supermike80

Are you changing your life in response to the beer virus?

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

My gym was emptier than I’ve ever seen it in a weeknight at 7:30/8 last night, maybe 20 people total. I kept wiping down every machine before use, then forgetting and touching the pin. :doh: I must have Purell’d my hands 25 times. 

Purell after about 4-5 times gets a film on your hands that germs and stuff can actually stick to. Need to wash your hands after a few uses if you really wanna be safe 

Chinese restaurant in my small town is ran by a couple of dirty chinese that also live in the town.  I drove by their home this morning and noticed their yard was filled with litter and multiple FOR SALE signs. :thumbsup:

Glad I'm not the only one that wants to cleanse our country of this disease carrying filth. 

16 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Purell after about 4-5 times gets a film on your hands that germs and stuff can actually stick to. Need to wash your hands after a few uses if you really wanna be safe 

That’s good to know thanks. I am in the habit of washing my hands before and after anyway already.

I’m wondering when they close the gyms. The County where I work just shut down schools, gyms and “entertainment centers.” I may make a trip to Modell’s to pick up some home stuff as a contingency.

I just want everything back to normal. :cry: 

11 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

It costs absolutely nothing to have cash on hand. It gets nothing on my savings account. If hit the fan credit lending could be suspended temporarily and cash is king.

There is basically no risk in taking out some cash

If we get paid in April, I'm gonna pull most of mine out and convert it to USD. Just to have my money in a more reliable form. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s good to know thanks. I am in the habit of washing my hands before and after anyway already.

I’m wondering when they close the gyms. The County where I work just shut down schools, gyms and “entertainment centers.” I may make a trip to Modell’s to pick up some home stuff as a contingency.

I just want everything back to normal. :cry: 

I usually just wipe down the machine/bench I’m using and then at the end wash my hands. Ain’t no sense washing them after every exercise 

There are two kinds of a-holes who don’t help in a situation like this. Those that freak out, and those that act like nothings going on, no big deal. Try and get in the middle, ok? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are two kinds of a-holes who don’t help in a situation like this. Those that freak out, and those that act like nothings going on, no big deal. Try and get in the middle, ok? 

This!

9 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

This!

I wouldn’t agree with retard. He’s usually wrong about things and does nothing but troll. Which is why most people ignore him. 

As for acting like nothing is going on, if you guys want to quarantine yourselves that’s fine. I’m not putting my life on hold for a virus that either won’t affect me or will be so minor that the flu would be worse on me. Only ones that really need to worry is the people with small kids, elderly (which is probably most of you tards here), and people with underlying medical conditions. The healthy people will be fine. Enjoy the less crowded streets and potential to work from home. I’m also going to enjoy the lowered rates at gas stations, places to stay, and things to do ✌

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I wouldn’t agree with retard. He’s usually wrong about things and does nothing but troll. Which is why most people ignore him. 

As for acting like nothing is going on, if you guys want to quarantine yourselves that’s fine. I’m not putting my life on hold for a virus that either won’t affect me or will be so minor that the flu would be worse on me. Only ones that really need to worry is the people with small kids, elderly (which is probably most of you tards here), and people with underlying medical conditions. The healthy people will be fine. Enjoy the less crowded streets and potential to work from home. I’m also going to enjoy the lowered rates at gas stations, places to stay, and things to do ✌

You must have a critical job in the healthcare field. Enjoy the time off! 

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Nope...

Some people should take precautions. But this whole “end of the world, society is crumbling” mentality is hurting and not helping. Just go about your every day business. Wash your hands more. You’ll be fine. 

I'm paying more attention to things like washing my hands more often.  It's mostly just using caution and common sense.  Other than that, not much is changing for me.  I still plan to go fishing after work today.

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Some people should take precautions. But this whole “end of the world, society is crumbling” mentality is hurting and not helping. Just go about your every day business. Wash your hands more. You’ll be fine. 

That is very accurate.  Just as bad are the ones who deny there is anything to worry about and act like tough guys.  I wish common sense was more common.

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep...  I already wash my hands frequently, just doing it a little more than often...  I don't use hand sanitizer, but I am using it a little here and there now...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Yep...  I already wash my hands frequently, just doing it a little more than often...  I don't use hand sanitizer, but I am using it a little here and there now...

Working in a hospital im already constantly washing my hands. Both at work and at home. Just ingrained in me. Plus I work out, i have a healthy diet, good hygiene, and still young. I’m one of the people that shouldn’t worry too much and should be going out to work as well as out into the community to help keep businesses making money. 

• Haha 2

I read somewhere it is more important to wash your hands BEFORE you touch your wiener than it is to wash them after the fact. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I read somewhere it is more important to wash your hands BEFORE you touch your wiener than it is to wash them after the fact. 

Why not do both? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why not do both? 🤷‍♂️

I do if I accidentally piss on myself. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I've heard it's good for calluses on your hands.  Just ask Moises Alou.

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

13 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Hmm.  Still in the envelope the teller gave me.  Maybe I’ll run it thru the dishwasher on the pot scrubber cycle.  

The temperature isn't high enough to kill this virus.  You need to put it in the oven at 450 degrees +. 

I plan on going to the tiitty bar tonight, like I do most Fridays. All 3 of my wives came from there as well as some unpleasant infections to my wiener. Considering I've lived through all of that, I bet I am immune to the chinese AIDS. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Am I the only one that’s not that concerned about this whole thing and not changing my plans at all? Cause I’m literally going to Asheville next weekend. This weekend we are going downtown for sushi and drinks as well as a St Patrick’s thing Saturday. Been going in crowds. Been going out to eat. Been going to the gym. Not changing anything. Not pulling out cash. Not stocking up :dunno:

I'm surprised an expert virologist like yourself doesn't understand the concept of flattening the curve to minimize strain on our health care system.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm surprised an expert virologist like yourself doesn't understand the concept of flattening the curve to minimize strain on our health care system.  :dunno:

I’m surprised a retard like you thinks I should stay inside when I have no symptoms, no contact with anyone who’s had the virus, and good hygiene. Guess we should just be cucks who get scared of their own shadow and stay inside 😂😂😂😂😂

retarded comment of the day award goes to you 🏆

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m surprised a retard like you thinks I should stay inside when I have no symptoms, no contact with anyone who’s had the virus, and good hygiene. Guess we should just be cucks who get scared of their own shadow and stay inside 😂😂😂😂😂

retarded comment of the day award goes to you 🏆

I thought one could be contagious without showing any symptoms?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought one could be contagious without showing any symptoms?

You also have to look at whether you’ve been exposed to someone who’s had it or not. Either way, if I do happen to catch it I’m in the age group of people where it’s extremely mild and I’ll recover. But I’m not around people who’ve had it. I’m not showing any symptoms. I also eat healthy and workout. Like I said, very minimal chance of me catching it and if I do extremely minimal chance of it affecting me severely. Not going to stop doing what I’m doing and it would be dumb of me TO stop. That’s what I’m getting at. 

22 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I plan on going to the tiitty bar tonight, like I do most Fridays. All 3 of my wives came from there as well as some unpleasant infections to my wiener. Considering I've lived through all of that, I bet I am immune to the chinese AIDS. 

Are you a focking Mormon?

Just now, Strike said:

Are you a focking Mormon?

Married 3 separate times - Divorced 3 separate times - 3 separate alimony checks. 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

You also have to look at whether you’ve been exposed to someone who’s had it or not. Either way, if I do happen to catch it I’m in the age group of people where it’s extremely mild and I’ll recover. But I’m not around people who’ve had it. I’m not showing any symptoms. I also eat healthy and workout. Like I said, very minimal chance of me catching it and if I do extremely minimal chance of it affecting me severely. Not going to stop doing what I’m doing and it would be dumb of me TO stop. That’s what I’m getting at. 

I'm sure you're not worried about yourself.  I'm not really worried about myself getting sick either.  I think the point that a healthy person, such as yourself, could be contagious without even knowing it and spread it to others.  That's the main concern I see.

25 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Djgb13 is the biggest retard on the Internets.  Dude, just stop. 

Your reasoning retard? Oh you don’t like what I said? Well boo fockin hoo. Cry me a River dumbass then jump in it.

oh and biggest retard belongs to HT. And you for making that dumbass comment :wave:

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm sure you're not worried about yourself.  I'm not really worried about myself getting sick either.  I think the point that a healthy person, such as yourself, could be contagious without even knowing it and spread it to others.  That's the main concern I see.

He doesn't get "flattening the curve," I didn't even want to try to explain the above second order effects to him.  Besides, his plan is to not contact anyone with the virus, how can you argue that logic?

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He doesn't get "flattening the curve," I didn't even want to try to explain the above second order effects to him.  Besides, his plan is to not contact anyone with the virus, how can you argue that logic?

I was confused by his logic as well.  I've said it before, common sense is not all that common.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The temperature isn't high enough to kill this virus.  You need to put it in the oven at 450 degrees +. 

My oven is Electric.  Maybe I should use the grill since it has an open flame?

Other than working from home...no.  3wks work from home tentative.

Havent really stocked up on anything...

Gonna maybe break the boat out and do some early fishing...get some seedlings started for the garden...paint my shed..weather permitting...lots of little things I can catch up on.

Asheville! Wooo hoooo! Are the hospitals in North Carolina closed on weekends? Sweet gig for people that work there! Lol.  

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My oven is Electric.  Maybe I should use the grill since it has an open flame?

Don't be silly.  Just put the oven to 450 even if it is electric.  Just make sure that it is in there for a good 20 minutes or so.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Very sensible