Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Why do people even go to FBG?

Went over there for the first time in years. Looked into the Political Forums and pinned is a huge list of things that will get you suspended:

Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it sticks this time, possibly doing some other things.

Nothing has been decided yet. Joe has other things to do today. Before any official decision is made, I am going to set a new policy on a trial basis to see how it works out.

I'm not going to pin this thread initially because I think people often skip over the section for pinned threads. I'll pin it once it slides to page two.

Here are the rules:

1. If you want to discuss the moderation publicly, do it in the moderation thread. If you do it in a thread about infrastructure, you'll be banned for a week.

2. If you want to offer other posters tips on how they should or shouldn't be posting in this subforum, do it in the saving the PSF thread. If you do it in a thread about occupational licensing reform, you will be suspended for a week.

3. You may also use this thread to discuss moderation or good or bad posting habits.

4. You will be suspended for telling other posters "Don't" or anything similar. (PM them if you are sincerely trying to be helpful.)

5. You will be suspended for telling other posters that their posts are what's wrong with this forum.

6. You will be suspended for saying that somebody else started it.

7. You will be suspended for reminding others about these rules. (Again, send a PM if you are sincerely trying to help.)

8. You will also be suspended for doing all the normal suspension-worthy things like name-calling, etc.

9. You will definitely be suspended for saying, "Your post is exactly what the moderators here don't want," or any variant of that.

10. You will be suspended.

11. It will no doubt be very unfair.

12. Moderators are exempt from these rules (except no. 8).

What to do if you're suspended:

Take a week off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Start a journal. I understand that gardening can be quite pleasant.

It's not the end of the world if you're suspended. Think of it as us shutting down the forum for a week to see how things go, except that we're shutting it down one poster at a time on a rolling basis instead of doing everybody en masse all at once.

What not to do if you're suspended:

Don't make or use an alias account. Don't come back and complain about your suspension in threads not designated for that topic. Don't urge that a dozen other people should also be suspended because what they did was worse, or because they started it.

Some tips on etiquette:

Do not make a post containing a statement of fact that you know is disputed unless you accompany it with a supporting link. Sometimes it's not convenient to post a link right then -- in that case, consider just not posting the statement until it is more convenient to provide a link.

In turn, please do not request a link from another poster unless (1) you think his statement might be true, (2) you want to learn more about the subject, and (3) you've spent at least 30-60 seconds unsuccessfully Googling for a link on your own. If you know that the statement is false, rather than asking for a link to a falsehood, provide your own link to the truth instead.

Obviously, no links are needed to support statements of opinion.

Bad etiquette generally won't result in suspensions

Wow. Again why even go there?

That's from the onion, it has to be

1 minute ago, edjr said:

That's from the onion, it has to be

Nope. Took it directly from their site. 

Wow..

:lol::lol:

I lurked around over there after seeing that.  Noticed parrot and sho and some other dudes from here over there living it up..  Makes sense.

To spy on Sho before coming back here to gossip about him like old ladies?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I forgot my log in :(

I tried to change my password for my edjr_FFToday account and it banned my IP :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I tried to change my password for my edjr_FFToday account and it banned my IP :lol:

Official Badge of Honor

The same reason I poke fun at crippleds and retards. It's amusing. 

25 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The same reason I poke fun at crippleds and retards. It's amusing. 

You must love it here, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

You must love it here, lol

:lol:

Just now, supermike80 said:

Im still banned   🙂

When did you get banned?  Was it permanent?  What did you do?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I have at least 3 accounts banned over there. focking wimps

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Suspended a month.

on the non political board. When Shannon Doherty came out and said her stage 4 breast cancer came back.  Someone created a thread about it.

i said she was on my dead pool. 

Boom..Joe knocked me out for a month for it.   

I will say this.

From spending time on both boards.

People are much meaner here.....for sure..Probably because of the ban hammer that's wielded over there.  We also have thicker skin too.  So it works out.

They aren't as smart over there.  Especially the super political posters.  Not all of them in my opinion, but a lot of them.  That Tim guy will absolutely bore you to death with his attempts at political intelligence and then go on to flub every single political prediction he makes.  It's almost worth it to bet against whatever he believes will happen.  And that guy lives for politics.    They live and die by polling and many are, and have been,  making ridiculous predictions about the democratic election.  

Most are hypocritical to a fault.   There is a strong amount of that here, but it's over the top there.  

It is funny however when people say liberals are more emotional and conservatives are more logical.  That plays out on these boards quite a bit. They are SOOOO emotional over there , thus my month ban for the dead pool comment , and the reason the "report" button gets utterly smashed over there so much that Joe has threatened to kill the board(Which he does daily to keep the minions in line)

The Trump great place thread on the political board however is pretty fun.   You all should check that one out.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Suspended a month.

on the non political board. When Shannon Doherty came out and said her stage 4 breast cancer came back.  Someone created a thread about it.

i said she was on my dead pool. 

Boom..Joe knocked me out for a month for it.   

Only a month?  I think my ID at that time was nailed like Jesus was...

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

People are much meaner here.....for sure..Probably because of the ban hammer that's wielded over there. 

They are just being excellent to each other...

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Went over there for the first time in years. Looked into the Political Forums and pinned is a huge list of things that will get you suspended:

Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it sticks this time, possibly doing some other things.

Nothing has been decided yet. Joe has other things to do today. Before any official decision is made, I am going to set a new policy on a trial basis to see how it works out.

I'm not going to pin this thread initially because I think people often skip over the section for pinned threads. I'll pin it once it slides to page two.

Here are the rules:

1. If you want to discuss the moderation publicly, do it in the moderation thread. If you do it in a thread about infrastructure, you'll be banned for a week.

2. If you want to offer other posters tips on how they should or shouldn't be posting in this subforum, do it in the saving the PSF thread. If you do it in a thread about occupational licensing reform, you will be suspended for a week.

3. You may also use this thread to discuss moderation or good or bad posting habits.

4. You will be suspended for telling other posters "Don't" or anything similar. (PM them if you are sincerely trying to be helpful.)

5. You will be suspended for telling other posters that their posts are what's wrong with this forum.

6. You will be suspended for saying that somebody else started it.

7. You will be suspended for reminding others about these rules. (Again, send a PM if you are sincerely trying to help.)

8. You will also be suspended for doing all the normal suspension-worthy things like name-calling, etc.

9. You will definitely be suspended for saying, "Your post is exactly what the moderators here don't want," or any variant of that.

10. You will be suspended.

11. It will no doubt be very unfair.

12. Moderators are exempt from these rules (except no. 8).

What to do if you're suspended:

Take a week off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Start a journal. I understand that gardening can be quite pleasant.

It's not the end of the world if you're suspended. Think of it as us shutting down the forum for a week to see how things go, except that we're shutting it down one poster at a time on a rolling basis instead of doing everybody en masse all at once.

What not to do if you're suspended:

Don't make or use an alias account. Don't come back and complain about your suspension in threads not designated for that topic. Don't urge that a dozen other people should also be suspended because what they did was worse, or because they started it.

Some tips on etiquette:

Do not make a post containing a statement of fact that you know is disputed unless you accompany it with a supporting link. Sometimes it's not convenient to post a link right then -- in that case, consider just not posting the statement until it is more convenient to provide a link.

In turn, please do not request a link from another poster unless (1) you think his statement might be true, (2) you want to learn more about the subject, and (3) you've spent at least 30-60 seconds unsuccessfully Googling for a link on your own. If you know that the statement is false, rather than asking for a link to a falsehood, provide your own link to the truth instead.

Obviously, no links are needed to support statements of opinion.

Bad etiquette generally won't result in suspensions

Wow. Again why even go there?

I posted this exact same thing a few weeks back in a different thread after I wandered over there cause someone said the Mods has changed the coding to where if you mentioned trump it would change it to this sentence saying how horrible he is. That was the last time I went over there 

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I will say this.

From spending time on both boards.

People are much meaner here.....for sure..Probably because of the ban hammer that's wielded over there.  We also have thicker skin too.  So it works out.

They aren't as smart over there.  Especially the super political posters.  Not all of them in my opinion, but a lot of them.  That Tim guy will absolutely bore you to death with his attempts at political intelligence and then go on to flub every single political prediction he makes.  It's almost worth it to bet against whatever he believes will happen.  And that guy lives for politics.    They live and die by polling and many are, and have been,  making ridiculous predictions about the democratic election.  

Most are hypocritical to a fault.   There is a strong amount of that here, but it's over the top there.  

It is funny however when people say liberals are more emotional and conservatives are more logical.  That plays out on these boards quite a bit. They are SOOOO emotional over there , thus my month ban for the dead pool comment , and the reason the "report" button gets utterly smashed over there so much that Joe has threatened to kill the board(Which he does daily to keep the minions in line)

The Trump great place thread on the political board however is pretty fun.   You all should check that one out.

Fair assessment. I moved there after Latin Pimp. Trump winning the election created a meltdown and sprouted the PSF (Political Sub Forum). Posters I used to enjoy interacting with became angry and snarky. I have next to zero desire to spend time there. 

• Like 1

I avoid the political forum but they have some decent threads on music, movies and TV shows... More people so more discussions

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kutulu said:

I avoid the political forum but they have some decent threads on music, movies and TV shows... More people so more discussions

I checked out the place and the only benefit is more people, but they are mostly libs.  They have bad takes on 90% of everything, not just politics. It's all so touchy feely. Obviously the people here, even the trolls, have a rougher skin. Since I really don't have the time for another board, this is the place for me.

I weed out everything.  There are some good threads I go into.

But what everyone has posted so far about it, they are dead on.  90% liberal board, they are very, very sensitive (odd for being men on a sports board), and will ban you at the drop of a hat. They also have posters whose feeling get hurt so bad that they actually report other posters.  How sad is that? How thin skinned can you be to do that?  

But, there is some good stuff there too.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That site has really got some of you worked up.

I think some around here mix up people laughing at pathetic democrats with being "worked up" by them.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I think some around here mix up people laughing at pathetic democrats with being "worked up" by them.

This.

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Little troll comes here and then reports back I'll bet, like he's James Bond.  :lol:   

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Little troll comes here and then reports back I'll bet, like he's James Bond.  :lol:   

Keep and eye out for someone with the user name, 'Pvssy Galore'.

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Keep and eye out for someone with the user name, 'Pvssy Galore'.

I give him credit..His name is the same there as here.  Just like me.

I got nuttin to hide.  I yam what I yam

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

And how long would you last there if you just went there to troll 10 posts a week.  His continued existence here only proves our greatness.  :thumbsup:

I am mostly fine with the site, but they need to be more consistent and clear about their criteria for suspensions.  

It's like watching a poorly reffed game.

19 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Is there really a Pvssy Galore there?

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'm sure you guys would know, because that's exactly what happens here.  I made a comment once on FBG about this site and you guys got hurt feelings.  You keep saying I'm a troll but all I do is point out the truth.  It's all right here for you to see.

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Exactly.  I've never felt the need to use an alias.  If there is something I wanted to post that I didn't want people knowing it was from me then I don't think it needs to be posted.  I say what's on my mind and I give my opinions.  If people don't like them, oh well, I don't agree with a lot of their opinions either.

It's obvious that FBG is a sensitive subject here though.  They get brought up almost daily and people get defensive about it.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm sure you guys would know, because that's exactly what happens here.  I made a comment once on FBG about this site and you guys got hurt feelings.  You keep saying I'm a troll but all I do is point out the truth.  It's all right here for you to see.

Link?  This doesn't seem plausible.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Link?  This doesn't seem plausible.

It was months ago and I don't know what thread it was in.  I know I'm just going to be told that there weren't any hurt feelings and it will be turned around in some way where you guys say I that I'm wrong.  That's how it works here.