Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Covid in your state? Up or down?

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We have to a call first.  They don't want us just going in with a fever.  Two weeks ago he also had a fever and we were told to keep him home.

Ts n ps and hope its just a spring cold

20 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ts n ps and hope its just a spring cold

Was just home for lunch and he seems perfectly fine.  Seems like a cold with the sneezing and sniffling but he feels pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Was just home for lunch and he seems perfectly fine.  Seems like a cold with the sneezing and sniffling but he feels pretty good.

👍👍

Michigan has a website that is supposed to update every day at 2. They still have not updted.

My county is up 2 more cases for a total of 6 now.  It's not a lot overall but it's not going to stop going up for a while.

24 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Michigan has a website that is supposed to update every day at 2. They still have not updted.

Yeah that websit kinda sucks..Its too far behind

They stopped updating it all together. Way to go Michigan. Way to keep us informed when we really focking need it 

On 3/23/2020 at 7:46 AM, avoiding injuries said:

3 deaths

4 recovered 

With test results rolling in from the spike in testing, we should see a dramatic increase in positive cases... 🤔 

MD had 44 from yesterday

3 (no new fatalities)

Michigan numbers as of 9:54...

Wayne County - 638 confirmed, 8 dead

Oakland County - 329 and 4

Genesee County - 23 and 0

Macomb County - 175 and 2

Washtenaw County - 42 and 0

10 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Michigan numbers as of 9:54...

Wayne County - 638 confirmed, 8 dead

Oakland County - 329 and 4

Genesee County - 23 and 0

Macomb County - 175 and 2

Washtenaw County - 42 and 0

from where? the actual focking michigan coronavirus webstie has 1300 cases  listed.  Thats the old info. No way the amount of cases in Oakland did not go up at all in 2 days. 

Just now, kilroy69 said:

from where? the actual focking michigan coronavirus webstie has 1300 cases  listed

Johns Hopkins has a website that tracks all global cases reported. They started providing a county by county listing this week with the total case load in the US rising. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

4 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Johns Hopkins has a website that tracks all global cases reported. They started providing a county by county listing this week with the total case load in the US rising. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

ok so for reference they have jackson listed as having 1 case. The same they have had listed for a week. When I know for a fact there at 5 total cases at least. They are pulling their data from the state site. 

8 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I can't speak for Jackson. Genesee shows up as 23 cases on both sites and as of Friday there were only 4.

I'm not happy with the response of the state. 

1700 now and even that is a misleading stat as we are still seeing mostly the same counties reporting. 

We're supposed to believe it jumped from 1 to 5 total in Jackson in a week? Yea right. 

1300 to 2300 and that's not even realtime data. That's just starting to get in the backlog tests. There are probably 5k to 7k with it now. 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:39 AM, avoiding injuries said:

With test results rolling in from the spike in testing, we should see a dramatic increase in positive cases... 🤔 

MD had 44 from yesterday

3 (no new fatalities)

580 confirmed (attributed to a LOT of test results coming back)

4 deaths (+1 in last 5 days)

Dewine in ohio says ohio needs to prepare for a spike of 10k new cases a day in the next 2 weeks...he has divided the state into regions and is coordinating needs in each region..

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Any predictions when states will see a decline?

Good luck with that, we are still in the rapid climb. 

Just now, ZeroTolerance said:

Good luck with that, we are still in the rapid climb. 

I agree.  I think it's just barely begun where I live.

I'll link again the heat map which shows fever data from a network of smart thermometers.

https://healthweather.us/

They've added a "trends" tab and you'll notice that the entire country is blue, even NY, which means fever readings are decreasing.  It has been that way for about a week.  If you click on NY, Bronx, Queens counties, you'll see that after a large spike, they have decreased in the past week to such an extent that the data is back into the expected range for this time of year.  My county (Maricopa) has plummeted well below expected.

My take on this is that the social distancing etc. have had an effect such that COVID + flu for this year are < flu in past years.  As such I would not expect hospitals to be overrun in the next week.  In general if we keep this distancing up, I'm cautiously optimistic about things.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ventilators running out in metro Detroit. Flint area is quickly trending that way (and we don't even have 100 confirmed yet). 

Only one day, but hospitalizations in NY down over the last 24 hours. Cuomo says we are still 2-3 weeks away from a peak. Not sure I agree with that. Not saying the peak is here, but if it’s still 2-3 weeks away, then what good is all the social distancing? 

13 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

1,011 new confirmed patients on Saturday. 

Probably another 1500 today 

Two weeks ago we set aside one critical care unit and one step down unit for Covid positive/persons under investigation. At the start of this week we added our primary medical ICU and an ED observation unit. By tomorrow we will have three general medical/step down units, 3 intensive care units, and the observation unit for those cases, which is roughly half of the hospital. Our primary medical ICU was at max capacity with every patient on a ventilator yesterday, the latter of those being something that has not happened at any time in my 11 years here. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Two weeks ago we set aside one critical care unit and one step down unit for Covid positive/persons under investigation. At the start of this week we added our primary medical ICU and an ED observation unit. By tomorrow we will have three general medical/step down units, 3 intensive care units, and the observation unit for those cases, which is roughly half of the hospital. Our primary medical ICU was at max capacity with every patient on a ventilator yesterday, the latter of those being something that has not happened at any time in my 11 years here. 

What are you seeing as far as kids? Sorry not to sound like an uncaring bastard

30 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

What are you seeing as far as kids? Sorry not to sound like an uncaring bastard

No one hospitalized here under 18 with COVID at the moment. 

• Thanks 1