WhiteWonder

2020 Supplemental Draft Roll

Last year we used http://www.draftpicklottery.com/ to do a weighted (by balls) draft. Posty did this outside the league members and video recorded it to YouTube.  Worked pretty well if he or someone again not in the league wouldn't mind again.

After the 26 round regular draft is completed, any players left in the Yahoo pool are eligible for the Supplemental Draft. Note to the new players - this includes all players not on your team, regardless of eligibility, so be sure to protect anyone you want with an official draft pick. As with seasons past, this will be a two-round, serpentine draft. Draft order will be based on a draft lottery, with pick 1.01 receiving one ball and pick 1.14 receiving fourteen.

The weighted entry will be:

Lambert - 14 balls

Jim Mora - 13 balls

gratefulted - 12 balls

ZeroTolerance - 11 balls

cmh6476 - 10 balls

Mookz - 9 balls

dcb291 - 8 balls

burt - 7 balls

posty - 6 balls

WhiteWonder - 5 balls

29 Guests - 4 balls

Guardbum - 3 balls

Blackclouds - 2 balls

bbascom - 1 ball

since Posty is in the league this year... I might ask edjr to do me a solid since I trust him with this kind of stuff. Unless anyone else has a suggestion for someone with no bias and not in the league.

Yeah unfortunately being in the league I would not feel right if I did the roll and got a great outcome for me, even with it being on the “up and up”...

If edjr can’t do it, I would guess that torn might help out in this instance...

edjr?  He's no longer a heel here?  Damn, I've been gone a long time! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt said:

edjr?  He's no longer a heel here?  Damn, I've been gone a long time! lol

Yeah

Uh no

I would trust posty

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

Yeah unfortunately being in the league I would not feel right if I did the roll and got a great outcome for me, even with it being on the “up and up”...

If edjr can’t do it, I would guess that torn might help out in this instance...

torn might be a better option. edjr might have axes to grind with some in this league. I do actually trust him to be on the up and up but someone with no real FFToday board history might be best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

torn might be a better option. edjr might have axes to grind with some in this league. I do actually trust him to be on the up and up but someone with no real FFToday board history might be best

I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it...  It only takes minutes and a little longer if you decide to record it for suspense...

we can probably get this squared away and the draft order set tomorrow... give us all a week to prep and maybe explore trades and then kick off the supp drafting on  3/16

I'm fine with that

I think we are going the torn direction

10 hours ago, Mookz said:

Who's this Torn guy?  🤔

@Torn is the commissioner of the Dugout league that has a board here...  I was the commissioner of that league from 2002 to 2016 until I stopped playing fantasy sports...  He took over as commissioner and is a solid guy...  He has been in that league since the beginning...

He only comes here during baseball season and I think only posts only in that sub-forum...

• Like 1

Hi guys - happy to help out if desired. 

As posty noted, I'm the Commish for the Dugout League which has a board on this site as well. Posty was the Commish for many years, but handed the reins to me a few years back. Wonder and Ted are also managers in that league. 

If you want me to run the lottery for you, let me know. I can do it tonight after work (I'm in Eastern time zone).  I'll screen shot and post the results.

• Thanks 4

Have at it.  Just know I'm really suppose to get 15 extra balls owed to me from last season.  There's a thread on it somewhere a few pages back.  I just dont have time to find it right now.  But you can trust me!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Torn said:

Hi guys - happy to help out if desired. 

As posty noted, I'm the Commish for the Dugout League which has a board on this site as well. Posty was the Commish for many years, but handed the reins to me a few years back. Wonder and Ted are also managers in that league. 

If you want me to run the lottery for you, let me know. I can do it tonight after work (I'm in Eastern time zone).  I'll screen shot and post the results.

Thanks man!!!

OK - what have I gotten myself into? 

I need to add balls for Burt. Sounds like he definitely likes balls, lots of balls. 😮

And, some ball fondling for Black Clouds - I'm proud to have been entrusted with such a sacred duty. 🙄

p.s. I have to ask. I know a bbascom (he works with me) and is from the Boston area like me. It's a unique enough last name with the same first initial living in the same general area. Curious if he's the same guy. First name Brad?

• Haha 1

Just now, Torn said:

I need to add balls for Burt. Sounds like he definitely likes balls, lots of balls. 😮

And, some ball fondling for Black Clouds - I'm proud to have been entrusted with such a sacred duty. 🙄

:lol:

Not many people get asked to fondle BC's balls...  You should definitely feel honored as that doesn't happen often...

22 minutes ago, Torn said:

p.s. I have to ask. I know a bbascom (he works with me) and is from the Boston area like me. It's a unique enough last name with the same first initial living in the same general area. Curious if he's the same guy. First name Brad?

Where are you at Torn? I have no idea who you are at this point but am certainly curious now. Lol. Thanks for taking care of this for us. 

Live in Chelmsford, MA - work in Bedford, MA - first name Joe.

ABORT ABORT ABORT..       Two people can't know each other on these forums.  I believe it is a rule.  It is the only way everybody on here can be 6'6" and a 7 degree black belt in karate...   no one is supposed to know we all look like Larry David or George Costanza on a bad day...

• Haha 1

Dont forgot a 9" c0ck!  Wait, sorry....wrong message board!  Forget what I said.

So, after a couple of PMs, bbascom is not the same guy I work with. I shall not be adding extra balls to the ball orgy on his behalf.   LOL

I can't wait to get this done later. Way too much balls talk for me in one day. 

8 minutes ago, Torn said:

So, after a couple of PMs, bbascom is not the same guy I work with. I shall not be adding extra balls to the ball orgy on his behalf.   LOL

I can't wait to get this done later. Way too much balls talk for me in one day. 

:lol:

We can bring the balls talk to the Dugout section if you wish, you know, if you ever get bored...

1 hour ago, lambert58 said:

ABORT ABORT ABORT..       Two people can't know each other on these forums.  I believe it is a rule.  It is the only way everybody on here can be 6'6" and a 7 degree black belt in karate...   no one is supposed to know we all look like Larry David or George Costanza on a bad day...

Dammit - so that's NOT Burt's real ass in his profile pic? 

2 minutes ago, Torn said:

Dammit - so that's NOT Burt's real ass in his profile pic? 

Yeah, but its hairy 'neath those yoga pants.

• Haha 2

I needed this laugh after finding out I got a summons and being sued😳😦😨

Damn, that sucks!  Not to get to personal, but someone you know very well?

1 hour ago, 29 Guests said:

I needed this laugh after finding out I got a summons and being sued😳😦😨

That sucks...

Is former Blue Jays pitcher Mike Bolsinger suing you too?

• Haha 1

so when are we looking at doing the supp order? Will it be YouTubed? :P

Sorry guys - no YouTube for me. I did a screen capture, but couldn't figure out how to get it to display here. Feel free to PM me if you want to see it and I can email it to you.

Here's how things shook out:

1. Mookz (9 balls)

2. cmh6476 (10 balls)

3. Lambert (14 balls)

4. gratefulted (12 balls)

5. 29 Guests (4 balls)

6. posty (6 balls)

7. burt (7 balls)

8. ZeroTolerance (11 balls)

9. Guardbum (3 balls)

10. dcb291 (8 balls)

11. WhiteWonder (5 balls)

12. Jim Mora (13 balls) - OUCH - sorry. man

13. Blackclouds (2 balls)

14. bbascom (1 ball)

Good luck, all - have a great season!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Torn said:

12. Jim Mora (13 balls) - OUCH - sorry. man

😅 Sounds about right.

• Haha 1

Thanks a lot @Torn...  You can email the screen shot to me if you want and I can post it...

ok what kinda name is torn? lol