supermike80

Are you changing your life in response to the beer virus?

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Finally, like a civilized man. Need the crags in the paper to get the most traction on the wipe and have to be standing to have the necessary range of motion to operate. How you guys who just lift a cheek and swipe once with 2 squares folded over think you are clean is beyond me. 

I have a trip to Cabo San Lucas planned for the mid to late part of April. I certainly hope they don't impose any travel bans to other countries. That is more than 5 weeks from now. I think I'll be all right. I need to get my taco on!

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

I have a trip to Cabo San Lucas planned for the mid to late part of April. I certainly hope they don't impose any travel bans to other countries. That is more than 5 weeks from now. I think I'll be all right. I need to get my taco on!

Only advice I can offer. Know the cancellation policies so you dont lose too much $$

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

My wife and I had booked a Cabo trip pre Swine Flu.  When that news broke we had to scramble and find a plan B since she was preggo. 

We ended up going to the Bahamas instead.  It was a pretty big disappointment. 

My B¡tch asked me if she should go to her friend's birthday party.  She works for J&J (my b¡tch… not the friend), and they already have a mandate to work from home, so I was like sure go.  You're home anyway.  What difference does it make if you're quarantined on the off chance you get it?

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I'm going to quarantine myself in a fish house this weekend.  I'll play music on amazon prime and forget about this stupid for a couple of days.  

Just remember boys,  scared people are easy to control.  Your government has scared the shiot out of you.  :mad:

Must be going to LOW.  I hope you fall through the ice. Wear ice cleats to prevent that my friend.  

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. And by exposing yourself to it, you may become a carrier and give it to elderly people, people with babies, and people with health conditions. 

Like every flu season. JFC 

The y-axis is the same? 

Are you saying the number of total cases of flu is an estimate (ie, not everyone goes to the doctor with the flu) while the Covid-19 cases are confirmed therefore artificially driving up the Covid-19 fatality rate?  I, for one, estimate that the real number of infected is 10x the number of confirmed.  If that is the case, the fatality rate is obviously 10x lower.  Of course, that means it's still about 5x higher than the flu.

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

The y-axis is the same? 

Are you saying the number of total cases of flu is an estimate (ie, not everyone goes to the doctor with the flu) while the Covid-19 cases are confirmed therefore artificially driving up the Covid-19 fatality rate?  I, for one, estimate that the real number of infected is 10x the number of confirmed.  If that is the case, the fatality rate is obviously 10x lower.  Of course, that means it's still about 5x higher than the flu.

The y-axis is the same yet .6% on the left is markedly shorter than .2% on the right.  Also, COVID-19 disproportionately affects 80+ year olds which they split out on the right, yet they lump down to 65 on the left.  How does flu affect the 80+ group?

My point is that the data is intentionally misrepresented in both directions.

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Why would I assume that?  Also I'm inclined to not trust any of that data at this point.  Also, if you take off an order of magnitude that helps the Y-axis issue but not the X-axis issue.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Uh huh. Talk to me in 2 months when you can't fit your car in the garage because you bought up all the TP and 50lb bags of rice. This isn't a health crisis. It's an economic disaster fueled by liability due to the media hysteria.  This whole thing disgusts me. 

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why would I assume that?  Also I'm inclined to not trust any of that data at this point.  Also, if you take off an order of magnitude that helps the Y-axis issue but not the X-axis issue.

You'd assume it because it doesn't make sense otherwise.  Agreed on the x-axis.  Without knowing the number of infected in each bin it's not very great.  

I wasn't trying to argue it was great.  In fact I said it wasn't.  My point is this is the mortality rate is higher than the flu.  Stupid people who can't understand that respond better to pretty pictures than words, so I figured it would make that point.  Flaws and all.

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Uh huh. Talk to me in 2 months when you can't fit your car in the garage because you bought up all the TP and 50lb bags of rice. This isn't a health crisis. It's an economic disaster fueled by liability due to the media hysteria.  This whole thing disgusts me. 

Is your position that no one should be do anything?  Just business as usual.  Or do you think everyone who even bothers washing their hands is overreacting?  You're so hyperbolic it's hard to tell.

I wish I bought some TP.  I get mine delivered, but I'm not sure there's any left in LA.  I don't know what the fūck I'm going to do when I run out.  

And my delivery is guaranteed getting stolen.  They just ship that shìt in the angelsoft box.

11 minutes ago, nobody said:

You're so hyperbolic it's hard to tell.

Really? I've said all along treat it like any other flu season. It's the flu. Kills the  old and the weak. Like any other flu. Wash your hands , don't touch your face during flu season is a great precaution. Mass hysteria over this is destroying small business and low income workers.. All these shutdowns are liability based. It's a focking disgrace

23 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Really? I've said all along treat it like any other flu season. It's the flu. Kills the  old and the weak. Like any other flu. Wash your hands , don't touch your face during flu season is a great precaution. Mass hysteria over this is destroying small business and low income workers.. All these shutdowns are liability based. It's a focking disgrace

Really? You think China shut down their whole country over the flu? Why now and not other years? You’re not nearly as dumb as Digby34, so this surprises me. 

My wife and I made one last trip to the store at midnight to get some stuff my MIL wanted.  We were able to get most of it so there's no reason for her to go anywhere.  At 2 am, we were putting groceries away, wiping stuff down, taking showers, and washing our clothes after having been to Wal Mart.  May be overkill, but we're trying our best to follow the guidance we been given about social distancing. 

This morning, I got a call from my wife telling me that her stupid mother went to her focking chiropractor visit while I was at work and she was out walking the dog.  Seriously, what a focking dumbass!!! 

We go to great lengths to protect her because of her age and health issues, but she goes to get a rub down from some stupid quack who's probably rubbed dozens of others this week.  I'm focking pissed.  

1 minute ago, nobody said:

He probably washes his hands between patients.

lol at "patients" Chiroquackery is a joke. 

Point is, she's old, has some health issues, and is needlessly putting herself in close contact with other people.  She needs to sit her ass at home and watch movies for a month while this thing plays out.  That's what she does most of the time anyway.  

Went to get some distilled water for my CPAP machine... mutherfockers... sold out and got the last jug at the 2nd store. 

Seriously dumbasses.... the virus doesn't shut your water off.  Wtf is wrong with people....

😠

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

My wife and I made one last trip to the store at midnight to get some stuff my MIL wanted.  We were able to get most of it so there's no reason for her to go anywhere.  At 2 am, we were putting groceries away, wiping stuff down, taking showers, and washing our clothes after having been to Wal Mart.  May be overkill, but we're trying our best to follow the guidance we been given about social distancing. 

This morning, I got a call from my wife telling me that her stupid mother went to her focking chiropractor visit while I was at work and she was out walking the dog.  Seriously, what a focking dumbass!!! 

We go to great lengths to protect her because of her age and health issues, but she goes to get a rub down from some stupid quack who's probably rubbed dozens of others this week.  I'm focking pissed.  

Geez, you have my sympathies. I realize this is on the painstaking OCD side, but I spent quite a while sanitizing groceries (ordered online, loaded into the car by employee) so I know what that's like. Fortunately my parents fully get it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Went to get some distilled water for my CPAP machine... mutherfockers... sold out and got the last jug at the 2nd store. 

Seriously dumbasses.... the virus doesn't shut your water off.  Wtf is wrong with people....

😠

Some people are responding to what they see is a higher than usual potential for lots of service disruptions, depending on how pummeled we could get, in terms of various different interelated dysfunction, set off by being shocked by a medical crisis.

16 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I’m closer to this take than others, even if it’s more serious than this. The media hysteria is making things way worse than it needs to be. The economic effects will far outweigh the health effects.

My son and I are going on lockdown. The state of Michigan has closed its schools. I work from home. I got 2 weeks worth of food, tp, water  and ammo.  I am prepared for trump to declare martial law and restrict all forms of travel. 

Other than working from home I am not changing anything. 

if you went out and got a cart full of tp you’re seriously a focking retard. 

i wish i could buy stock in stupidity right now

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

My son and I are going on lockdown. The state of Michigan has closed its schools. I work from home. I got 2 weeks worth of food, tp, water  and ammo.  I am prepared for trump to declare martial law and restrict all forms of travel. 

How do you know if you have two weeks worth of ammo? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, frank said:

How do you know if you have two weeks worth of ammo? :dunno:

I was not talking about ammo sorry. 

I have more than 2 weeks of that. 

In all actuality....we bought about 3 weeks of supplies...just dont want to keep leaving the house. My elderly in laws live with me so it was prudent.  Other than tp...no shortage of food..dry goods

On 3/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, DuckStupid said:

Must be going to LOW.  I hope you fall through the ice. Wear ice cleats to prevent that my friend.  

Yep, went out of springsteel.  Brought home six walleye and two really nice perch.  Prolly the biggest ones I've ever caught.   Buddy brought a twelve of Corona to mock this stupidity.   Overall a great weekend. 

17 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

In all actuality....we bought about 3 weeks of supplies...just dont want to keep leaving the house. My elderly in laws live with me so it was prudent.  Other than tp...no shortage of food..dry goods

Fortunately, due to the rampant stupidity on display, you probably did the right thing. 

This week saw a huge increase in unexpected runs on stores. Next week the shelves will prolly be empty due to a lack of supply being able to keep up with demand. 

going to work from home tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Yep, went out of springsteel.  Brought home six walleye and two really nice perch.  Prolly the biggest ones I've ever caught.   Buddy brought a twelve of Corona to mock this stupidity.   Overall a great weekend. 

Caught the biggest perch I have ever seen up there earlier this year.  14 inches. Glad you had a good time, sounds like a nice break. 

History will not be kind to digby’s comments in this thread.  

Wife is working from home starting tomorrow.  

I’m closing my shop to the public and postponing installs where homeowners are present.  

If the state or fed shuts down all non essential businesses, we will postpone deliveries as well and I’ll just stay home.   

We are well stocked and ready to weather the storm.  

Stay safe and God bless you all.  

Even digby.