Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

So is anyone traveling?

So Disneyworld closed down so we have to cancel our trip. Frontier...who their customer service is so badd I had to set an alarm for 4:00 a.m. to try to get through to a live person.

Anyway they are not giving refunds. They are crediting the account so you have to use it within 3 months in only on one trip.

Anyway. My wife has all these days off coming up next week and so if we can't go to Disney and we got our money refunded we're thinking of going to the Bahamas for 4 or 5 nights.

Is that bad form right now? I mean we are healthy, no weakened systems or anything, we dont see our elderly parents that often.

You guys still flying or no?

• Like 1

No I'm following the suggestion of our health officials and staying home to maximize social distancing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You run the risk of flights home being suddenly canceled. I have friends stranded all over the place at the moment. 

This, and possibly being quarantined for a cpl weeks on your return.

You know when you watch movies and the stupid mother focker is about to do something stupid and you think what a focking idiot. I always thought it was bad writing, but nope I was wrong those people exist and they are all over the place.

Driving to lake tahoe next week.  Staying at a VRBO (which was normal for us last year). We'll see how crowded the slopes are....

I haven't done too much differently, but I would be cautious flying.

Definitely not flying anywhere, but we may drive down to TN during the first week of April.  Up until last night, I was dead set on going.  My wife is now unsure, so we may not.  

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You run the risk of flights home being suddenly canceled. I have friends stranded all over the place at the moment. 

How are things in your part of Chiner?

Was supposed to go to Vegas the first week of April.  Have hotel reserved but hadn't bought plane tickets yet.  Rethinking going now, especially with the final four being canceled.

I was supposed to fly out of Ft Lauderdale tonight back to NY. Canceled and rented a minivan and am driving home. Left yesterday at 5.  Presently stopped in some bombfock town in northern Virginia. Coronavirus isn’t the only thing I’m worried about out catching now.  Might get rabies from one of these creatures.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was supposed to fly out of Ft Lauderdale tonight back to NY. Canceled and rented a minivan and am driving home. Left yesterday at 5.  Presently stopped in some bombfock town in northern Virginia. Coronavirus isn’t the only thing I’m worried about out catching now.  Might get rabies from one of these creatures.  

Hah...

Yeah I'm just thinking our odds of getting something are not that high. I think we woulda had a better chance of catching it if we actually went to Disney as opposed to a beach.

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I grew up in NOVA.  Sterling to be exact. It has changed dramatically since I was there.  

It was elmont? Two of those huge hunting stores were there.  Bass pro shops and Hunters green. We were out of place without a mullato kid, some tattoos and back fat. Get to show the kids Baltimore soon! What a vacation. Thanks China! 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was elmont? Two of those huge hunting stores were there.  Bass pro shops and Hunters green. We were out of place without a mullato kid, some tattoos and back fat. Get to show the kids Baltimore soon! What a vacation. Thanks China! 

What were your options?  What was the trip?

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

What were your options?  What was the trip?

Had a flight home booked tonight from Florida to NY. Flew down on Sunday. Kind of a bust. Took kids to zoo and the beach but mostly hung around the pool. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Had a flight home booked tonight from Florida to NY. Flew down on Sunday. Kind of a bust. Took kids to zoo and the beach but mostly hung around the pool. 

Bummer. 

Where did you stay?  Weather ok?  Was there an original plan for activities that changed?

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Bummer. 

Where did you stay?  Weather ok?  Was there an original plan for activities that changed?

My parents house. Weather was kinda cool early but got hot later. We were gonna day trip Disney Thursday but that didn’t happen. Things like taking them to Chuck E. Cheese got canned and me and my wife going out for dinner and drinks last night also didn’t happen. What are you gonna do? We have to get back, my wife actually does work in the healthcare field, her doctor boss is swamped.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My parents house. Weather was kinda cool early but got hot later. We were gonna day trip Disney Thursday but that didn’t happen. Things like taking them to Chuck E. Cheese got canned and me and my wife going out for dinner and drinks last night also didn’t happen. What are you gonna do? We have to get back, my wife actually does work in the healthcare field, her doctor boss is swamped. 

I was about to ask about flexibility to extend the trip (for your unplanned road trip north).  With an extra couple of days you could have picked some decent areas for your stops.

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I was about to ask about flexibility to extend the trip (for your unplanned road trip north).  With an extra couple of days you could have picked some decent areas for your stops.

Yeah. It was dicey coming down to begin with but my parents are old and love seeing their grandkids so I feel obligated.  Worth it all the other times. Wasn’t horrible. But fought with them about buying groceries and all that. Bought some stuff for them but stubborn as shite. May have to drive back in a few weeks and get them if domestic travel gets canceled.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You know when you watch movies and the stupid mother focker is about to do something stupid and you think what a focking idiot. I always thought it was bad writing, but nope I was wrong those people exist and they are all over the place.

This.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stop somewhere and pick up a couple dozen blue crabs.  

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Stop somewhere and pick up a couple dozen blue crabs.  

My wife never ate shrimp until she met me when she was 29. And my kids eatchick nuggets , fruit and yogurt. That’s about it. I did get some Bojangles chicken back in NC though.  

• Like 1

Baltimore ! I was going to cover my kids eyes but my daughter is buried in her tablet and the boy is sleeping.  Thank god. 

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

How are things in your part of Chiner?

Things are still by and large shut down. Most restaurants are either take out only. A few will let you eat in, but they will keep everyone far apart. 

The maintenance guys at school seem to be getting things ready for the kids coming back. They've built intake testing stations at two of the gates with temperature cameras and qr scanners so people can scan their registration we all have to do. But we still haven't heard anything about starting. And they would try to get the teachers who are still abroad back to do a quarantine two weeks in advance.

One girl has been in Bali for two months now. Several are in the Philippines and unable to leave the country. One is in Cali. Several have quit.

In the long term, it appears our pay will go up. The recruiters are desperate for people right now, and the number of people who are willing to come is very low.

So far, our school has paid us for two months for nothing. Many schools have either stopped paying or given half pay. We hope that continues, but who knows.

Usually they would begin renegotiating contracts for next year soon. The HR lady is still locked down in Hubei (Wuhan) province though.

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Things are still by and large shut down. Most restaurants are either take out only. A few will let you eat in, but they will keep everyone far apart. 

The maintenance guys at school seem to be getting things ready for the kids coming back. They've built intake testing stations at two of the gates with temperature cameras and qr scanners so people can scan their registration we all have to do. But we still haven't heard anything about starting. And they would try to get the teachers who are still abroad back to do a quarantine two weeks in advance.

One girl has been in Bali for two months now. Several are in the Philippines and unable to leave the country. One is in Cali. Several have quit.

In the long term, it appears our pay will go up. The recruiters are desperate for people right now, and the number of people who are willing to come is very low.

So far, our school has paid us for two months for nothing. Many schools have either stopped paying or given half pay. We hope that continues, but who knows.

Usually they would begin renegotiating contracts for next year soon. The HR lady is still locked down in Hubei (Wuhan) province though.

Wow.  What does this lockdown look like in your daily life? 

You mentioned a take out restaurant.  What about shipping, exercising, or just going outside?

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Wow.  What does this lockdown look like in your daily life? 

You mentioned a take out restaurant.  What about shipping, exercising, or just going outside?

Shipping is mostly working, so I can order whatever. Sometimes there is a problem lately with stuff from the states though. The US is on the list of lockdown countries. Anyone entering who has been in the US now has to spend two weeks in a lockdown facility, solitary, food delivered by hazmat suit goons, and has to pay $80-$200 a day for the privilege.

Gyms and such are still closed.

Yeah, you can go outside as much as you like. You have to wear a mask at all times though.

And these days, the ccp is spinning the narrative that the virus is beaten in China, and any new cases are being brought in by foreigners, so I've been getting the stinkeye the last couple of times I've ventured out.

Today I figured out how to get mcdonalds and KFC delivered from my phone. That's a nice thing to have. Was getting sick of my wife's cooking.

Tomorrow or the next day we will go to the mall to grocery shop. I'll eat some good pizza while there. 

• Like 1

OK we decided not to go out of the country. We're going to get an air BNB down in Orlando and hang out, go to the beach. Sure we can find some stuff still open.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

whoa, my brother teaches in wenzhou.

where you at?

Last Wednesday my sister in law took off to the Bahamas and on Monday my brother went also.  They are suppose to spend the next two weeks there in their timeshare.  I told him he was focking stupid for going but they are two of the most selfish people I know.  Now everything is shutting down there and they are coming home.  I'm going to tell him to stay away form the office for two weeks when he gets back.  Focking dumbass.

Selfish people are the focking devil with thing. 

I had a friend that kept his Vegas plans and flew out Monday night.........

He flew back last night.

8 minutes ago, posty said:

Elmont, VA is not Northern Virginia...

Got me Posty. It’s center-north. Great work man. Ignore feature down? 

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Last Wednesday my sister in law took off to the Bahamas and on Monday my brother went also.  They are suppose to spend the next two weeks there in their timeshare.  I told him he was focking stupid for going but they are two of the most selfish people I know.  Now everything is shutting down there and they are coming home.  I'm going to tell him to stay away form the office for two weeks when he gets back.  Focking dumbass.

Selfish people are the focking devil with thing. 

Yeah we ended up canceling our trip and are staying home. 

Said screw it and bought that massive millennium Falcon lego set so me and my daughter will work on that. 

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah we ended up canceling our trip and are staying home. 

Said screw it and bought that massive millennium Falcon lego set so me and my daughter will work on that. 

Nice.  :thumbsup: