Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Covid in your state? Up or down?

Ohio up to 67 confirmed cases...up from 50.

Good..hopefully Dewines lockdowns keep it in check

It is way up here in MA.  The concern is that it is being under-reported because not enough people are being tested.  They have announced 218 cases as of yesterday, but they think that there could be as many as 6,000 right now.  The hospitals are reporting a much larger influx of positive patients, so we could be ready to have the bloom that Seattle has had.  

Still rising and several confirmed in the shathole city I work in.  Glad Im not in position to do hands on EMS anymore.

Just now, DonS said:

That's like arguing which team is better because they had more total yards. Scoreboard, baby!!!! 

The problem is that the number of cases is the big one as it can end up being bigger.  Washington has far fewer new cases and far fewer new deaths.  It is a marathon and not a sprint.  Don't forget that the Falcons were up 28-3 at one point in the SB.  

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The problem is that the number of cases is the big one as it can end up being bigger.  Washington has far fewer new cases and far fewer new deaths.  It is a marathon and not a sprint.  Don't forget that the Falcons were up 28-3 at one point in the SB.  

What current restrictions have been put in place in MA and/or Boston? 

Inslee keeps clamping down out here.  I can guarantee that if another governor comes up with a tighter restriction then he'll follow suit. Quite surprised he hasn't already ordered to "shelter in place" like the Bay Area has. 

2 deaths in Texas.  2 - a 77 year old and a 90 year old.  The regular flu would most likely have also killed them and we never would have heard anything about it.  Just like the other 20,000 that have died of the regular flu this year.

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

That's like arguing which team is better because they had more total yards. Scoreboard, baby!!!! 

this is gonna turn into a blue vs red state.

blue states have the bigger sh;thole dem run cities, but red states have more rednecks that don't give a fock. also liberals are typically scared poosays that are cowering in a corner of their moms basement. should be a battle.

taking this to the betting thread

No offence but this topic is mute.  There is an incredible lack of testing being done in the US.  These numbers are no where near accurate.  

Any stats are 5 days behind the true infected.

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

No offence but this topic is mute.  There is an incredible lack of testing being done in the US.  These numbers are no where near accurate.  

That's why I posted deaths.  The number that really matters.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

What current restrictions have been put in place in MA and/or Boston? 

Inslee keeps clamping down out here.  I can guarantee that if another governor comes up with a tighter restriction then he'll follow suit. Quite surprised he hasn't already ordered to "shelter in place" like the Bay Area has. 

All schools have been closed since last Friday.  Bars closed on Monday.  Restaurants are take-out only since Tuesday.  No gatherings greater than 25.  

6 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

* moot

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

All schools have been closed since last Friday.  Bars closed on Monday.  Restaurants are take-out only since Tuesday.  No gatherings greater than 25.  

Pretty much the same here.  How close to Boston are you? 

* moot

:thumbsup:  (I didn't want to be that guy) 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

* moot

* soot

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

* moot

Tootche'  <_<

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Same in MD, but they dropped it from 25 to 10 for social gatherings. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is way up here in MA.  The concern is that it is being under-reported because not enough people are being tested.  They have announced 218 cases as of yesterday, but they think that there could be as many as 6,000 right now.  The hospitals are reporting a much larger influx of positive patients, so we could be ready to have the bloom that Seattle has had.  

heard a rumor a few cities are planning a lock down. Scummerville is one

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

This is the dumbest question of the day.  No stats are going down.  None

this

1 minute ago, edjr said:

heard a rumor a few cities are planning a lock down. Scummerville is one

What kind of a lockdown?  They can't keep people in their houses.  There are still a lot of essential jobs that need to be done.  The fear mongering rumors don't help anyone.  

What kind of a lockdown?  They can't keep people in their houses.  There are still a lot of essential jobs that need to be done.  The fear mongering rumors don't help anyone.  

it was called "shelter in place"

friends wife works for a town that is discussing it

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

it was called "shelter in place"

friends wife works for a town that is discussing it

That isn't a lockdown.  That is the same as what they are doing in the Bay Area.  It just tells people to stay home if you aren't essential.  They don't pull you over or ask for ID either.  

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

This for sure. The number of dead is the closest thing to reasonably accurate but infected no way.

AZ at only 27, +7.  with 0 deaths so far.  We have a relatively low Asian population which may explain the low numbers, but with all of the old people I would expect some deaths.  Hopefully it doesn't take over a retirement home/community.

CA stats as of 4 hrs ago.

My county has a "directive" to only go out if it's essential. And this probably goes without saying but I think lots of places are doing this nationwide, either purely volitionally, in respect of a directive, or in some cases with the force of law behind it.

CA is really behind on testing, even in respect of the nationwide lag, so I think our actual numbers are much more intense than it looks at this juncture.

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

No stats are going down.  None

True. Just occurred to me some might regard 'down' as a possibility right now. We're just at buckle up.

7 minutes ago, naomi said:

CA stats as of 4 hrs ago.

My county has a "directive" to only go out if it's essential. And this probably goes without saying but I think lots of places are doing this nationwide, either purely volitionally, in respect of a directive, or in some cases with the force of law behind it.

CA is really behind on testing, even in respect of the nationwide lag, so I think our actual numbers are much more intense than it looks at this juncture.

And your governor is about to run out of TP:

Wow, that's funny the gov's wife is airing that 

The store I last ordered groceries from (ecart) got my order mixed with someone else's and had us keep the incorrect items. I got extra TP. I haven't understood what is so special about it except that maybe lots of people assume this virus causes diarrhea.

Big outbreak in the Hasidic Jew population in Brooklyn. No surprise. Those are dirty, dirty people with huge families crammed together. Plus they don’t do immunization. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Big outbreak in the Hasidic Jew population in Brooklyn. No surprise. Those are dirty, dirty people with huge families crammed together. Plus they don’t do immunization. 

Hairy too.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Hairy too.

Some of those women, some, are smoking hot though.