supermike80

New official "I contracted Corona Virus Thread"

Let's try this again.  Discuss if you get it, if you know someone who gets it. Symptoms etc.

Blame the gubbermint in a different thread. 

Healthy right now.  But think I have about 2-3 days before I become a raging alcoholic.

45 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Healthy right now.  But think I have about 2-3 days before I become a raging alcoholic.

This!  lol.  I am not an alcoholic but my 2020 resolution was to cut back.  No drinks during the week.

I was doing great.  Now I can’t leave my house? Am working from home while my kids are running around the house all day.  

oh boy

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This!  lol.  I am not an alcoholic but my 2020 resolution was to cut back.  No drinks during the week.

I was doing great.  Now I can’t leave my house? Am working from home while my kids are running around the house all day.  

oh boy

I've been cutting way back on beer as well in order to drop a few lbs. Still drinking scotch, however, as I'm not insane. 

Polished off 2 different growlers over the weekend to help support local businesses.  The growler/bottle shop that a friend owns isn't as impacted by the restaurant/bar closure in WA, but I'm not sure about my favorite brewery. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I peenied it.

WTF?  That was some of my best work!!!  :mad:

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

oh boy

I am debating not drinking until this is over.  

Never mind anyone here having it. 

Does anyone here know anyone directly who does have it ? 

No lying, called it!

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

No lying, called it!

Nope. Not a soul. All lies. No one has it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

No lying, called it!

One of our job sites is shut down because one of the GC’s foreman’s wife is suspected to have it. She’s not being tested because she’s not high risk. Now we’re quarantining our guys for on that job site for 2 weeks. It’s going to be such a clusterfuck having to shut down job sites for 2 weeks anytime there has been potential exposure.

I have and have had a annoying cough for awhile and now everyone looks at me like I am infecting them. I take my temperature every morning to be sure. Today 97.9

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

No one I know yet...Either personal or work related--buttttt it's early

2 minutes ago, shotsup said:

I have and have had a annoying cough for awhile and now everyone looks at me like I am infecting them. I take my temperature every morning to be sure. Today 97.9

I think you just enjoy shoving that thermometer up your azz every morning... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Congratulations.  You have AIDS!

52 minutes ago, edjr said:

That wasn't the question, the question was, do you know anyone who does or has ? 

Pretty simple question that shouldn't tie twats in a knot. 

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

That wasn't the question, the question was, do you know anyone who does or has ? 

I don't, but also do not know who is advertising it.

19 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Much like anything, if I don't see it - it aint real

Don't know anyone but then I & everyone I know are far away from the areas where this is festering. 

38 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i do not. some rumors of employees second cousins boyfriend coming in though.

I've heard a couple of the my friends friend knows someone.  That's it so far :dunno:

There are currently 69 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Los Angeles county.  There's 10 million people here.  In 2 weeks there might be hundreds of thousands of cases, but its still a bit too early.

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2020/03/15/l-a-county-confirms-16-more-coronavirus-cases-bringing-total-to-69-6/

L.A. County Confirms 16 More Coronavirus Cases, Bringing Total to 69
Posted by Contributing Editor on March 15, 2020

Local health officials confirmed 16 more cases of coronavirus Sunday, bringing the county’s total to 69, as Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said the city would comply with California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s order to close all bars, and officials prepared to use Dockweiler RV Park south of LAX as a quarantine zone.

Ten of the 69 cases are “likely due to community transmission,” the county health department said.

The cases announced Sunday include one with an unidentified source of exposure, three cases exposed during recent travel, two cases of health-care workers exposed in a health-care setting, four who had close contact with a confirmed case, and five that are pending more investigation.

The 16th case was previously reported Saturday by Long Beach officials, as that city has its own health department.

“We anticipate more cases and increased community spread as more testing occurs,” said Dr. Barbara Ferrer, L.A. County’s public health director. “We are asking everyone to expect more social distancing requirements as more cases are identified. Please do not call 911 to request testing for COVID-19 and please do not go to our emergency rooms unless you are seriously ill and require emergency care.

I don't know anybody, no.

5 hours ago, riversco said:

There are currently 69 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Los Angeles county.  There's 10 million people here.  In 2 weeks there might be hundreds of thousands of cases, but its still a bit too early.

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2020/03/15/l-a-county-confirms-16-more-coronavirus-cases-bringing-total-to-69-6/

L.A. County Confirms 16 More Coronavirus Cases, Bringing Total to 69
Posted by Contributing Editor on March 15, 2020

Local health officials confirmed 16 more cases of coronavirus Sunday, bringing the county’s total to 69, as Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said the city would comply with California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s order to close all bars, and officials prepared to use Dockweiler RV Park south of LAX as a quarantine zone.

Ten of the 69 cases are “likely due to community transmission,” the county health department said.

The cases announced Sunday include one with an unidentified source of exposure, three cases exposed during recent travel, two cases of health-care workers exposed in a health-care setting, four who had close contact with a confirmed case, and five that are pending more investigation.

The 16th case was previously reported Saturday by Long Beach officials, as that city has its own health department.

“We anticipate more cases and increased community spread as more testing occurs,” said Dr. Barbara Ferrer, L.A. County’s public health director. “We are asking everyone to expect more social distancing requirements as more cases are identified. Please do not call 911 to request testing for COVID-19 and please do not go to our emergency rooms unless you are seriously ill and require emergency care.

How many people have died in LA county this year from the regular flu?

i believe there are what 20,000+ plus deaths from regular flu in the US this season.  Why no hysteria about that?  How does this compare to other seasons?  

43 minutes ago, Bert said:

How many people have died in LA county this year from the regular flu?

i believe there are what 20,000+ plus deaths from regular flu in the US this season.  Why no hysteria about that?  How does this compare to other seasons?  

The mortality rate of the flu is estimated at like 0.1%.  The mortality rate for COVID-19 is something like 2%-3%.  Towards the higher end if we do nothing and allow coronavirus to run rampant and overwhelm hospitals with patients.  COVID-19 isn't gonna wipe out humanity but its definitely killing at a higher rate than normal.  We're quarantining in the US as a science experiment it seems.

Experiences of the symptoms definitely differ between people, but I really appreciate the simple, insightful way this guy describes what he's feeling:

3 minutes ago, naomi said:

Experiences of the symptoms definitely differ between people, but I really appreciate the simple, insightful way this guy describes what he's feeling:

He's a VERY healthy DIABETIC. :lol:

Yeah, I think he means that like, very healthy relative to other type I diabetics.

Media hype is focking this with a John Holmes sized d!ck. They should all be executed. Trump admin isn't doing us any favors shutting everything down creating more hysteria. Both kids out of work for at least the foreseeable future. I'm a bit upset  

A friend of mine has been home with what he says is the flu. He has not gone to to the doctor or been tested. He lives alone so he says he doesn’t feel the need. He’s just riding it out. 

I've been sick for 3 weeks now. Really bad cough, runny nose, earache, and sinus issues. I'm 98% positive it was a cold that turned into a sinus infection which is what normally happens to me this time of year. How do I get tested?

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've been sick for 3 weeks now. Really bad cough, runny nose, earache, and sinus issues. I'm 98% positive it was a cold that turned into a sinus infection which is what normally happens to me this time of year. How do I get tested?

Beaumont Troy has drive through testing...but only if you show symptoms

7 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Media hype is focking this with a John Holmes sized d!ck. They should all be executed. Trump admin isn't doing us any favors shutting everything down creating more hysteria. Both kids out of work for at least the foreseeable future. I'm a bit upset  

I dont think the Trump admit shut down anything did they?  Except intl travel that is..which should happen

Everything else has been a state decision

Just now, supermike80 said:

Beaumont Troy has drive through testing...but only if you show symptoms

What if I'm already over it. Does the test show antibodies?

Just now, Cdub100 said:

What if I'm already over it. Does the test show antibodies?

No idea

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Hop on a cruise ship.

• Haha 1