OLB Shaq Barrett, TB
DL Chris Jones, KC
WR A.J. Green, CIN
QB Dak Prescott, DAL
RB Derrick Henry, TEN
RB Kenyan Drake, ARI (Transition tag)
S Anthony Harris, MIN
G Joe Thuney, NE

I'm surprised Henry got tagged.  The guy gets hurt every year.  I'd let him walk.  Let him be someone else's IR spot holder.

Lot's of activity this morning, including A.J. Green tagged by the Bengals, Dak Prescott by the Cowboys and Derrick Henry by the Titans.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm surprised Henry got tagged.  The guy gets hurt every year.  I'd let him walk.  Let him be someone else's IR spot holder.

That would actually be the best reason to tag him.

you get one more year while he is in his prime.   They will probably run the hell out of him and then discard at end of season.

34 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

That would actually be the best reason to tag him.

you get one more year while he is in his prime.   They will probably run the hell out of him and then discard at end of season.

Not for $10M though.  $5M?... ok, but not $10.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not for $10M though.  $5M?... ok, but not $10.

problem is... at 5M someone would likely outbid them because I dont think he signs for 5 M without going to free agency.

5-7 M is what hes likely worth, but there are always teams who will overpay to get a piece they need.

in this case I still think the franchise makes sense.   IF they dont sign him to a long term deal he will be gone by end of this season.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

problem is... at 5M someone would likely outbid them because I dont think he signs for 5 M without going to free agency.

5-7 M is what hes likely worth, but there are always teams who will overpay to get a piece they need.

in this case I still think the franchise makes sense.   IF they dont sign him to a long term deal he will be gone by end of this season.

Oh, you could be right on the numbers... but that's why I say, let someone else deal with him.  I'd stretch it to $6M, but that's it.  He's hurt every year.  A $10M deal for Henry is like $20M for someone who plays every game.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, you could be right on the numbers... but that's why I say, let someone else deal with him.  I'd stretch it to $6M, but that's it.  He's hurt every year.  A $10M deal for Henry is like $20M for someone who plays every game.

true.  but in this case, the franchise tag option is better than throwing out a ton of cash on a 5 year deal with 2-3 of those years guaranteed.

This way, the fans stay happy, and they have hedged their bets for an extra 3-4 million dollars.   if he (or the team) sucks next year, I suspect they will dump him like yesterdays garbage at year end.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

true.  but in this case, the franchise tag option is better than throwing out a ton of cash on a 5 year deal with 2-3 of those years guaranteed.

This way, the fans stay happy, and they have hedged their bets for an extra 3-4 million dollars.   if he (or the team) sucks next year, I suspect they will dump him like yesterdays garbage at year end.

If I'm the Chargers fan, I'd rather give up a 2nd round pick for OJ Howard.  Or, give that $10M-$12M to Hooper (which is apparently what he got/is getting, from Cleveland).