Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Choice: $1M at 50, dead at 60, or..

So what if the government decided that between social security and healthcare and all the other factors, it was actually cheaper to give a certain amount of money to 50 year olds but in exchange they would have to report for a painless easy free injection when they turn 60. Would you take that? Or would you want the worst 25 years of your life?

Make it 2 million and I get until 67 and you have a deal.  Firm offer.

The odds of science curing aging in the next 30 years is very good.  Either Generation X or Y will be the first generation that lives forever.  Hard pass on any money in exchange for death.  No sum is worth it.

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

The odds of science curing aging in the next 30 years is very good.  Either Generation X or Y will be the first generation that lives forever.  Hard pass on any money in exchange for death.  No sum is worth it.

God, that would suck.

Hard pass on immortality.

Hell, I was the only 12 year old who was trying to sign a DNR.

Yes. I have no desire to be an old man. 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

God, that would suck.

Hard pass on immortality.

Hell, I was the only 12 year old who was trying to sign a DNR.

Life is too interesting and fun to just die.  Eff that.  But to each his own I guess.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

That means working way later into life. Sounds like the suck to me

I don't anticipate anything past 60 being enjoyable anyway. I'm not likely to be in good health.

So yeah, I'd take that deal. Even better if I can get the money now at 40.

8 hours ago, riversco said:

Life is too interesting and fun to just die.  Eff that.  But to each his own I guess.

Yup, what's the point of the universe without my consciousness there to observe it?  I mean yeah, it happened from negative infinity until 1975, but it shouldn't have to happen again.  :dunno:

Lot of unhealthy people around here.  In m not saying old age would be a thrill.  Bit anything past 60? Are you kidding me? 

My grampa is 88...has slowed down quite a bit last couple years.  But he walked 18 with a push cart until he was 83.  He got up on a ladder and cleaned his gutters out a couple times a year until 83.  Still mows the lawn with a self propelled push mower.  

Yeesh, some of you live like slobs.  Im not looking forward to old age.  But I plan on being active into my 70s and hopefully 80s if not longer with technology improving.

60 might look old to many of you, but I turn 56 in 2 days.  I have kids ages 10 & 12, a wife who's 9 years younger and am looking forward to many more years with them.  

If you've been blessed with decent genetics, take care of yourself and you'll still have lots of fun past the age of 60.  

11 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Give me longevity.

No shiot.  I'll make my own money.

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

60 might look old to many of you, but I turn 56 in 2 days.  I have kids ages 10 & 12, a wife who's 9 years younger and am looking forward to many more years with them.  

If you've been blessed with decent genetics, take care of yourself and you'll still have lots of fun past the age of 60.  

That's the hard part.  I like to eat and drink.  

29 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

That's the hard part.  I like to eat and drink.  

Me too.  Just gotta do it in moderation.