Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

NFL.com reports Carolina finalizing deal with Bridgewater

Thank God for NFL free agency. Finally some sports related news worth following. 

I think most of these free agent QBs are no better than bridge QBs anyway. Brady has 1-2 seasons left at most and he’s probably cooked.

They’d be better off signing a cheap vet to hold down the fort and drafting their long term option. What kind of contract is Mariota looking at?

• Like 1

We really haven't seen enough of Teddy to know how good he can be.  He was just starting to show us something in MN before the injury, which was pretty devastating as I recall.  He looked pretty damned good filling in for Brees.  I guess Carolina thinks they can build on that.  He's still pretty young.  

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

He was just starting to show us something in MN before the injury, which was pretty devastating as I recall.  

Keenum put up numbers, Cousins put up numbers.  Bridgewater, not so much. 

A very brief time in NO is getting him paid.  We have seen that before.  Doesn't work.

1 hour ago, The Elevator Killer said:

That was my second choice for the Bucs. If Brady goes to the Chargers (which is what will probably happen) we could be looking at Shamus again. Ugh. 

I don't like Bridgewater that much.  I'm glad he's going to Carolina.  Better there than Tampa I say.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't like Bridgewater that much.  I'm glad he's going to Carolina.  Better there than Tampa I say.

Who do want to see us sign? 

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They are saying it is a deal for $60m over 3 years.  

For the money, I would have given him that and moved on from Dak.

18 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Who do want to see us sign? 

Obviously Brady is my preference, but now that Rivers is gone, I'd like to trade for Dalton.  I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Brissett either.  He only has 1 year at $15M left on his deal.  I'm willing to bet that the Colts would easily part with him for a 5th round pick.  Could use pick #14 on a QB or maybe even wait until the 2nd round... I really like the kid from Washington (Gordon?).  I'd take every one of those options over a 3 year commitment with Bridgewater.  I think he's a nice QB, but I don't think he's anything more than that.  I don't think a team can win anything of substance with him.  He can get you 9 wins... maybe 10, if everything on your team is perfect (which Carolina is not), but I don't think playoff wins would be in any teams' futures with him as the QB.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Obviously Brady is my preference, but now that Rivers is gone , I'd like to trade for Dalton.  I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Brissett either.  He only has 1 year at $15M left on his deal.  I'm willing to bet that the Colts would easily part with him for a 5th round pick.  Could use pick #14 on a QB or maybe even wait until the 2nd round... I really like the kid from Washington (Gordon?).  I'd take every one of those options over a 3 year commitment with Bridgewater.  I think he's a nice QB, but I don't think he's anything more than that.  I don't think a team can win anything of substance with him.  He can get you 9 wins... maybe 10, if everything on your team is perfect (which Carolina is not), but I don't think playoff wins would be in any teams' futures with him as the QB.

Rivers signed somewhere?   Guess I missed it. 

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

Looks like he's going to sign with the Colts. 

Thanks.  Wasn't up on ESPN when I checked.