The Elevator Killer

Bleacher Report: Brady gives verbal to sign with TB tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So Brady to bucs

bridge water to panthers

my guess is Jameis or cam end up in LA the other no idea

and Tua drops to like pick 28 cause Patriots

Or Jameis can back up Fitzmagic in Miami.....Again.

Sorry to see TB12 leave.  He was great here for 20 years.  Neither of my kids have experienced a Patriots team without him on it (I don't count 2008).  He was great for the team and great for the city.  It just wasn't going to work in the team's current configuration and with his desires to explore free agency.  

I will wish him well in Tampa as I hope that his legacy is not tarnished like an old Willie Mays.  Do people remember Michael Jordan playing for the Wizards?

I do hope that he signs for eleventy billion dollars including a portion of the team, though.   

Not sure I love this move for the Bucs. Brady is pretty much a league average starter now with no upside and maybe 2 years in the tank. He may be better than Jameis but they’re kicking the can down the road. I’d have signed a cheaper stopgap and drafted a QB.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not sure I love this move for the Bucs. Brady is pretty much a league average starter now with no upside and maybe 2 years in the tank. He may be better than Jameis but they’re kicking the can down the road. I’d have signed a cheaper stopgap and drafted a QB.

I think we will draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. Let him learn behind Brady. If it turns into a bad move it won't be the first time with a QB, but we didn't have to sell the future with a bunch of draft picks. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Whatever happens, now we have something to trash talk about. I've waited almost 2 decades for us to resume the TB/Philly trash talking. I can't wait. 

Teddy seems like a good fit in New England.  They could get Cam.  :o

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

so tom has an oral agreement?

Not to worry, he was wearing uggs

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not to worry, he was wearing uggs

he must be bringing his custom knee pads

I wonder how him and Arians will get along. Arians likes to play the parent to troubled youngsters. Brady is the opposite of that, and I'm sure Brady is much closer in philosophy to BB than Arians

The last time Brady had a WR like Evans was Moss. And Arians May have to finally come around on using the TE position for more than blocking. 

2 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I think we will draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. Let him learn behind Brady. If it turns into a bad move it won't be the first time with a QB, but we didn't have to sell the future with a bunch of draft picks. 

I agree.  I'm hoping for the kid from Washington.

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So Brady to bucs

bridge water to panthers

my guess is Jameis or cam end up in LA the other no idea

and Tua drops to like pick 28 cause Patriots

Chargers will draft either Tua or Herbert.  Tyrod Taylor will be the bridge QB.

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The last time Brady had a WR like Evans was Moss. And Arians May have to finally come around on using the TE position for more than blocking. 

The Bucs don't need to get past the Steelers to win the conference so the TE position may not be a big thing.

Browns had a great signing in TE Austin Hooper.  He's critical for them.  To beat the Steelers, you have to stop their LB pass rush.  The way you do that is to get a stud receiving TE.  There will be times where Watt will have to stop for a second and make sure Hooper is covered which will give Baker more time to throw.  And if Watt doesn't, then Hooper is wide open immediately.  Not surprised the Patriots were also very interested in Hooper since Belichick always builds his team to beat the Steelers.  As for the Ravens, the Browns are already built to beat the Ravens.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Never understood this magic formula logic. Name one example that produced as good a player as the mentor. Especially since the mentor has such a lesser amount of physical skill left when he is teaching the rookie 

ETA: Favre/Rodgers doesn’t count...

Dont understand the fit.  They cant run the ball.  And even though they are good vs the run....their defense isnt that great.

Brady shouldnt be throwing it as much as Godwin and Evans need to get theirs.  

wow, it's gonna be weird.......much like Montana in KC

28 minutes ago, nospk said:

Never understood this magic formula logic. Name one example that produced as good a player as the mentor. Especially since the mentor has such a lesser amount of physical skill left when he is teaching the rookie 

ETA: Favre/Rodgers doesn’t count...

Bledsoe/ Brady.  Warner/Eli. Montana/Young. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I wonder how him and Arians will get along. Arians likes to play the parent to troubled youngsters. Brady is the opposite of that, and I'm sure Brady is much closer in philosophy to BB than Arians

Brady needs to know right where his receivers are at all times too.  I don't know how he's going to build that trust when he can't get near them cause the 'vid.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

So you are saying the best QB in Bucs history...

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So you are saying the best QB in Bucs history...

Yes, he is basically Brad Johnson. :thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

wow, it's gonna be weird.......much like Montana in KC

Kc had a great defense and Marcus Allen 

• Like 1

Remember his last play as a Patriot?   :lol:

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

I'm definitely going to be going to a TB game this year

I said to myself if he goes to TB maybe ill take a long weekend and go see the Packers game there.  

No idea what that stadium or atmosphere is like.  Probably crappy but with Brady probably much better you would assume.

20 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I said to myself if he goes to TB maybe ill take a long weekend and go see the Packers game there.  

No idea what that stadium or atmosphere is like.  Probably crappy but with Brady probably much better you would assume.

Raymond James is ok I've been a few times for concerts but never a game. I don't really have anything to compare it to though.  I've been to the old UCF stadium, a Miami vs TB game in 08 or 09 (in Miami) when Ronnie Brown and Williams were still on the team and Bright House stadium. Raymond James is easily better than all the others I listed but none of them compare to other NFL stadiums.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bledsoe/ Brady.  Warner/Eli. Montana/Young. 

Steve Young- doesn't fit this example, Brady not really either. I wont bother and give you your boy Eli. So it happened once. Barely

7 minutes ago, nospk said:

Steve Young- doesn't fit this example, Brady not really either. I wont bother and give you your boy Eli. So it happened once. Barely

I dont care to go into the deep history of this subject....you are probably right.

But nonetheless I would much prefer my young QB sitting and watching an elite vet work than say Cam Newton or Jay Cutler.  Seems like common sense.  

It is hard to find QBs who go on to be top 5 type guys in the league.  So of course you arent always going to land that guy.  But to me it can only help.  Even a guy like Rodgers.  Favre didnt put him under his wing at all.   But he saw him work.  He saw what Favre was seeing and how he reacted.  It couldnt have hurt no matter how awkward of change at QB that was.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I dont care to go into the deep history of this subject....you are probably right.

But nonetheless I would much prefer my young QB sitting and watching an elite vet work than say Cam Newton or Jay Cutler.  Seems like common sense.  

It is hard to find QBs who go on to be top 5 type guys in the league.  So of course you arent always going to land that guy.  But to me it can only help.  Even a guy like Rodgers.  Favre didnt put him under his wing at all.   But he say him work.  He saw what Favre was seeing and how he reacted.  It couldnt have hurt no matter how awkward of change at QB that was.  

I think you are wanting that to be true because its a sound strategy but not giving the rookie stud enough credit for being good and smart to begin with. Its not like you are training a puppy or a kid

10 minutes ago, nospk said:

I think you are wanting that to be true because its a sound strategy but not giving the rookie stud enough credit for being good and smart to begin with. Its not like you are training a puppy or a kid

Most of them are below avg 1st year no matter the pedigree.  Im a start them week 1 kind if guy if they are a top 15 pick.  

Its not wanting it to be true.  Its common logic.  Being around a guy that is amongst the best in the league can only be better than being around a journeyman.  It is a common principle of sports coaching and competing.  Of course their skill and intangibles are going to matter most of all.  It is hard to find a top 5 type QB let alone back to back.  So why are you acting like this should happen at a high rate.  No one is saying it is magic beans.  

One of the things I respect about the Patriots organization is that they would rather Lose a guy with a couple of years left in the tank than over pay somebody for five years who has maybe a year or two left in the tank.

On the flip side, they're the team who is constantly finding a guy who has one good year left  and pay him a reasonable wage. Think about Corey Dillon for example.

Would love to see Brady end his career with the pats, and I'm not even a Patriots fan. But that's just not how the world works. And I'd love to see him win somewhere else, but that's not how it works. Peyton Manning was pretty much the one exception.

In alternate news, congratulations to Drew Brees. That's cool as hell.

And, not for nothing, but screw Cam Newton. I always thought he was overrated and a punk and a worthless human being. F*** him and let him die. Maybe he can hang out with that piece of s*** quarterback from the raiders that enjoyed his purple drank too much.

Still, would rather see Brady go to the West coast.

in related quarterback news, does they may think Rivers will end up somewhere else?

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

One of the things I respect about the Patriots organization is that they would rather Lose a guy with a couple of years left in the tank than over pay somebody for five years who has maybe a year or two left in the tank.

On the flip side, they're the team who is constantly finding a guy who has one good year left  and pay him a reasonable wage. Think about Corey Dillon for example.

Would love to see Brady end his career with the pats, and I'm not even a Patriots fan. But that's just not how the world works. And I'd love to see him win somewhere else, but that's not how it works. Peyton Manning was pretty much the one exception.

In alternate news, congratulations to Drew Brees. That's cool as hell.

And, not for nothing, but screw Cam Newton. I always thought he was overrated and a punk and a worthless human being. F*** him and let him die. Maybe he can hang out with that piece of s*** quarterback from the raiders that enjoyed his purple drank too much.

Still, would rather see Brady go to the West coast.

in related quarterback news, does they may think Rivers will end up somewhere else?

Rivers is signing with the Colts - 1 year $25m

I don't see Brady and the Bucs working well.

The Bucs have two excellent wrs, a te with potential, and line that is serviceable at pass blocking. They cannot run at all, and have a pretty poor defense.

In order to win, it will all be on Brady to sling it around the yard every game. Can he still do that consistently at his age? 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't see Brady and the Bucs working well.

The Bucs have two excellent wrs, a te with potential, and line that is serviceable at pass blocking. They cannot run at all, and have a pretty poor defense.

In order to win, it will all be on Brady to sling it around the yard every game. Can he still do that consistently at his age? 

All Brady needs to do is not turn it over 35 times in 16 games like Winston did. They will win enough to make playoffs.