Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Kicked out of the office

So last night I started having a sore throat, called up owner of company and I'm out of the office until Monday at the earliest.   Co-worker is loading up my computer with projects and bringing it over, but I've been effectively quarantined until Monday at the earliest.   This is the suck.    

What would you expect them to do?  They ought to quarantine you for a couple of weeks.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

What would you expect them to do?  They ought to quarantine you for a couple of weeks.

Actually nothing, I would do the same and I was expecting excactly that...it doesn't change the fact that this is the suck.   

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Actually nothing, I would do the same and I was expecting excactly that...it doesn't change the fact that is the suck.   

The question is what are you going to do? 

I asked a good friend this question last night because he has been going out like nothing is going on and he wanted to stop by my house for a drink.  I told him to fock off and go home.  I then asked him what he would do if he ended up getting it even if he only has minor symptoms since his wife is still trying to beat cancer.  Is he going to go home and possibly infect her?  Where is he going to go at that point and how is he going to feel if, by the time he has symptoms, he has already infected her.  

At least they are bringing you you're computer.  Now you have time to remove all the pron from it before you die. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The question is what are you going to do? 

I asked a good friend this question last night because he has been going out like nothing is going on and he wanted to stop by my house for a drink.  I told him to fock off and go home.  I then asked him what he would do if he ended up getting it even if he only has minor symptoms since his wife is still trying to beat cancer.  Is he going to go home and possibly infect her?  Where is he going to go at that point and how is he going to feel if, by the time he has symptoms, he has already infected her.  

What am I going to do, not a lot.

Co-worker is bringing my work computer home.  It's 100x more powerful than my computer, so I will be able to work on the major projects I was doing before I got sick.

Other than that, I suspect that during a routine visit to my doctor, I came into contact with someone who is sick-either influenza or corona(she said she was in contact with someone with corona).  I went shopping on Friday night, got everything I need for the week or 10 days, so I should be good.  IF I really need anything, I'll call the store/uber and see what kind of delivery is available.   

Friggin what was the point of all those workouts, the running, healthy eating and quitting smoking if I'm the first one to succumb virus that starts the zombie apocalypse. :(

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

What am I going to do, not a lot.

Co-worker is bringing my work computer home.  It's 100x more powerful than my computer, so I will be able to work on the major projects I was doing before I got sick.

Other than that, I suspect that during a routine visit to my doctor, I came into contact with someone who is sick-either influenza or corona(she said she was in contact with someone with corona).  I went shopping on Friday night, got everything I need for the week or 10 days, so I should be good.  IF I really need anything, I'll call the store/uber and see what kind of delivery is available.   

Friggin what was the point of all those workouts, the running, healthy eating and quitting smoking if I'm the first one to succumb virus that starts the zombie apocalypse. :(

Do you have someone to drive the pitchfork into your skull as soon as you turn into a Walker?

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do you have someone to drive the pitchfork into your skull as soon as you turn into a Walker?

No, but thx to Digby I have HT's address, so we will soon find out if he's man enough to do it.   :ninja:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

No, but thx to Digby I have HT's address, so we will soon find out if he's man enough to do it.   :ninja:

Are you going to get tested?  I mean for COVID and not STD's although both are probably appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Are you going to get tested?  I mean for COVID and not STD's although both are probably appropriate.

You know, I hadn't thought about that, figured I would just be sick.   I'll shoot an email over to my doctor and see what he recommends.   

My wife started working from home today. 

She's already reported me to HR for sexual harassment.  :angry:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

My wife started working from home today. 

She's already reported me to HR for sexual harassment.  :angry:

:doublethumbsup:

Ironically, I was kicked out of the office(ended up having a normal flu), but now I'm the only back in the office.  Everyone else is working from home, I'm working downtown.   

Our office is now officially closed until at least 4/15, although I expect it will be through April minimum.  Supposedly someone in the office tested presumptively positive so it's gonna be cleaned/disinfected top to bottom.    GF's office closed last week.  We're both WFH until further notice.