Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Super Tuesday

Also saw that boomers were out voting, especially for Biden while the younger voters who want Bernie to win weren’t showing up to the polls 

It's kind of like Weekend at Bernie's but it's actually Joe's corpse being propped up.

Every democrat vice-president went on to later win the party's nomination since LBJ in 1964.  Only LBJ won.

1964: LBJ (JFK's veep) - beat barry Goldwater
1968: Hubert Humphrey (LBJ's veep) - lost to Richard Nixon
1984: Walter Mondale (Jimmy Carter's veep) - lost to Ronald Reagan
2000: Al Gore (Bill Clinton's veep) - lost to George W. Bush

If Joe Biden captures the nomination, he continues the streak.  Its surprising to see this because it is *very* processional which isn't what you'd associate with the democratic party.

For the republicans, Richard Nixon (Eisenhower's veep) Gerald Ford (Nixon's veep) and George H.W. Bush went on to capture the party's nomination.  2/3 won. 

Overall, since 1960, 10/32 nominees served as veep before getting the nomination.

Between 1960 and 2000 10 of 20 nominees had served as veep.  From 2004 to 2016, none had served as veep. Coupled with how modern nominees also don't serve in the military, voters value experience less and less when it comes to their presidents.  

Biden would be the first former veep to win a nomination since Al Gore in 2000.

1960 nixon
1964 lbj
1968 humphrey, nixon
1972 nixon
1976 ford
1980 - na -
1984 mondale
1988 bush41
1992 bush41
1996 - na -
2000 gore
2004 - na -
2008 - na -
2012 - na -
2016 - na -

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That will likely be true of both parties candidates. Again. 

If both parties candidates are unlikeable creeps, will you choose the one who will break immigration laws and give our tax money to illegals, or the one who wants to crack down on them?

27 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

If both parties candidates are unlikeable creeps, will you choose the one who will break immigration laws and give our tax money to illegals, or the one who wants to crack down on them?

Personally I won't waste my time with and absentee ballot. But yeah, if I have to pick a creepy corrupt guy with dementia, I'll take the one we have. 

it's over for Bernie. The press got the message and he's barely a mention. His peeps aren't showing at the polls. If I was a Bernie fan , I'd be sad and angry and I certainly wouldn't vote for Biden. 

Let the joyous news be spread, the fake indian's campaign is dead.

Elizabeth Warren drops out.

It's Biden vs Bernie vs Tusli now.

You gotta be pretty pathetic to not only lose in your home state, but come in THIRD. She had no chance I don’t even know why she tried 

11 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Well, Mrs. Beasley is dropping out. Get back in the kitchen and bake some cookies.

I thought she was Pocahontas?  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

You gotta be pretty pathetic to not only lose in your home state, but come in THIRD. She had no chance I don’t even know why she tried 

You gotta be pretty pathetic to be a democrat these days.

• Like 1

I hope this fad of women running for president runs it's toll soon. 

POTUS is a man's job. 

Treasury secretary.  Probably negotiating it right now. That’s how Hillary got to be Secretary of State. 

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You gotta be pretty pathetic to be a democrat these days.

True. But that makes coming in third in her home state even more pathetic 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Treasury secretary.  Probably negotiating it right now. That’s how Hillary got to be Secretary of State. 

Imagine her in charge of money?  :o

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Imagine her in charge of money?  :o

Gender reassignment surgeries for everyone!!!! 

She screwed Bernie. If she had dropped out before Super Tuesday, Bernie would have done much better. 

58 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

She’s a horrible, wretched human being. 

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought she was Pocahontas?  :dunno:

Not to me. The first time I laid eyes on her, I spit out my drink laughing. She's the spitting image...

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

The winner Joe Biden spent zero dollars in Massachusetts and had zero people on the ground.

31 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The winner Joe Biden spent zero dollars in Massachusetts and had zero people on the ground.

And he's in mid stages of Alzheimer's disease.

That, is the best the left has to offer up while Trump kicks ass on the leftist scumbags in this country.

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

How's that diversity thing working out ? 2 old white guys.

Lol

They aren't just old.  They are geriatric.  Trump looks like an old coot, but he is still younger than those 2.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How's that diversity thing working out ? 2 old white guys.

Lol

Not baby boomers though. Should make the millennials happy. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

She realize its only Democrats voting right? 

For all the virtue signaling and the constant calling of racism they end up with 2 old white people. Remember. Diversity is only for everyone else....not Democrats.  

I wonder if she also knows that the majority of democratic voters are women?. And to add to that, and I said it in 2016, black voters are not going to be enthusiastic about voting for a white woman. They weren’t then, and they aren’t now. She got 7 pct of the vote in SC, the first primary with a significant AA voting block. That means she got virtually no black votes. So she should take it up with blacks and other women. 

12 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

She realize its only Democrats voting right? 

For all the virtue signaling and the constant calling of racism they end up with 2 old white people. Remember. Diversity is only for everyone else....not Democrats.  

Racism and money. You all need to make sacrifices to support those in need, but I'll keep my millions and my 3 homes.

MSNBC,  where brillaint liberals and TDS suffering losers like wiff, honcho and newbie get their information.  

This is the stupidity normal Americans are up against. 

40 minutes ago, drobeski said:

MSNBC,  where brillaint liberals and TDS suffering losers like wiff, honcho and newbie get their information.  

This is the stupidity normal Americans are up against. 

Wait...so I’m not getting a million dollars?

Damn. Gotta go to work, fund my 401k and 529 plans for my kids.