Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Covid in your state? Up or down?

On 3/18/2020 at 12:25 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I live 30 miles NW of Boston. 

I'm in N.Andover. like a ghost town here.

2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

I'm in N.Andover. like a ghost town here.

That is white collar. I am in Tyngsboro and we have people all over. A mix of conscientious and  knuckleheads. :lol:

We also have NH next door and they don’t close anything 

Gov. Baker squashed rumors of a statewide shelter in place in mass....back channel info says 24-48 hrs & we will be in lockdown. 

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is white collar. I am in Tyngsboro and we have people all over. A mix of conscientious and  knuckleheads. :lol:

We also have NH next door and they don’t close anything 

I'm 10 minutes from plaistow so that's my out if I need anything. I need Audiowerks across from Dona's doughnuts to stay open till monday so I can pick up a bike part they are painting 😅

I expect a big jump in cases here. We are finally testing people and the spread should be increasing as well. Hard to tell which is a bigger factor at this point.

Quadrupled on Thursday. Went up another 50% Friday. Word I got through official channels is that one of our hospitals had 30 patients on ventilators (for reference, that is pretty nuts). Expect it to shoot up even more in the next day or two as tests we sent out at our hospital were taking as long as 6 days to come back and we only got our first positives in the county yesterday. 

Official numbers come out at 2pm today.

I'm estimating for Michigan:

Day 10, 03/21

#1,207.27

I will adjust my numbers if self-distancing is working. My guess is no it's not working. I stopped at the store today and I watched the two people in front of me in line touching their nose, mouth face. putting their hands on everything. The stores are packed. people are still going out, work etc... Self-distancing might work a little bit but it's not going to have the effect the government wants

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Day 10, 03/21

#1,207.27

I will adjust my numbers if self-distancing is working. My guess is no it's not working. I stopped at the store today and I watched the two people in front of me in line touching their nose, mouth face. putting their hands on everything. The stores are packed. people are still going out, work etc... Self-distancing might work a little bit but it's not going to have the effect the government wants

My son and I are in isolation. We're going back to my apt today to grab the hedgehog and cat and we will not see another human for the next 2 weeks. I work from home. He is off from school and we are in the woods...alone.  I have supplies, my rods, my kayak and a lake to feed us from if it lasts longer than expected.  And an sks with full metal jackets if someone wants to break our containment. 

The boy has seasonal asthma. He has been in the hospital for it 4 out of his 6 years and I am taking this as a threat to his life.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

My son and I are in isolation. We're going back to my apt today to grab the hedgehog and cat and we will not see another human for the next 2 weeks. I work from home. He is off from school and we are in the woods...alone.  I have supplies, my rods, my kayak and a lake to feed us from if it lasts longer than expected.  And an sks with full metal jackets if someone wants to break our containment. 

The boy has seasonal asthma. He has been in the hospital for it 4 out of his 6 years and I am taking this as a threat to his life.

Solid plan. A lot of kids at our asthma clinic that I'm a bit worried about just because they already have low lung function due to asthma (and in more than a few, other conditions secondary to being born very premature). 

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Day 10, 03/21

#1,207.27

787. But here is the thing. Almost all of these tests are coming from Wayne,Oakland,mccomb and Detroit city. The tests are not back yet for places like Jackson who has ONE listed. 1. Who worked as a probation officer...at the court house. 

Seems legit. 

22 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

787. But here is the thing. Almost all of these tests are coming from Wayne,Oakland,mccomb and Detroit city. The tests are not back yet for places like Jackson who has ONE listed. 1. Who worked as a probation officer...at the court house. 

Seems legit. 

Okay, so it seems that social distancing is having a 30% positive effect on the spread. I also think you're correct that numbers are underreported/not correct

Here is my projection for tomorrow.

Day 11 03/22 

#1211.98 Total cases

I estimate as of today there are actually  62,218 people walking around in Michigan infected and don't know it yet

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Okay, so it seems that social distancing is having a 30% positive effect on the spread. I also think you're correct that numbers are underreported/not correct

Here is my projection for tomorrow.

Day 11 03/22 

#1211.98 Total cases

I estimate as of today there are actually  62,218 people walking around in Michigan infected and don't know it yet

We have had one test come back since last sat in Jackson. Yet they are saying there is one case. 

57 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

We have had one test come back since last sat in Jackson. Yet they are saying there is one case. 

I think we both agree that is bull sh1t. When they all come back it'll look like a huge surge.

2 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Florida is over 800 now. Tampa and the surrounding county have 15. The Mayor is saying she may pass a stay at home order Monday. 

It's too late. Florida is focked

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Florida is going to be destroyed by this. The amount of old people who have retired there.

Michigan upped their woefully behind counting last night to over 800 but man we are blowing it. When the 6 day tests results come in it's gonna send people into an even bigger panic. 

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Mostly the Miami area I believe. Correction Tampa at 47. 15 was the new ones from last count. 

9 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Florida is going to be destroyed by this. The amount of old people who have retired there.

Michigan upped their woefully behind counting last night to over 800 but man we are blowing it. When the 6 day tests results come in it's gonna send people into an even bigger panic. 

The problem has been the young people. They finally had to close the beaches because they were treating it like Spring Break. 

1 minute ago, The Elevator Killer said:

The problem has been the young people. They finally had to close the beaches because they were treating it like Spring Break. 

It is spring break.  The beaches should have been closed.  Pretty easy foresight there. Was once again botched by the those that we elect.   

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is spring break.  The beaches should have been closed.  Pretty easy foresight there. Was once again botched by the those that we elect.   

Yep.  How many people in other states did the gov and all those stupid spring breakers put at risk? 

They should have closed the Florida borders along with Mexico and Canada. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I think we both agree that is bull sh1t. When they all come back it'll look like a huge surge.

This is irresponsible. This makes it appear that Jackson has one case when we have not got the results back for the 6 day tests.  It gives people a false sense of security and by the time it's updates to realtime it's gonna look like an explosion

Rumor I heard. Shelter in place for Michigan midnight tonight.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

She is probably preparing for the panic about to set in when the rest of the counties start reporting. If it takes 6 days to get the first types of tests back the first batches should be coming back tomorrow and Tuesday making it look like all these counties just exploded overnight

AZ up from 104 to 152, almost 50% in a day.  Also a 2nd death.  I don't know how much of the increase is actual growth vs. improved/increased testing.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I heard something of the sort back on Friday. F*cks me pretty good since I have a house going on the market tomorrow.

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I heard something of the sort back on Friday. F*cks me pretty good since I have a house going on the market tomorrow.

I'm building a house and planning to sell this one in the summer. Focking sucks

Up to 351...as of 14 hours ago...but compared to Michigan...Dewines policies and quick closing schools...we have 1/3rd of other similar states from first case appearance.  Now with the stay at home order...he is doing a great job.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/03/compare-coronavirus-cases-in-ohio-michigan.html

My county went from 2 to 4 cases now.  Lot's of people sick and staying home just in case.  My cousin has been home for almost a week now with a fever and sore throat and now his dad is home with pneumonia.  My son also had a fever yesterday.

Michigan is going to be told to shelter in place today at 11.  The tests that have come back so far have been the quick type and have been concentrated to 4 counties. Wayne. Mccomb,Detroit and Oakland and that's been over 1k. When the previous 6 day test results come back it's going to look like we exploded from 1k to 4800

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Michigan is going to be told to shelter in place today at 11.  The tests that have come back so far have been the quick type and have been concentrated to 4 counties. Wayne. Mccomb,Detroit and Oakland and that's been over 1k. When the previous 6 day test results come back it's going to look like we exploded from 1k to 4800

This was my original estimate

3/23/2020 #5,843.18

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My county went from 2 to 4 cases now.  Lot's of people sick and staying home just in case.  My cousin has been home for almost a week now with a fever and sore throat and now his dad is home with pneumonia.  My son also had a fever yesterday.

It seems like it might be a good time to get them to a doctor before there are more cases in your area. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It seems like it might be a good time to get them to a doctor before there are more cases in your area. 

We have to a call first.  They don't want us just going in with a fever.  Two weeks ago he also had a fever and we were told to keep him home.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We have to a call first.  They don't want us just going in with a fever.  Two weeks ago he also had a fever and we were told to keep him home.

Ok. Good luck.  

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, nospk said:

I came here to post that they are able to test more people and get faster results this week, hence the curve will be rising. Also heard from 2 totally unrelated sources with military connections that Michigan will announce the shelter in place this weekend starting Tuesday. National Guard is training now for it. Just some second hand hearsay for now...

Nailed it...shelter in place starts at midnight tonight