Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Guy from here has Kobes game shoes from his FIRST NBA Game. Signed.

In North Dakota. 

I guess he was at the first Timberwolves game...and somehow got them from Kobe there.  There is a pic of Kobe handing him the shoes.  He also got a jersey signed at the time -- one the guy brought (not game jersey).

Its a fact. I am in a small town.  Everyone knows the guy. Not many knew he had the shoes.  Texts starting to go around now.     I've seen the pics. 

Someone offered him $200K.  He declined. Duh. I'd imagine they will go for one hell of a lot more. 

I just heard on Saturday that he is consigning them to an auction company.

Here is the cool part-- the seller gets 100% of the sale, and the buyer pays 20% commission to the auction company.  

How much ya think they sell for? 

There are plenty of Kobe autographed shoes on the market in the $1500-$3000 range, but these are his first pair of game worn NBA shoes.  

Hard to tell how much someone will pay for those, but he’s looking at a substantial payday.  

I bet they stink to high heaven. Yuck. But some rich ghetto punk will buy them for a ton of money. Unless it's some white wall street douche.

9 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

In North Dakota. 

I guess he was at the first Timberwolves game...and somehow got them from Kobe there.  There is a pic of Kobe handing him the shoes.  He also got a jersey signed at the time -- one the guy brought (not game jersey).

Its a fact. I am in a small town.  Everyone knows the guy. Not many knew he had the shoes.  Texts starting to go around now.     I've seen the pics. 

Someone offered him $200K.  He declined. Duh. I'd imagine they will go for one hell of a lot more. 

I just heard on Saturday that he is consigning them to an auction company.

Here is the cool part-- the seller gets 100% of the sale, and the buyer pays 20% commission to the auction company.  

How much ya think they sell for? 

Why is that the cool part?   Bidder still has a maximum price and believe me, the commission is factored in the bidders mind.  

Anyway, $100,000

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I bet they stink to high heaven. Yuck. But some rich ghetto punk will buy them for a ton of money. Unless it's some white wall street douche.

He played 6 minutes and had zero points.

30 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Why is that the cool part?   Bidder still has a maximum price and believe me, the commission is factored in the bidders mind.  

Anyway, $100,000

Touche, But I think they go for more than 100k.  A lot more. 

I bet the Lakers, The NBA, Lebron,  HOF, or some rich Lakers fan pays 400Kish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Touche, But I think they go for more than 100k.  A lot more. 

I bet the Lakers, The NBA, Lebron,  HOF, or some rich Lakers fan pays 400Kish.

I hope for the sellers sake.  🤞

• Like 1

I’d have a hard time turning down that 200k. There have to be much more desirable Kobe items out there but I understand the appeal to a collector for his first nba game worn shoe. 

at this point as the seller I’m hoping for anything above 200k. 

id guess it goes for over 500 just due to the sensationalism. As time goes by I’d think an item like this probably goes down in value as we are further removed from the tragedy 

15 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Tree-fitty is the correct answer here.

15 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Still? It's been a while since he wore them. It is baffling how prized one man's worn shoes are though...

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Still? It's been a while since he wore them. It is baffling how prized one man's worn shoes are though...

That is what amazes me. I can kind of get on catching a record breaking home run ball or something like that maybe? But just barely if even that.

How do shoe collectors keep the shoes in mint or decent condition?

i had a pair of garnetts that I played in a few times and decided they were not comfortable enough so I got something else but I decided to keep them. Was going through closet at my parents place, found them and they were all yellowed and dry rot had set in. 

same happened to my converse d wade shoes that I did play a lot in so I guess that was to be expected. 

is keeping them in a box or plastic container enough?

Jackpot. There is some idiot out there that will hand over big $ to own those. You get 2 or more idiots and you can really rake it in.

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

How do shoe collectors keep the shoes in mint or decent condition?

i had a pair of garnetts that I played in a few times and decided they were not comfortable enough so I got something else but I decided to keep them. Was going through closet at my parents place, found them and they were all yellowed and dry rot had set in. 

same happened to my converse d wade shoes that I did play a lot in so I guess that was to be expected. 

is keeping them in a box or plastic container enough?

No idea.  He had them through college. They just hung out in his dorm room.  He's moved probably 5-6 times since college ... all in same city.... so ... I don't know. 

The nice thing with game worn shoes... vs say a poster of the first star wars, etc (I watch a lot of Pawn Stars), is they can't start pointing out imperfections,  etc.  Its been worn. 

And it doesn't matter if he had 6 minutes and 0 points.  Some average dude, if they had a great game ... his shoes would be worth diddly. 

Had Kobe not just died... in a tragic way ... they'd be worth one hell of a lot less. 

They will never be worth more than they are right now. 

Like I said ,  Lakers, NBA, some crazy rich fock of a fan... I would think would pay good money. 

Owners name is Scott. See if it shows up anywhere in the future.  He may just opt to stay anonymous. 

11 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

No idea.  He had them through college. They just hung out in his dorm room.  He's moved probably 5-6 times since college ... all in same city.... so ... I don't know. 

The nice thing with game worn shoes... vs say a poster of the first star wars, etc (I watch a lot of Pawn Stars), is they can't start pointing out imperfections,  etc.  Its been worn. 

And it doesn't matter if he had 6 minutes and 0 points.  Some average dude, if they had a great game ... his shoes would be worth diddly. 

Had Kobe not just died... in a tragic way ... they'd be worth one hell of a lot less. 

They will never be worth more than they are right now. 

Like I said ,  Lakers, NBA, some crazy rich fock of a fan... I would think would pay good money. 

What about game worn shoes when he had his first point?  Worth more than these? What about the game worn shoes when he had his first double double?  Worth more than these?  There could be a lot of firsts in my mind.

i hope he gets a ton, I’d temper my expectations tho.

I am saying this as someone who would never consider buying someone’s used shoes.  Lol.

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Is there a precedent to derive that from?

Nope, but if I had more cash than I knew what to do with that's probably the most I would pay for them.

13 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What about game worn shoes when he had his first point?  Worth more than these? What about the game worn shoes when he had his first double double?  Worth more than these?  There could be a lot of firsts in my mind.

i hope he gets a ton, I’d temper my expectations tho.

Nah. That's not the same.  It just isn't. 

I don't care if he gets a ton or not. He's not my friend. I know him.. but nothing more. 

There are lots of firsts of course...but none are like the first game, imo. 

On a side note... unrelated....something I've always kinda wondered....

I don't even know who has MLB HR record...

but which ball is more valuable ... 

HR 61 of Maris

or

HR 62 that broke Maris record

or

Or the current HR record ball? 

Sell the left and right separately and double your money.  :ninja:

priceless

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Nah. That's not the same.  It just isn't. 

I don't care if he gets a ton or not. He's not my friend. I know him.. but nothing more. 

There are lots of firsts of course...but none are like the first game, imo. 

On a side note... unrelated....something I've always kinda wondered....

I don't even know who has MLB HR record...

but which ball is more valuable ... 

HR 61 of Maris

or

HR 62 that broke Maris record

or

Or the current HR record ball? 

Some info https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2015/06/11/home-run-balls-brandon-moss-indians-bullpen

They don’t hang them on the telephone wire when a homey dies anymore? 

I framed a flag from the 2018 US Open. Signed by Tiger, Rickie, Spieth and Jason Day. 

some punk offered me $100 for the flag in the parking lot because Tiger only signed for 5 people. 

I politely told him to Fock off even though I’m not a tiger fan. 

wonder what that would go for. Most likely not enough for me to not just keep it on display

39 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I politely told him to Fock off even though I’m not a tiger fan.

you could have politely said 'no'.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

you could have politely said 'no'.

I did. 

a polite Fock off is a no from me but in a very dismissive “are you serious”? Tone

On 2/24/2020 at 11:36 AM, patweisers44 said:

Tree-fitty is the correct answer here.

fiddy, you idiot..fiddy :mad:

Also, Ski won this thread

On 2/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, Alias Detective said:

i hope he gets a ton, 

So do I. :thumbsup: