Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Anyone else get this as their banner ad at top of the GC page?

This is why I never look at any lefty websites, CNN stuff like that. Google records all your data and uses it to target you with specific ads. At some point you went to a website, clicked on a random link maybe etc.. and now AdWords thinks you are a likely candidate to click that banner ad. There is nothing random about it.

I had a PayPal ad, I refreshed got a hotels.com ad then a Chevrolet ad.

A good reminder to folks who use adblocker to whitelist Mike's site, help him out by giving him his half penny or whatever with each click around here.

I'm afraid to click something called genderocity, I don't want any algorithm bots thinking I'm interested in that.

At present, I have 'Truthfinder / Search Public Records Now' and a pick of some long haired guy that looks like an 80s era rock star.

Right now, mine is United Airlines... which is odd because I don't really fly anywhere.   When I bought airline tickets for my son, it was with American Airlines.

Mine is from Best Buy to pre-order Samsung phones.  I haven't been looking at new phones.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Mines for AARP   :cry:

Same here 

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right now, mine is United Airlines... which is odd because I don't really fly anywhere.   When I bought airline tickets for my son, it was with American Airlines.

Update... my ad now is about Delta.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Update... my ad now is about Delta.

Now Best Buy.  Really odd.  3 sites I don't visit.

Mine is for some Auditing/Accounting Convention at Aria in Las Vegas.   Vegas is the connection to what I browse often.

21 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

I keep seeing ads for peenis reduction surgery.

That's probably because you keep searching for big black c0ck. 

Now theater seating.  That's legit, I've been searching for new furniture for our theater room.

Rite Aid. Pharmacy around the block where I buy my industrial strength Rolaids

Turned off adblock to see. Banner is about 1 for 100. Had some insurance banner come up that was relevant. The rest aren't related to anything I've searched. Been on a gun and hunting run with some truck part searches the last month. Not a single ad relevant to that. 

So I’m getting an oil change right now and the TV in the waiting area is on the Boomerang channel which is playing Warner Brothers cartoons. I’m in this thread so I go to the main page to see the ad, and it’s a Warner Brothers ad... They listening. 

Sling TV.  First time I've seen that; haven't searched for it, although we did watch my daughter's Hulu account on Sunday.  :dunno: 

Prior to that it was something called "Tax Act."

Ads for chloroform and duct tape. 

Hmmmm... I need to stop talking out loud to myself about what I'm gonna do to all your moms.  :ninja:

SmarTone Norton Lifelock (and it's in Chinese).