Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Lebron James

Whatever.  So many "records" and stuff that are happening nowadays are a joke.  Can't be compared to previous eras.  I was talking to my boss yesterday and he's like "Westbrook is amazing.  Averaged a triple double for a season."  My response - "He never would have done that in the 80's.  Would never get to the rim the way he does now and can't shoot a three."  The rule changes have made good players look legendary.  Lebron isn't near the passer Magic was.  He would have been a good player in that era but nowhere near what he is now.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

LeFlop?

he had a great flop a couple days ago against grizzlies? dude barely touched his beard and he almost died.

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

he had a great flop a couple days ago against grizzlies? dude barely touched his beard and he almost died.

Saw that, disgraceful. 

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

:lol: How does anyone seriously watch the NBA. What a shlt-show.

Next up, world cup soccer.

Same problem with high school sports...all these scoring titles being broken...kids are starting as freshmen now...playing 4 years...vs 2 back when you barely sniffed the court/field as a sophomore.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Same problem with high school sports...all these scoring titles being broken...kids are starting as freshmen now...playing 4 years...vs 2 back when you barely sniffed the court/field as a sophomore.

...and having a three-point shot...

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Whatever.  So many "records" and stuff that are happening nowadays are a joke.  Can't be compared to previous eras.  I was talking to my boss yesterday and he's like "Westbrook is amazing.  Averaged a triple double for a season."  My response - "He never would have done that in the 80's.  Would never get to the rim the way he does now and can't shoot a three."  The rule changes have made good players look legendary.  Lebron isn't near the passer Magic was.  He would have been a good player in that era but nowhere near what he is now.

Oscar Robertson
In 1962, he became the first player in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Oscar Robertson
In 1962, he became the first player in NBA history to average a triple-double for a season.

Right.  And his was legit.  Westbrook's not so much.

41 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Not sure what high school you went to but if a freshman could help the varsity team they played then, the late 80-‘s - 90’s, and they play now.  

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Oscar Robertson

9 teams and the average height was what, 6'4?  A lot easier to rebound when you're 6'5 and the average if 6'4

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Not sure what high school you went to but if a freshman could help the varsity team they played then, the late 80-‘s - 90’s, and they play now.  

Um, not if you were white

17 hours ago, edjr said:

9 teams and the average height was what, 6'4?  A lot easier to rebound when you're 6'5 and the average if 6'4

You're a little off on your numbers:

https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/average-nba-height/

That said, if it was so focking easy how come only a couple of players have done it?  Even Magic never did it and he was 6'9".  The average player in Magic's era was 6'6"-6'7".

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

no bald receding hairline 👇

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I wish he would've tried to read a paragraph out loud for us lol

I am glad she didn't spoil the surprise ending. 

• Haha 1

I wish he would have been around when the Bad Boys played.  They woulda made him cry like a biotch.

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I am glad she didn't spoil the surprise ending. 

I don't think he's actually read anything in the book yet.  If you noticed, when he talks passionately about something, he stares you down in hopes you don't contest him.  Here, he's almost never looking at the camera.  I'll be curious to see what his response is when he gets to the part where Malcolm X says to not trust the white liberal.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, edjr said:

If a cop did that he would say he couldn’t breathe. 

56 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I wish he would've tried to read a paragraph out loud for us lol

That's so hard to watch, he clearly hasn't read a single word of the book. What a focking fraud.

LeBron is big on the SJW crap and doesn't care if it hurts the NBA since he has endorsements.  I just wonder if other players will start resenting him (more?) if the league suffers for those without endorsements as viewership dries up.

Once he went to L.A. it was apparent basketball wasn't his first priority anymore.  He wants to be an "Icon".  He wants to be in movies, be Hollywood, and be a SJW.  He wants to be Muhamed Ali, not Michael Jordan.  

Hard Pass.

Lebron is old. He won't be playing much longer but he's just bitter about his dad being a career criminal and his mom giving him away. Same as Obama. Hateful and jealous of loving homes of white people. Can't accept his parents were trash. 

He would have fit in nicely at Duke with those acting skills.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

He would have fit in nicely at Duke with those acting skills.

:nono:

:mad:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Daddy issues, again. 

What does Delonte West have to do with this?

• Haha 1

I know I'm not really big on the NBA anymore. I was a little bit surprised that LeBron was still in the league. He just doesn't seem to be the dominant force that Michael Jordan was. Maybe that's because there's more Talent out there now, I don't know.

Also, seeing as how there's basically no officiating in the NBA anymore, the records are a little bit silly.