass. And probably have you by twenty years. Highway miles though. Doesn’t seem you go very far. What’s the indent in your couch like? lol. 

The big question being is if it will allow the old game discs to be used, or if you'll need to buy and download them from the online store.

57 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Run circles around your soft ass. And probably have you by twenty years. Highway miles though. Doesn’t seem you go very far. What’s the indent in your couch like? lol. 

Sure newbs. Nothing like going on the internet and saying you are in better shape or more wealthy or etc. than someone you know nothing about. Keep it up.

59 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

The big question being is if it will allow the old game discs to be used, or if you'll need to buy and download them from the online store.

I thought of that too. Especially for PS3s and 4s which aren"t that old.