Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Bills acquire Stefon Diggs from Vikings

Blows for any value to any of the Bills WRs.  

Everyone one of them takes a hit from this move.  

It’s a good move for the Bills, but not so good for ff.  

So Diggs is worth a 1st, 4th, and 5th (I'm calling the 6th and 7th), a wash... but Houston was only able to get a 2nd and Johnson for Hopkins?  :doh:

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Blows for any value to any of the Bills WRs.  

Everyone one of them takes a hit from this move.  

It’s a good move for the Bills, but not so good for ff.  

Agree. My only pause is that Diggs seems more of a me guy, than a team guy imo. So how long until he's now a headache for Buffalo? 

33 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Agree. My only pause is that Diggs seems more of a me guy, than a team guy imo. So how long until he's now a headache for Buffalo? 

I dont think it will be a problem because Diggs will be the top Dog in that offense.

In Minny, he was the #2 or #3 option for much of the year, and felt he should be the #1.  In his new home, there will be no question of where he stands.

That being said, we dont know for sure if his stats will be better (or not)  its a bit of a crapshoot.

Josh Allen threw 3000 yards with a completion percentage of just under 59%.   2:1 Td/Int ratio.   the stats seem fairly pedestrian, but he also ran for 500 yards.

if you look at the talent at WR in Buffalo, its not that deep.  (john Brown and Cole Beasley are the top two WR's)

I'd hope that adding a weapon such as Diggs will aid his development as a player.  

I have to think Diggs is an upgrade on the current #1 John Brown.   John Brown got 1000 yards receiving with Josh Allen tossing him the ball!

John Freakin Brown!  1000 yards!

to that end, its not hard to project Diggs to get 1200 yards receiving one more time.  

The big question for me (as is always the case with Diggs) is can he stay healthy the full year?   it seems as though he misses games every single year and has a few unproductive games while playing injured, and that's the biggest concern with Diggs.

Hes a very good talent.  pretty close to elite when healthy.

31 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

He's a great talent, but Jesus Christ I am so focking sick of diva WRs.

problem is... nearly every top WR is a bit of a Diva to some extent.   

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So Diggs is worth a 1st, 4th, and 5th (I'm calling the 6th and 7th), a wash... but Houston was only able to get a 2nd and Johnson for Hopkins?  :doh:

Great post, I agree. 

I have a feeling that Diggs we’ll fit in just find, I agree with Ray, but non of them well be worthy of their adp.  

well, if people give Diggs a discount because hes moving to a weaker team, you might be able to get him cheaper than you should.

I guess its too early to predict how the market will react to this.   but Diggs is one player who (in my opinion) now has a lower floor and higher ceiling than he had in Minny.

I’m not so sure I can agree with a higher ceiling, 

I would expect Diggs to be the Bills wr1, but I’m not sure he avg any more then the 10 points per game non ppr he did last season. 

Like with the Vikings, the Bills don’t pass much, and they already have two other WRs that produce last season.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I’m not so sure I can agree with a higher ceiling, 

I would expect Diggs to be the Bills wr1, but I’m not sure he avg any more then the 10 points per game non ppr he did last season. 

Like with the Vikings, the Bills don’t pass much, and they already have two other WRs that produce last season.  

Question... 

What's the underlying reason why they didn't pass much?

Was it because of their WR's not being able to get open?  The QB running too soon?  They system not being conducive to a lot of passing?  I didn't watch their games, so I don't know.  Does adding Diggs make any of those 3 possibilities different?

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Question... 

What's the underlying reason why they didn't pass much?

Was it because of their WR's not being able to get open?  The QB running too soon?  They system not being conducive to a lot of passing?  I didn't watch their games, so I don't know.  Does adding Diggs make any of those 3 possibilities different?

well, typically any offense that runs the ball more and does it successfully is running what I'd call a ball control offense.

Instead of having a drive made up of 6 passes for 60 yards,  you might have 6 runs for 30 yards, and another 3-4 passes for 30 yards.   The difference is that in the ball control offense you will take significant time off the clock, thereby helping your defense to perform better later in games. (due to less time on the field)

I guess it's also fair to say a balanced offense is tougher to defend overall than any one dimensional offense.

Ray nailed it TB.  

Now when you look at last season Allen and Cousins had very close passing att, but Cousins had more yards and tds, and Thielen only played in ten games.  

Diggs in non ppr, I list that so you know what type of scoring system I play in. 

Diggs in a non ppr was a wr2, now he’ll be one of three WRs on a team who’s qb throw for less yards and tds. 

Plus the Bills have a young te that should be more developed this season, I just don’t see enough passes for Diggs for him to even surpass his ff numbers last season.  

Standard:

WR13:  Stefon Diggs - 149.1 Total Fantasy Points, 9.9 ppg

WR14:  John Brown - 147.8 Total Fantasy Points, 9.9 ppg

PPR:

WR15:  John Brown - 219.8 Total Fantasy Points, 14.7 ppg

WR20:  Stefon Diggs - 212.1 Total Fantasy Points, 14.1 ppg

It really doesn't look like a whole lot will be changing for Diggs, other than the color of his uniform.

Did Beasley and his 7 points per game in non ppr retire?  

And one must remember, that Thielen only played in ten games. 

If Thielen had played in more games I don’t think Diggs non ppr per game avg would have matched J Browns. 

I think you guys all made valid points on Diggs..Yes, he's a diva and wants to be the guy so he can pound his chest. Now, was his health issues & missed games in Minny a result of being a diva/whiner or will he.stay relatively healthy now that he's to be.the WR1 ?????

He's talented and young but as been said here I don't loo fir a big boost in his production unless Allen throws more, which I doubt happens. Since he is the #1 guy then is he gona go off if Brown,  the young TE (can't remember the name) who will be better this year and the remaining ig guys gets targets and he doesn't? Time will tell but I hope he's notalking locker room distraction.

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

If Thielen had played in more games I don’t think Diggs non ppr per game avg would have matched J Browns. 

The thing is...  Diggs production without Thelien is more indicative of what kind of targets you get as a clear cut #1 WR.

Diggs production with Thelien is more indicative of being a 1A or #2 WR.   I suspect there will be a difference in looks and targets.

I think he is moving into a place where he will be the clear cut #1 but the pie itself will be a bit smaller (unless the team improves... which is very possible as this is a young team)

I still think the largest concern with him is going to be his health.   

The offense as a whole hasn't  been as good as the offense in Minny so his value may go down a bit, but if you think Josh Allen takes a step forward in his development, the difference may not be as large as we think.

John Brown had the best season of his career catching passes from Allen, so I'm inclined to believe Allen may be the real deal. The better league QB's seem to elevate the play of their WRs, and Allen looks to have done this last season.

nothing against John Brown and Cole Beasley, but when those two are your top 2 WR's its tough to predict big numbers from the QB and Allen put up passable numbers with a solid TD/INT ratio. 

I think this move will allow them to open up the offense a bit and we will see this offense take a nice step forward.

Well I agree it shows that the Bills want to open it up more, and I like Allen, and he should post more pass att.  

But does that mean that Diggs lives up to the title wr1? 

He should be the Bills wr1, not so sure even if he is, that he out performs the other two WRs by a wide margin.  

And I agree about their young te, he’s going to get more involved, and I think his involvement we’ll hurt Beasley the most.  

If both Diggs and Brown stay healthy, I don’t see much difference between them as it pertains to ff non ppr points.  

Brown is already ahead, he and Allen have one season of chemistry already.  

58 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Well I agree it shows that the Bills want to open it up more, and I like Allen, and he should post more pass att.  

But does that mean that Diggs lives up to the title wr1? 

He should be the Bills wr1, not so sure even if he is, that he out performs the other two WRs by a wide margin.  

And I agree about their young te, he’s going to get more involved, and I think his involvement we’ll hurt Beasley the most.  

If both Diggs and Brown stay healthy, I don’t see much difference between them as it pertains to ff non ppr points.  

Brown is already ahead, he and Allen have one season of chemistry already.  

fair points.

Hands down, I think Diggs is the best WR talent wise. 

John brown probably regresses downward from his career best year last season.  I'm guessing 850-900 yards for John Brown which makes him a very good #2 WR.

I suspect Diggs likely puts up similar numbers to last year (maybe slightly less). 

but the main risk (other than injury)is if it takes some time to develop Chemistry with Allen. 

I'd draft him on the assumption he gets about 1100 yards receiving, but if he quickly develops a chemistry with Allen, he could easily do better. 

We’ll all I’ve been saying about this move is, I think Diggs ff numbers should be what they where last season. Or close to them. 

In which he was a wr2 in non ppr.  

But i myself we’ll be a little hesitant to take him at what his adp probably we’ll be , which is a high wr2.  

Not so sure the bills have that type of passion game , plus Diggs we’ll be one of three WRs not two, and a up and coming young a talented te.  

On 3/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, weepaws said:

you should change your name to NONPPR

On 3/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Vikings4ever said:

He's a great talent, but Jesus Christ I am so focking sick of diva WRs.

It's interesting to see how the biggest divas always seem to be wide receivers and cornerbacks. 

Bills homer and a huge Diggs fan for 4 years now. He was on my championship roster last year. Problem with him is he was boom or bust. Having Thielen opposite him made for some big days for AT when SD was locked down by the opposing secondary, but because Cousins is so good and so is Thielen, and because they were a run first offense anyways, Diggs didn't get to eat every Sunday, but when he ate, boy was he a hog! 

Dabold wants to open it up, Allen wants to throw more, they are trying to push this offense in to the 21st century finally. To wit, they didn't offer much for Gordon. They have Singletary and they are happy with him, but they aren't investing anymore in the running game. Between Singletary, Allen and Yeldon, I think they have all the production they need or want at RB. 

Allen can throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. His problem to this point has been slow WR's. Smoke is great but he can't make the adjustments to get under a flier like Diggs can, and that's going to be the difference. Look for Diggs and Allen to both put up big numbers this year, if it ever starts. 

41 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

Smoke and beasely are good enough to keep secondaries honest, so Diggs gonna get it. 

Yes he is. He's on my list. Hopefully allen knows how to feed him the ball.

The issue as I see it is Josh Allen's accuracy. 56.3% completion through 28 starts in ungood… 2018 QBR of 49.8 and 2019 of 47.3 doesn't make me feel confident of drafting Diggs at his ADP either...

Looks like Diggs wr ranking is a low wr2 and that’s pretty good value. 

J Brown as a wr ranking of a high wr4 and that’s even a little better value. 

But we’ll see, those adp we’ll change a lot.  

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

The issue as I see it is Josh Allen's accuracy. 56.3% completion through 28 starts in ungood… 2018 QBR of 49.8 and 2019 of 47.3 doesn't make me feel confident of drafting Diggs at his ADP either...

Yeah but again, watch the film on Diggs. He catches inaccurate throws regularly, he makes insane adjustments on the ball, which is exactly what Josh needs. 

56 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

Yeah but again, watch the film on Diggs. He catches inaccurate throws regularly, he makes insane adjustments on the ball, which is exactly what Josh needs. 

I have no doubt that Diggs will help Allen and the Bills in real football terms. My skepticism is more about Diggs as a fantasy asset. If his ADP stays where it currently is on ffcalculator as  WR 20, then sure that seems fine. I reckon, however, his ADP will start to creep up eventually, and that for me is likely a pass.

Assuming the Bills also got back the compromising videotape and all copies. Even so still got fleeced.