Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

High Fidelity on Hulu

So I love the movie version with John Cusak. Heard there is a TV show version on Hulu. 

What a focking train wreck. The script is almost word for word identical. They replaced John cusak with Lenny Kravitz and Lisa bonnets kid. She doesn't act very well.

Then, to replace Jack black, they found quite possibly the most irritating woman on the planet earth.

Who is this supposed to please? If you like the original, this is a horrible version. If you don't, you won't like this either.

Whats the point?

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I thought the movie was kind of crappy.  I'm not sure I'd even consider watching a tv show.

They literally copied the script word for word and flipped the genders. I can recite much of it. And the pc casting run amok (straight character turns ghey, jack black replaced by the loudest most obnoxious black woman in history). I made it through half of an episode. It's crap. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Have they gone for a PC homerun and toss in any trannies? 

I dunno. They made John cusaks character not only a woman, but bisexual though. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They literally copied the script word for word and flipped the genders. I can recite much of it. And the pc casting run amok (straight character turns ghey, jack black replaced by the loudest most obnoxious black woman in history). I made it through half of an episode. It's crap. 

It's the way of Hollywood these days.  Thank your local Democrat on your way out.  😄

Typical Hollywood. If it’s not about superhero’s it’s a remake with woke in it. Hard pass. 

This mentality has literally infected almost every new show we've decided to watch in the past couple of years.   

We recently started Hunter on Amazon.  1970's, Jews, Nazis, Violence, Mystery.   Why can't they leave it at that?  Why does the black FBI agent have to be a woman and a lesbian?   And of course, the Hunters are a very diverse group as well.  

This is why I prefer shows like Fargo and Better Call Saul.  Maybe they'll have a gay character, maybe they won't.  If it's essential to the story, they'll tell it.  But they don't just throw in PC characters and plot lines for the hell of it.  It's stupid.   

26 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This mentality has literally infected almost every new show we've decided to watch in the past couple of years.   

We recently started Hunter on Amazon.  1970's, Jews, Nazis, Violence, Mystery.   Why can't they leave it at that?  Why does the black FBI agent have to be a woman and a lesbian?   And of course, the Hunters are a very diverse group as well.  

This is why I prefer shows like Fargo and Better Call Saul.  Maybe they'll have a gay character, maybe they won't.  If it's essential to the story, they'll tell it.  But they don't just throw in PC characters and plot lines for the hell of it.  It's stupid.   

It's books too. I read a lot of fantasy. Lots of ghey love stories cropping up these days. 

The book was fantastic. The movie was horrible.