Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

March Madness Cancelled?

What is a fair price for China to pay for ruining the month of March?

I suggest sending a bill for $1 Qaudrillion and if they don't pay it, we kill them all. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What is a fair price for China to pay for ruining the month of March?

I suggest sending a bill for $1 Qaudrillion and if they don't pay it, we kill them all. 

Let our debt with their country be null and void...

The jokes cant be far off......

Something like "Detroit cancelled all sports until May...No one noticed"

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

March madness is officially over.

Truly, that is unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Both men and women are done. 

Damnit!  I was really looking forward to the women's tourney this year.  Super competitive with a record number of dunks.

This was a very sad sad ending for Iowa, winter sports.  The men's and women's basketball teams along with wrestling were some of their best ever.  They had an opportunity to go deep in both basketball tourneys and most likely would have won the wrestling championship.  It all comes to an abrupt end.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, posty said:

Common sense...  There is WAY too much money involved to cancel it...  They might play in empty arenas, but canceling will not happen...

Nice call. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice call, jackass. 

Does CBS get a refund for what they paid to broadcast it?  That's a crap ton of money for nothing.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This was a very sad sad ending for Iowa, winter sports.  The men's and women's basketball teams along with wrestling were some of their best ever.  They had an opportunity to go deep in both basketball tourneys and most likely would have won the wrestling championship.  It all comes to an abrupt end.

Omg, homer alert. Mn men would have beat them today on their way to B1G championship and tourney birth.  

Just now, DuckStupid said:

Omg, homer alert. Mn men would have beat them today on their way to B1G championship and tourney birth.  

MN beating Iowa today would have had no bearing on their performance in the NCAA tourney.  Iowa has a team that can play well enough to go a couple rounds into the tourney.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Does CBS get a refund for what they paid to broadcast it?  That's a crap ton of money for nothing.

I would assume they do. CBS didn’t cancel. Probably some kind of insurance on it.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I would assume they do. CBS didn’t cancel. Probably some kind of insurance on it.  

I would assume that too.  I know Vegas is going to be losing a ton of money also.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

MN beating Iowa today would have had no bearing on their performance in the NCAA tourney.  Iowa has a team that can play well enough to go a couple rounds into the tourney.

Nope. One and done. Way over-rated. The f’n gophers had them dead to the ropes and then totally fukced that up. 

Imagine how funny it would be if there was a breakthrough tomorrow: “March madness is back!  Except for the women’s, no one is tuning in for a 56-48 barn burner, they’re still cancelled”

• Haha 1

So is ku the 2020 National champion?

Next year in remembrance of this when we do the hat tourney we should send each other toilet paper or hand sanitizer.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Duke whooped KU.  Until KU reciprocates Duke is the national Champion.  Or Stephen F. Austin. 

48 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

No

Man still amazing that this was canceled...  I thought for sure the mighty dollar would win out...  Oh well...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

They're golfing right now.

I can see this continuing.  You can keep some space.   As long as no fans.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I can see this continuing.  You can keep some space.   As long as no fans.

Fans today, much fewer than normal but after today, no more fans.

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Fans today, much fewer than normal but after today, no more fans.

Thst was announced?

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Thst was announced?

When I was watching an hour or so ago the announcers mentioned it.  Unless I misheard but I'm 99% certain that after today there will be no more crowds at this event and I think they said the next three events up to the Masters.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

When I was watching an hour or so ago the announcers mentioned it.  Unless I misheard but I'm 99% certain that after today there will be no more crowds at this event and I think they said the next three events up to the Masters.

Makes sense

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Duke whooped KU.  Until KU reciprocates Duke is the national Champion.  Or Stephen F. Austin. 

SC wimmen's coach was saying they feel they should be crowned national champs.  KU is undisputed #1 right now so they have the same argument.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That’s the way you do it. 

This goes for all the sports. The people I feel worst for our those that work in the stands and the snack booths etc that ely on those paychecks to augment their income.

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

This goes for all the sports. The people I feel worst for our those that work in the stands and the snack booths etc that ely on those paychecks to augment their income.

Good post Wiffle.  Great story that just came out is Kevin Love just donated 100k to the hourly workers at the arena he plays at for Cleveland.  👍

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/03/13/kevin-love-gives-k-cavs-arena-staff-wake-nba-season-suspension-cavs-will-compensate-hourly-staff-event-team-members/

• Thanks 1

If I were the head of whoever makes the college basketball video game, I would organize an NCAA esports tournament. Actual field. Have a selection show and everything. Then have a field of 64 geeks with a team each go at it.

People are bout to be very bored stuck at home. It would get more eyes than usual. 

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If I were the head of whoever makes the college basketball video game, I would organize an NCAA esports tournament. Actual field. Have a selection show and everything. Then have a field of 64 geeks with a team each go at it.

People are bout to be very bored stuck at home. It would get more eyes than usual. 

They haven't made one of these in over a decade. 

12 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Pistons ownership announced they will pay their hourlys

20 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

NO,but they can now add CORONA U to the list of Bradley,Bucknell,VCU,N. Iowa,Wichita State....