Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Universal health care

Will it work here? We need to do something but not sure this is it. I was in the military, medical sucked and no one wanted to go. Everyone knows the VA sucks. Has to be a solution between that and what we currently have. 

Wait I thought Obama fixed that. Why is it still focked?

• Like 1

Universal healthcare won't work here. Look at Canada. They have, what, 40 million people? And the wait times for routine medical procedures are abysmal. Try that with 350 million people. You'd be lucky to see a doctor once every 5 years. 

• Thanks 2

Universal? How about we start with Global health care? Screw the aliens. 

Am am I right people? :banana:

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Universal healthcare won't work here. Look at Canada. They have, what, 40 million people? And the wait times for routine medical procedures are abysmal. Try that with 350 million people. You'd be lucky to see a doctor once every 5 years. 

And it's even worse than that...since the government will be deciding on how much a doctors labor is worth it is most assuredly going to go down. Funny thing is people don't like suddenly making less money so now you're going to get fewer doctors and not as good of doctors. So now you have a system where more people can use it and you're going to have less doctors who are going to be making less. It's just not going to work.

Add to that with his many more people using the system you're going to have more mistakes because you now have worse doctors which means malpractice is going to drive a lot out.

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

And it's even worse than that...since the government will be deciding on how much a doctors labor is worth it is most assuredly going to go down. Funny thing is people don't like suddenly making less money so now you're going to get fewer doctors and not as good of doctors. So now you have a system where more people can use it and you're going to have less doctors who are going to be making less. It's just not going to work.

Add to that with his many more people using the system you're going to have more mistakes because you now have worse doctors which means malpractice is going to drive a lot out.

There is a trend towards "concierge healthcare."  That will be expanded if one of the Dems plans are enacted and will only create a larger divide between the haves and have nots.

Go back to the way it was and allow carriers to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions and we will be fine. You can’t buy home insurance after your home burns down or life insurance after one dies so why should a carrier have to insure you after you’re diagnosed with cancer? Health care/insurance is no different than a Ferrari - if you can afford it, buy it, if you can’t then you do without. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Doesn’t China have Universal HealthCare?

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Go back to the way it was and allow carriers to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions and we will be fine. You can’t buy home insurance after your home burns down or life insurance after one dies so why should a carrier have to insure you after you’re diagnosed with cancer? Health care/insurance is no different than a Ferrari - if you can afford it, buy it, if you can’t then you do without. 

Well...other than I wont literally die if I don't get a Ferrari 

44 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, it would be bad enough with the current number of physicians. Factor in the resulting decline in future medical professionals and things would get exponentially worse. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Dunno. This ain't Chiner though. 

Bernie isn’t offering universal healthcare. He’s offering single payer. If you like your healthcare under Bernies plan, you can’t keep it. It won’t exist. 

Watch 2057 on discovery...they spoof technology of the future...insurance companies rule it all...clothing sensors...everything...was kinda cool.  Guy wouldnt use his electronic toothbrush...was drinking the night before...it would raise his rates...

Had extra piss for the toilet...etc.  

Great look at the future....blood substitutes...printing tissues and organs....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, it would be bad enough with the current number of physicians. Factor in the resulting decline in future medical professionals and things would get exponentially worse. 

one other thing and it's something you are starting to see already is doctors are becoming more specialized because well...theres more money in it. It's getting harder and harder to find people who want to become family doctors. Well that's going to suddenly be overloaded and thus you're going to have more and more specializations. I mean if I was a doctor I would.

We also need to quit caring for those that show up at the ER without proof they can pay for treatment. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Wait I thought Obama fixed that. Why is it still focked?

Too many low IQ losers sucking off the govt teat and the democrats are catering to them. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bernie isn’t offering universal healthcare. He’s offering single payer. If you like your healthcare under Bernies plan, you can’t keep it. It won’t exist. 

Nothing Bernie is blabbering about is even remotely possible. Not sure if he knows it or not but nothing he proposes, if he were POTUS, would ever get passed. if he was POTUS, he would just be an old guy blabbering to himself for 4 years.

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Too many low IQ losers sucking off the govt teat and the democrats are catering to them. 

Nothing Bernie is blabbering about is even remotely possible. Not sure if he knows it or not but nothing he proposes, if he were POTUS, would ever get passed. if he was POTUS, he would just be an old guy blabbering to himself for 4 years.

Exactly. Trump will have to inform him of that at a debate. Bloomberg did the other night but nobody listens to him. 

The problem is basically a clogged pipe. 

We don't produce enough doctors and medical practitioners.  We need a new class of doctor that doesn't require 354213125455 years of training to certify and for the cost for this new training to be low.  Flood the marketplace with this new class of doctor to create competition in the free market to drive costs down. 

Also do a one-time only reset on patents for medicines and medical equipment.

There.  I solved health care.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

We don't have insurance and we pay out of pocket but it's subsidized greatly. The costs were happily low. My biggest expense while here has been that I had three babies delivered with roughly three to five day stays in the hospital and one kid had to spend a week in the hospital for scarlet fever. I don't think I paid more than $200-$300 each time. A dental cleaning is like $13.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

No, not in and meaningful sense.

Every time I've been in a Chinese hospital, it's been a put cash on the table or pound sand kind of thing. Now I obviously am a foreigner, so maybe that's different. But I have known chinese people who struggled with medical bills.

Now it is much cheaper here. I spent three days in the hospital, and had two hernia surgeries, and it cost me about $2200 us.

In the Philippines I had an mri. Cost me less than $100. Nice brand new American machine too.

Years ago, I was a big time supporter of universal health care. Now, I know it would just turn into a boondoggle corruption sh!t show.

Something has to be done. I think we will end up with two different systems. The private one, and a much lower quality public funded one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We don't have insurance and we pay out of pocket but it's subsidized greatly. The costs were happily low. My biggest expense while here has been that I had three babies delivered with roughly three to five day stays in the hospital and one kid had to spend a week in the hospital for scarlet fever. I don't think I paid more than $200-$300 each time. A dental cleaning is like $13.

Insurance does exist. I had it when I was in zhengzhou through my company.

Now I just have the bs government social "insurance" which is really just a mandatory health savings account. They take money from every check and put it into an account I had to open. When I leave China for good, I can withdraw that money. 

5 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Well...other than I wont literally die if I don't get a Ferrari 

Breaking news: group coverage through an employer hasn't excluded pre existing conditions since 1996 when HIPAA was passed.

Quote:

Specifically, HIPAA required that as long as someone had been continuously covered by health insurance for at least 12 months, without a break longer than 63 days, new insurance at a new job could not impose waiting periods for a worker or family member. HIPAA also required insurers who sold policies in the small-group market to sell to all small groups, regardless of health status, and to cover every eligible member of the group, also regardless of health status.

Get a job, don't die 

59 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Medical tourism is pretty big among those in the know.

Colombia, China, and Thailand apparently are some of the best places on terms of cost/quality.

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Something has to be done. I think we will end up with two different systems. The private one, and a much lower quality public funded one. 

That is the way it should be. Poor people do not deserve the same care the middle and upper class receive at the expense of the upper and middle class. 

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That is the way it should be. Poor people do not deserve the same care the middle and upper class receive at the expense of the upper and middle class. 

Tough call..poor peeps may not have a choice...especially kids...

Maybe have kids free...till 18

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Tough call..poor peeps may not have a choice...especially kids...

Maybe have kids free...till 18

It’s sucks, sure, but unfortunately some people are dealt crappy hands. I have zero sympathy for those that have children and cannot afford them. In cases like this the children should be confiscated and put with families that can afford them so they do not suffer. The offending adults that spawned without a means to pay for their offspring should then be neutered. 

I think we need to overhaul our dependence on drugs and promote healthiet lifestyles.  Food stamps cant be used for crap food.  Just the staples...meat...veggies...cereals..  no chips ice cream...pop/soda... instead...of letting them shop...they pick up a prepackaged box of food.  They control school lunches...why cant they have food distribution centers.  

We have the Fattest poor in the world....too much food stamps.

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I think we need to overhaul our dependence on drugs and promote healthiet lifestyles.  Food stamps cant be used for crap food.  Just the staples...meat...veggies...cereals..  no chips ice cream...pop/soda... instead...of letting them shop...they pick up a prepackaged box of food.  They control school lunches...why cant they have food distribution centers.  

We have the Fattest poor in the world....too much food stamps.

I would be on board for this and would go a step further. If you are on welfare or any kind of assistance you are not permitted to possess lottery tickets, alcohol, tobacco, or sugar. If caught with any of the above you are committing a felony that is subject to the death penalty. Hard working folks should not have to sit back and allow the government to steal their money and give it to the worthless ones at the bottoms of the food chain. 

• Thanks 1

Also - drug testing for welfare class. If a test is failed it is instant bullet to the face with no appeals process, so don’t go eating any Sesame Street buns that might trigger a false positive. 

We need to realize as a society that those at the bottom should not be nurtured. They need to be motivated to move up and the only way to do that is threaten them with extermination. With leap day coming up it is time to revisit my brilliant population/poor people control plan. 

Every Feb. 29 we should purge the bottom 1% of our population. It gets rid of our undesirables and would help control minority spawning. 4 years is plenty of time for someone to dig themselves out of the cellar, so if you end up getting purged it is safe to say you wanted to tap out anyways. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I would be on board for this and would go a step further. If you are on welfare or any kind of assistance you are not permitted to possess lottery tickets, alcohol, tobacco, or sugar. If caught with any of the above you are committing a felony that is subject to the death penalty. Hard working folks should not have to sit back and allow the government to steal their money and give it to the worthless ones at the bottoms of the food chain. 

👍👍

Beggars cant be choosers...simple rule.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

*laughs in veteran* 

You guys obviously haven’t been to the VA 😂

Elaborate?  My FiL has always had great care from VA and other than some travel unfortunately for some services he has had no issues.  

It is absolutely baffling to me that in the year 2020, there are still adults with a working brain that think the government can do anything better than the private sector. That anything the government touches doesn’t turn to complete crap. That every “project” run by the government isn’t a total money suck filled with corruption. These people should not be allowed to vote. The only explanation is their livelihood is dependent on the government. They are selfish and disingenuous.

It wouldn’t work here because the insurance lobby and Congress would gut any bill they could get passed and there would be a period of readjustment before salaries go up in response to the shift to single payer / govt sponsored HC. f it didn’t work here it would be because it’s incompatible with US culture. Every other developed nation manages to do it while spending less on HC than we do.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

It wouldn’t work here because the insurance lobby and Congress would gut any bill they could get passed and there would be a period of readjustment before salaries go up in response to the shift to single payer / govt sponsored HC. f it didn’t work here it would be because it’s incompatible with US culture. Every other developed nation manages to do it while spending less on HC than we do.

They ration lesser quality care with longer wait times. No thanks. 

35 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Elaborate?  My FiL has always had great care from VA and other than some travel unfortunately for some services he has had no issues.  

Can’t speak for him but for the millions of other veterans the VA is horrible. Doesn’t take a second to just google it and you’ll see. 

15 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

They ration lesser quality care with longer wait times. No thanks. 

They also don’t spend money on developing every single new procedure and medication that the medical world benefits from because of The US