Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

new NFL uniforms for Browns, Rams, Falcons and now Buccaneers

The Buccaneers are ditching the digital clock they adopted in 2014 (has it been that long already?) and joining 3 other teams in getting new uniforms.

https://tv5.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23394/buccaneers-hint-at-uniform-change-on-social-media

Also, I didn't know the Rams got around the "one helmet per season" rule by changing the decals on their helmet to swap between white or yellow horns.  

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers previously hinted they were getting new uniforms -- now it's official. The team announced Monday on social media that it will unveil a new design in April. It will be the Bucs' first uniform change since 2014.

In that year, they ventured away from the classic red and white tops with pewter pants that they wore for 17 years -- and were associated with their lone Super Bowl win -- in favor of what co-chairman Edward Glazer said at the time was a "sleek" and "modern design." The intent was to complement a more refined and less gaudy logo that was also unveiled that year. Some fans, however, complained that the new uniforms were too busy and the "alarm-clock numbers" were difficult to read. Not to mention, the Bucs had just one winning season in those uniforms, when they went 9-7 in 2016.

The NFL mandates that uniforms can only be changed every five years -- unless there's a change in ownership or location -- so the Bucs weren't previously eligible for a uniform change until 2019. The Bucs' previous uniform design, which was kept under tight wraps, took two years to design.

The Bucs haven't been able to wear their Creamsicle throwback uniforms since 2012. In 2013, at the recommendation of the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee and the Player Safety Advisory Panel, the league created a rule mandating that teams can only wear one helmet during the season, for safety purposes. Other NFL teams have found a workaround by changing helmet decals, but the Bucs' old helmet were white, while their current ones are pewter.

I’m the guy who likes the Browns uniforms. Ditch the team name on the pants and go back to a classic look from the 80s. No need to overthink it.

All the Rams need is a simple update to their blue and yellow units from the 90s. Ditch the gold and white horns. This should be easy.

Falcons uniforms have always been cancerAIDS so I have no idea what they should do other than just scrapping it.

Bucs SB era threads were fine. Go back to scarlet and crimson and ditch all the weird shiit.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Falcons uniforms have always been cancerAIDS so I have no idea what they should do other than just scrapping it.

Old school red helmets

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Old school red helmets

Those are probably the best. I hate the black for black sake (BFBS) trend of the 90s. They should go red and silver. I still think their unis have always sucked.

Im honestly surprised so many fans care so much about jerseys.   And I understand it is a black, woman, child thing for sure.  But real diehard 30 something white people actually get giddy about "were wearing the all whites sunday!" Or I like the whites and the blue pants" or "this helmet or these throwbacks".  I hear it each year and am weirded out.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im honestly surprised so many fans care so much about jerseys.   And I understand it is a black, woman, child thing for sure.  But real diehard 30 something white people actually get giddy about "were wearing the all whites sunday!" Or I like the whites and the blue pants" or "this helmet or these throwbacks".  I hear it each year and am weirded out.

I don’t care what they are as long as they are traditional and plain. I do not like the black, child, female pandering with uniforms that look like a 5 year old made them on Madden create a team. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I don’t care what they are as long as they are traditional and plain. I do not like the black, child, female pandering with uniforms that look like a 5 year old made them on Madden create a team. 

I agree here.  As a Packers fan Im glad they have kept it mostly traditional.  So I do care I suppose.

Dont look like a bunch of flamers.  Otherwise wear whites greens some old helmet I dont care week to week nor even know what they are in until gametime.

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

A lot of people are superstitious.  Sports fans probably moreso than others.  Wearing the wrong uniform can spell doom.  I think Broncos fans believe orange jerseys are cursed for them.

Jalen Ramsay may have leaked the new color scheme of the Rams uniforms in this commercial.  The bright shade of blue is very different from what they wore in 2019.

I like the Browns current uniforms.  

I don't like the font on the Bucs.  I also think the Bucs should go back to Doug Williams orange. 

6 hours ago, riversco said:

Rams revealed their new logo:

https://www.sbnation.com/2020/3/9/21171553/la-rams-new-logo-unofficial-awful

It sends of a "dollar store" vibe or gas station "buy 2 for $25!".  Also, the Rams horn looks like a lightning bolt and it also looks like it spells out LAC. 

36 minutes ago, DonS said:

Wow. That is terrible. "Time to Shine!" 

Someone actually got paid big money for that crap.  Oh, and then, somebody who makes a lot of money chose that.  :doh:

I'm in the wrong line of work... :(

https://uni-watch.com/2020/03/12/exclusive-uni-watch-has-first-look-at-bucs-new-uniforms/

1.  Uni-Watch claims to have seen the new Buccaneers uniforms, and that they are going back to their "super bowl" uniforms, except they are removing the orange accents in places like the pant stripes.  He had someone do visual mockups as well which are in the article.

2.  He also made a brief mention about the new Browns uniforms, saying they are basically undoing the revamp and going back to their classic look.

He calls all of this a "serious repudiation of the Nike aesthetic".

26 minutes ago, riversco said:

https://uni-watch.com/2020/03/12/exclusive-uni-watch-has-first-look-at-bucs-new-uniforms/

1.  Uni-Watch claims to have seen the new Buccaneers uniforms, and that they are going back to their "super bowl" uniforms, except they are removing the orange accents in places like the pant stripes.  He had someone do visual mockups as well which are in the article.

2.  He also made a brief mention about the new Browns uniforms, saying they are basically undoing the revamp and going back to their classic look.

He calls all of this a "serious repudiation of the Nike aesthetic".

I read this article a few days ago. I am not buying it. The Bucs’ teaser video prominently features orange. 

8 minutes ago, riversco said:

Rams formally unveiled the new logo today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-release-new-logo-see-how-twitter-graded-it-202000273.html

Some people have seen the new Rams uniforms and its a mixed bag of reactions.  Some say they are great, others say they are terrible.

turrible

On 3/22/2020 at 7:40 PM, riversco said:

1.  Uni-Watch claims to have seen the new Buccaneers uniforms, and that they are going back to their "super bowl" uniforms

On 3/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, BufordT said:

Pewter Power!

Browns are back to their classic uniforms, but they did bring the popular color rush brown pants/shirts along.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Browns are back to their classic uniforms, but they did bring the popular color rush brown pants/shirts along.

That video is a bit much. An “iconic” franchise? :unsure: 

Yawn.  If they played tomorrow with those I woudnt even notice that they changed them.

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Meh.

agree.

more easy to tolerate than the new logo

On 3/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, riversco said:

Rams formally unveiled the new logo today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-release-new-logo-see-how-twitter-graded-it-202000273.html

Some people have seen the new Rams uniforms and its a mixed bag of reactions.  Some say they are great, others say they are terrible.

When you see the helmet logo, it looks like a banana sitting on top of the moon.  

Someone called the new Rams helmet the "two bananas" helmet.  Once you see it, you can't unsee it.