Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Nevada DMV removes parallel parking from driver test

LAS VEGAS — Nevada state driving officials have removed the parallel parking portion of driver tests. The Department of Motor Vehicles removed the parallel parking section Jan. 13 from the licensing exam because it led to too many retests, KVVU reported.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/nevada-dmv-removes-parallel-parking-driver-test/E3KV7UHSNRBGHEDVCLEOCQ33II/

In the small town I grew up in, I wouldn't have survived without knowing how to parallel park. Parking was tight on my street. You were lucky if there was 12" in front and in back of your car when you were parked.   Don't need to use it much these days, but every now and then it's nice to have the skill when it's your only option. 

2 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

It would appear that in the very near future your car will be parking for you

In Soviet Russia park cars you.

4 hours ago, The Observer said:

In the small town I grew up in, I wouldn't have survived without knowing how to parallel park. Parking was tight on my street. You were lucky if there was 12" in front and in back of your car when you were parked.   Don't need to use it much these days, but every now and then it's nice to have the skill when it's your only option. 

Darn, I left out this internet skill of yours. Let me add it to your profile from the dwarf kid thread:

Internet  tough guy, internet rich guy, internet charitable donation guy, internet everyone in life loves you guy and now internet skilled parallel parking  guy. Wow, impressive internet-only profile. The one thing you can't pretend to be on the internet though is, internet smart guy. 

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Darn, I left out this internet skill of yours. Let me add it to your profile from the dwarf kid thread:

Internet  tough guy, internet rich guy, internet charitable donation guy, internet everyone in life loves you guy and now internet skilled parallel parking  guy. Wow, impressive internet-only profile. The one thing you can't pretend to be on the internet though is, internet smart guy. 

Lol. Wait, you're actually threatened because I said I could parallel park?  I didn't even say I was great at it. Holy fock I'm in your head. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Lol. Wait, you're actually threatened because I said I could parallel park?  I didn't even say I was great at it. Holy fock I'm in your head. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Who's in who's head? I am just having fun making fun of you and your "internet greatness". You are the one that can not resist. 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Who's in who's head? I am just having fun making fun of you and your "internet greatness". You are the one that can not resist. 

I can spin a basketball on my finger too.   

Now flip out!!!!   Lol

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I can spin a basketball on my finger too.   

Now flip out!!!!   Lol

Nah. That's one I believe you can do in real life. That's a different kind of funny.

In the parts of the US and Canada that I've been in, there is no need to paralell park. I know how and the skill would be useful in China if I ever get a car.

Is newbie just trying to pick a fight with everyone? God I hate people like him. This the type of dude that would catch an ass whoopin in real life 

Ohio removed before I got my license (1996). It was replaced with this drive up and veer right or left (tester chose at random) and then back up the same way without hitting any cones. That said I know how to parallel park and rather well. I can fit a monster truck into a space designated for a f@ggy Prius. 

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Is newbie just trying to pick a fight with everyone? God I hate people like him. This the type of dude that would catch an ass whoopin in real life 

Uhh, I said I needed to learn how to parallel park because of the town I grew up in. Go back and see who needed to pick a fight. 

I know it do that I destroy you every time run your mouth, but don't let that blind you to what really goes on around here.  

Again, go review the thread and you let me know who started the fight. Don't go into hiding now. Get back to us. Thanks in advance. 

• Thanks 1

Our city switched from angled parking to parallel parking on its main streets last year.   Shop owners are not happy.   

Parallel parking is a skill every man should have, just like driving a stick. Neither are very practical nor used much in this modern era of tech and pussification, but they are a hat tip to our fathers and grandfathers who were required to have those skills and if they were worth a damn taught us those skills in our youth.

What would be a very practical skill to teach and require for driving tests nowadays is how to reverse into a parking spot. And what the left lane means.