Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Free Agency/ Trades.

Foles to Bears for a 4. That Trubisky trade is officially an all time bust.  Clowney still out there. Not getting the money he thought. 

• Like 1

If Allen keeps improving with the weapons they have now (just getting Diggs) the Bills can make a run in the AFC. I’m giddy :banana:

its kinda the only thing we got going, pretty fun to follow

Brady -Tampa

Rivers- Indy

Foles- Bears

Bridgewater- Panthers

Cam-

Winston-

Keenum- Browns

Dalton-

Flacco-

crazy off-season for QB's

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

If Allen keeps improving with the weapons they have now (just getting Diggs) the Bills can make a run in the AFC. I’m giddy :banana:

I like that trade. Diggs is great at the long ball. 

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Browns are opening the checkbook...have to see where it leads...

Why did they let Schobert walk? Thought he was good. 

Pats are dumping salary.   SUCK FOR TREVOR

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Foles to Bears for a 4. That Trubisky trade is officially an all time bust.  Clowney still out there. Not getting the money he thought. 

Yeah.  The Bears whiffed on Watson and Mahomes to get to Mitchy.  

Gotta give Foles credit for the SB win, but he doesn’t strike me as the kind of franchise QB the Bears have needed for decades.  

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The AFC East might be fun to watch again. 

Bills smell blood in the water. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, edjr said:

Pats are dumping salary.   SUCK FOR TREVOR

Really?  The only surprise move that I have seen has been tagging Thuney and that was spending more than I thought they would.

- Sign Slater and McCourty - needed to keep some locker room presence and good players at their positions

- Brady walks - no surprise really

- Shelton, Van Noy, Collins, Karras depart in FA - again no surprises there

- Trade Harmon - he was a potential trade guy last year as he makes a big chunk and is really a 3rd safety.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

As a Packers fan I dont like the Foles news.  Once they realize Foles is better than Trubisky then that team becomes much better.  

Between Trubs draft and Foles free agency both are up there for recent total failures.

25 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Really?  The only surprise move that I have seen has been tagging Thuney and that was spending more than I thought they would.

- Sign Slater and McCourty - needed to keep some locker room presence and good players at their positions

- Brady walks - no surprise really

- Shelton, Van Noy, Collins, Karras depart in FA - again no surprises there

- Trade Harmon - he was a potential trade guy last year as he makes a big chunk and is really a 3rd safety.

Will be trading Thuney too

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

I'll join in the banana dance!  :banana:

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Will be trading Thuney too

I don't know about that. I think that they like him long-term.  If you have a young QB, you want to have a decent line.  There may be shakeups with guys like Hightower to get the money more in line, but I don't think they trade Thuney unless they feel that they can't keep him long-term (which is always possible). 

The big question is whether they can attract any FA's with no QB to speak of.  :dunno:

Chargers bolstering their defense with Chris Harris and Linval Joseph. Solid moves. 

Seattle signs Bruce Irvin.  Might mean they are out on Clowney.  

I am not moved either way. I am as big of a Foles believer as there is, but I don't think he is going to find it easy to run Nagys system. Nagy can't run an rpo with Foles. The Bears line isn't good and Foles is a statue. I wonder if he will realize Arob is the target who matters the most. 

Eagles trade a 3 and a 5 to Detroit for Slay. Meh.  

I like the Eagles trade for Slay. They’re desperate for CB help and a 3rd and 5th is reasonable. Think it’s a shorter term / 3 year deal too. WR and LB are urgent needs still.

I still say Chargers won't sign Cam Newton and will go with Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB after they draft QB Justin Herbert in round 1. 

1 minute ago, riversco said:

I still say Chargers won't sign Cam Newton and will go with Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB after they draft QB Justin Herbert in round 1. 

Pretty much what they said. Spent money on two more elite defenders and a solid RT in Balaga so far

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

I like the Eagles trade for Slay. They’re desperate for CB help and a 3rd and 5th is reasonable. Think it’s a shorter term / 3 year deal too. WR and LB are urgent needs still.

A pro bowler for a 3rd and 5th is a steal. People overvalue draft picks IMHO

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

In a win now mode sure.  Slay is an awfully expensive 3rd and 5th rounder if you want to look at it that way.  GMs would have an easy job if it was as easy as flipping picks for expensive talent each year.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yes and no. If you can get a legit player it can be worth it. Still teams that are built for success over the long term have plenty of cheap talent to plug into the roster. More picks means more chances at finding good players. First round picks have a higher success rate, but the busts mean paying more for a guy that doesn't contribute. 

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Don’t forget the money they are going to pay him. 

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes and no. If you can get a legit player it can be worth it. Still teams that are built for success over the long term have plenty of cheap talent to plug into the roster. More picks means more chances at finding good players. First round picks have a higher success rate, but the busts mean paying more for a guy that doesn't contribute. 

Thanks captain obvious.

57 minutes ago, riversco said:

If they hate turnovers then Taylor is their man.  Still can't believe Bills managed to get a 3rd(?) rounder for him when they traded him to CLE so that he could be the veteran to give Mayfield time to mature.  That master plan lasted about 2.5 games before he was benched. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Slay had a down year and he’s not cheap, but the Eagles has no starting caliber CBS on the roster. Now at worst they have an above average starter / at best a Pro Bowl type player.

Edit: Eagles pass rushers should give Slay a lot more help than he had in Motown too. Now a LB who can cover please!

On 3/18/2020 at 2:51 PM, vuduchile said:

The AFC East might be fun to watch again. 

Doubt it.  It'll probably be like the NFC South circa 2014 when the Panthers won the division with a 7-8-1 record.  The entire division that year won 22 games... of the other 7 divisions, the top 2 teams won at least 21.

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Gurley cut.

Going to Tampa?

Brady, Gurley, OJ Howard, Evans and Godwin on offense? 😲

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Agreed.  Eagles need a lot of secondary help, and to spend only a 3rd and 5th a excellent DB is really good.

Well, looks like Melvin Gordon focked around and cost himself millions. Not getting anywhere near the offer he turned down, missed those paychecks during his holdout and now Gurley is on the market too. Ouch. 

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Doubt it.  It'll probably be like the NFC South circa 2014 when the Panthers won the division with a 7-8-1 record.  The entire division that year won 22 games... of the other 7 divisions, the top 2 teams won at least 21.

Bills will win at least 10.  I know it sounds crazy to have that much faith in thr Bills but they have a good roster even if Allen is shaky.

Why you dont pay a RB.  Examples each year.  Gurley has dust for knees.  He needs to go to a place where his touches can be monitored.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Why you dont pay a RB.  Examples each year.  Gurley has dust for knees.  He needs to go to a place where his touches can be monitored.

He needs to go anywhere that will have him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pittsburgh went after him. Could split with Connor. He’s got injury issues as well. Better suited to a smaller role. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bills will win at least 10.  I know it sounds crazy to have that much faith in thr Bills but they have a good roster even if Allen is shaky.

I don't discount that possibility.  If I were a gambling man though, I'd bet the under.