supermike80

Are you changing your life in response to the beer virus?

I'm washing my hands more frequently and for the approved 20 seconds. 

Moved some cash from our online bank to actual cash.  Just in case.  

Still eating out.  Hitting my cigar bar(but wont drink corona..I mean obviously)

Evaluated tp supplies cause I guess thsts a thing.  

Bout it so far 

Purchased 2 months of non patishable food

40 rolls tp

Took out 9k in cash

Wash my hands often

Hand sanitizer on my car and in pocket when I leave home

I did, but really my hand was forced.  There has been a run (everywhere) on non perishable foods, toilet paper, etc.  I wasn’t going to buy a lot of them, just my normal supply.

However, I may not be able to get my normal supplies and groceries going forward, since everyone is going insane.  So I had to stock up now.

Yes. March has been ruined. The orientals in our country should be forced to leave or pay reparations for the remainder of their stay. NO new ones let in ever again. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Yes. March has been ruined. The orientals in our country should be forced to leave or pay reparations for the remainder of their stay. NO new ones let in ever again. 

What if they're hot filipinas with nice boobs and responsive nibbles who are open to dating me?  :(

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Fock them all. I will never forgive these yellow demons for what they have done to the NCAA tournament. I am dedicating the rest of life to stopping immigration of all sorts. It’s taking everything I have right now not to go smash the windows of Chinese businesses. Trying my best to think of legal ways to intimidate them and possibly driving them back to their third world wasteland. 

Okay, I'm going to trust your judgment on this one.  :(

- Did some food prepping about a month ago.  We've been wanting to do that anyway.  Also have plenty of TP, napkins, and paper towels.

- Wash my hands when I get home.  That's probably a good idea in general, I may stick with that one.

- Have tix to DBacks opening day, that is canceled, need to see how we get our money back.  Also have tix to Blues Traveler at the Chandler Ostrich Festival this weekend (yes, that is a thing!).  As per their website it is still on.  We'll see.

- Still eating out.  Had sushi for dinner Monday and lunch today, having a breakfast meeting tomorrow, may go out with the wife for dinner tomorrow.  

- I see that several people have stockpiled cash; is the thinking that the entire banking industry will collapse?  More realistically, I can see preppers going apeshit on cash like they are on TP, so it may be that ATMs can't keep up with the demands.  I'll think on this but I don't see it as a concern.  If I'm missing something please let me know.  :cheers:

Yeah.  

Lots of hand washing and wiping stuff down.  

Went to the bank and got $10k in cash this morning.  Stashed it in the safe.  Not sure why exactly, but it seemed like the thing to do.  

Went to the grocery store last night and got some stuff.  Not sure it’s stocked like it should be, but the cabinets, fridge and freezer are all full of food.  

Actually considering taking a drive down to TN with the family for Spring Break.  Rent a cabin in the woods, go hiking with the dog, do some fishing.   Try to avoid people as much as possible.   

Quit eating out 2 weeks ago, now the schools are cancelled and i am working from home. It is quite a bit different than normal.

We will go to the beach this weekend, I foresee lots of trips to the beach upcoming.

I only pulled out 600 dollars in cash and even that seems kind of excessive.

Haven't changed a thing. Prolly wouldn't do any good anyway. My job takes me to the places that sell all the things people are stocking up on. If I get it, I get it. Then I'll get over it.  :dunno:

All you guys pulling out cash, you do realize that that cash has changed hands several times in the past few weeks, right?

Are you soaking it in bleach or spraying it with Lysol?  :unsure:

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

All you guys pulling out cash, you do realize that that cash has changed hands several times in the past few weeks, right?

I have a guy in one of my rental houses that sells drugs. I give him a discount if he pays me in cash, so I always have a large pile, most of which came in several months ago. Going forward until further notice I’m taking his payments straight to the bank. 

Well, I lost about a million dollars, don’t get to watch basketball*, and had to read/send a million emails today. 

*I turned on the sports package today about 60 seconds before I found out the SEC tournament was canceled. :mad:

• Haha 1

The only thing I did was to sell all my stock last week.

I'm already a prepper so I have everything I need. I do not expect this to interrupt electricity, water and gas so I'm living well. As soon as work authorizes extended telework I'll be really happy.

16 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't get the cash thing? The working portion of our pupulation is going to be just fine....

It costs absolutely nothing to have cash on hand. It gets nothing on my savings account. If hit the fan credit lending could be suspended temporarily and cash is king.

There is basically no risk in taking out some cash

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

It costs absolutely nothing to have cash on hand. It gets nothing on my savings account. If hit the fan credit lending could be suspended temporarily and cash is king.

There is basically no risk in taking out some cash

Exactly why we did it.  Figured why not.  I had wanted to do it for a while and this just gave me a reason.  When things stabilize I'll put it back

30 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Hmm.  Still in the envelope the teller gave me.  Maybe I’ll run it thru the dishwasher on the pot scrubber cycle.  

I'm a germophobe/neat freak by nature.........................so no.

Ok preppers.  

What’s some good stuff to order from Amazon prime while I’m sitting here with no sports to watch?  

Forget about disinfectant wipes.    Most of them are unavailable.  

Maybe buy more bullets? This kind of stuff brings out the crazy end of the world people 

I’m a cleanliness OCD person so nothing much has changed there.  Wife did stock up on Tylenol / Ibuprofen and we filled the cupboards with normal stuff we consume anyway just in case and my work has banned flight travel so that affects me.  

I doubt I take the kids to the movies or any bounce houses (aka germ pits).  

Other than that, not really.

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Ok preppers.  

What’s some good stuff to order from Amazon prime while I’m sitting here with no sports to watch?  

Forget about disinfectant wipes.    Most of them are unavailable.  

Wise food for preppers

Just placed a $300 Amazon order so I could feel a little like a prepper.  

peanut butter, crackers, beef jerky, salami, pepperoni, tuna, rice, beans, dog food, pancake mix, Tylenol, hand soap and dog food  

I’m sorta looking forward to packing it all up in the truck and heading to the mountains of TN for a week.  

Maybe I’ll even buy a gun to really get that whole post apocalyptic vibe going along the way.  I hope I don’t end up shooting innocent people for staring at my wife’s arse or my jerky stash.  

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Quit eating out 2 weeks ago, now the schools are cancelled and i am working from home. It is quite a bit different than normal.

We will go to the beach this weekend, I foresee lots of trips to the beach upcoming.

I only pulled out 600 dollars in cash and even that seems kind of excessive.

no wonder your wife has been calling me more

The taking cash thought out is interesting. I don't exactly put trust in a bank being FDIC insured.

But I don't have anything to hold cash in securely. Also I lean toward thinking NOT doing that is more helpful in the collective sense. Hmm.

9 hours ago, MDC said:

Started crumpling and stand up wiping. :( 

Finally, like a civilized man. Need the crags in the paper to get the most traction on the wipe and have to be standing to have the necessary range of motion to operate. How you guys who just lift a cheek and swipe once with 2 squares folded over think you are clean is beyond me. 

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Maybe buy more bullets? This kind of stuff brings out the crazy end of the world people 

If people need multiple boxes of bullets for multiple gun fights, shlt has hit the fan

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If people need multiple boxes of bullets for multiple gun fights, shlt has hit the fan

There’s always a good excuse to buy more ammo 

Michigan schools are now closed til April 6.  Spring Break was supposed to start April 6, so that is tentatively cancelled.  My guess is they will change course and tack that extra week on when the time comes.  

So, my kids go in today to get their iPads and chrome books, etc.  while the school scrambles to put together some lessons online and via email.  

I don’t usually draw large crowds at work, but I need to make a decision about staying open or not. 

My wife is going to talk to her employer about working remotely today when she goes in.  

Headed to Wal Mart this morning for one last stock up run.  

Am I the only one that’s not that concerned about this whole thing and not changing my plans at all? Cause I’m literally going to Asheville next weekend. This weekend we are going downtown for sushi and drinks as well as a St Patrick’s thing Saturday. Been going in crowds. Been going out to eat. Been going to the gym. Not changing anything. Not pulling out cash. Not stocking up :dunno:

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Am I the only one that’s not that concerned about this whole thing and not changing my plans at all? Cause I’m literally going to Asheville next weekend. This weekend we are going downtown for sushi and drinks as well as a St Patrick’s thing Saturday. Been going in crowds. Been going out to eat. Been going to the gym. Not changing anything. Not pulling out cash. Not stocking up :dunno:

My gym was emptier than I’ve ever seen it in a weeknight at 7:30/8 last night, maybe 20 people total. I kept wiping down every machine before use, then forgetting and touching the pin. :doh: I must have Purell’d my hands 25 times.