Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Trump calls it Chinese Virus...i dont see the problem

Change my mind...it started in China...he isnt letting people forget...just like they try to pretend 9/11 never happened and wont show the videos anymore.  

He didn't start out calling it the Chinese Virus.  I think they pissed him off when their state-run newspapers started saying that the US caused this.

If this thing has taught me anything, it’s that I may need to rearrange my least favorite minorities list. 

We call Chinese food Chinese food. Because it came from China. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We call Chinese food Chinese food. Because it came from China. 

Actually, what we commonly call Chinese food came from California. Like AIDS and the Kardashians.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Shouldn't this thing be absolutely ravaging our friends South of the border?

I know Mexico is not tropical but CV-19 spreads slower in warmer weather it seems.

https://ei.marketwatch.com/Multimedia/2020/03/17/Photos/NS/MW-IC405_covid__20200317080502_NS.png?uuid=8806676e-6847-11ea-af5f-9c8e992d421e

Wouldn't it be ironic if we all had to go to Mexico to survive?

It will only bother me if China beats it and then refuses to send supplies to the US.

As of now, I do not care what trump calls it.

27 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Actually, what we commonly call Chinese food came from California. Like AIDS and the Kardashians.

We call it Chinese checkers. Because it comes from China. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We call it Chinese checkers. Because it comes from China. 

Despite its name, the game is not a variation of checkers, nor did it originate in China or any part of Asia (whereas the game 象棋 xiangqi, or "Chinese chess", is from China). The game was invented in Germany in 1892 under the name "Stern-Halma" as a variation of the older American game Halma.[6] The "Stern" (German for star) refers to the board's star shape (in contrast to the square board used in Halma).

The name "Chinese Checkers" originated in the United States as a marketing scheme by Bill and Jack Pressman in 1928. 

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Despite its name, the game is not a variation of checkers, nor did it originate in China or any part of Asia (whereas the game 象棋 xiangqi, or "Chinese chess", is from China). The game was invented in Germany in 1892 under the name "Stern-Halma" as a variation of the older American game Halma.[6] The "Stern" (German for star) refers to the board's star shape (in contrast to the square board used in Halma).

The name "Chinese Checkers" originated in the United States as a marketing scheme by Bill and Jack Pressman in 1928. 

Ugh. We call them Chinese handcuffs. Because they are from China. 

The Spanish Inquisition should be renamed to the Perplexing Query, so as not to hurt anyone's feelers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

The Spanish Inquisition should be renamed to the Perplexing Query, so as not to hurt amyone's feelers.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! 

The mainstream press is disgusting and is using the crisis to act as the morality police, constantly trying to find something to get offended about with regard to the situation every damn day.   Every move is scrutinized to figure out how it will / could offend some group.  A lot of it is aimed at attacking republicans too.  Totally juvenile.

29 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

at least he's not calling it the dirty commie bat eating slant eyed focktard virus :dunno:

DCBESEFV-19

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

at least he's not calling it the dirty commie bat eating slant eyed focktard virus :dunno:

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as easily.  Maybe gook flu?  Or is gook only for Vietnamese? 

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918

You are beginning to piss me off. 🤬

The Irish Potato famine. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

12 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Maybe Magic Johnson can find us a cure for the Kardashians. 

2 hours ago, riversco said:

The mainstream press is disgusting and is using the crisis to act as the morality police, constantly trying to find something to get offended about with regard to the situation every damn day.   Every move is scrutinized to figure out how it will / could offend some group.  A lot of it is aimed at attacking republicans too.  Totally juvenile.

Of course they are...  That is why they suck so much...

16 hours ago, fandandy said:

He didn't start out calling it the Chinese Virus.  I think they pissed him off when their state-run newspapers started saying that the US caused this.

Yep.  And he feels it is important to win the air war on this.

Part of me is a little concerned that some double digit IQ tough guy wannabees will assault some Asian folks.  But mostly the uproar from the MSM for what amounts to stating a fact is just the latest TDS example.

Damn it. I guess I'm going to have to start calling my Venetian blinds Italian window treatments.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep.  And he feels it is important to win the air war on this.

Part of me is a little concerned that some double digit IQ tough guy wannabees will assault some Asian folks.  But mostly the uproar from the MSM for what amounts to stating a fact is just the latest TDS example.

I think he wants to make sure the Chinese can't change the narrative on where it started.  I mean, look at all the people believing the narratives that Trump didn't do anything despite him being in front of this more than any other country, that he blew up a Pandemic task force in the White House, and numerous other lies.  Unless he sticks up for himself the media and the libs push absolute falsehoods intended to harm him and.  In this case the Chinese want to minimize how much they're considered at fault.  They want to be a victim of the virus, not the source. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well them Oreentals managed to do what them A-rabs couldn't.

Build rail roads in the western US?

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I think he wants to make sure the Chinese can't change the narrative on where it started.  I mean, look at all the people believing the narratives that Trump didn't do anything despite him being in front of this more than any other country, that he blew up a Pandemic task force in the White House, and numerous other lies.  Unless he sticks up for himself the media and the libs push absolute falsehoods intended to harm him and.  In this case the Chinese want to minimize how much they're considered at fault.  They want to be a victim of the virus, not the source. 

Can't imagine why Trump would keep saying it comes from China when they're being so forthright:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8130933/Chinas-leading-medical-advisor-denies-coronavirus-originates-Wuhan.html

Do I have this correct?

When China flu started spreading across the globe 

-Democrats were busy trying to impeach the president for crimes committed by Joe Bidden and his son.

When Trump stopped flights from China

-Democrats said that was racist and it would raise tensions between our two countries.

Trump and the pandemic team hold a press conference

-Democrats lied about the pandemic team being fired

-Democrats cried about the color of people's skin and that it wasn't diverse enough.

Trump stop flights from the EU because they didn't take the virus seriously.

-Democrats said Trump was being racist and abandoning our allies.

Trump tries to assure the public and prevent panic

-Democrats and their media propaganda say he's not taking the virus seriously

China tries to deflect responsibility and Trump rightfully keeps the spotlight on them

-Democrats say it's racist and won't someone think of the poor-poor Chinese?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Do I have this correct?

When China flu started spreading across the globe 

-Democrats were busy trying to impeach the president for crimes committed by Joe Bidden and his son.

When Trump stopped flights from China

-Democrats said that was racist and it would raise tensions between our two countries.

Trump and the pandemic team hold a press conference

-Democrats lied about the pandemic team being fired

-Democrats cried about the color of people's skin and that it wasn't diverse enough.

Trump stop flights from the EU because they didn't take the virus seriously.

-Democrats said Trump was being racist and abandoning our allies.

Trump tries to assure the public and prevent panic

-Democrats and their media propaganda say he's not taking the virus seriously

China tries to deflect responsibility and Trump rightfully keeps the spotlight on them

-Democrats say it's racist and won't someone think of the poor-poor Chinese?

Trump closed the borders

-Democrats and the media claim it’s to push his racist agenda

Mexico and Canada close their borders

-Democrats and media praise them for preventing the spread of the Chinese Virus

Do you get to feeling c-dub cut and pasted from Facebook?

and again, if Trump had started off with we need to build a wall and restrict immigration due to infectious disease vector possibilities this be a whole different conversation.

But the reality is, while Trump was busy calling Mexicans thugs and rapists and gang members etcetera, he was unilaterally allowing Chinese to fly in and do the same thing with anchor babies throughout the west coast. And guess who's getting hit the hardest?

this isn't revisionism. People were talking about that long before any of this crap went down. Just because you build a wall, what about all the chase flying in and buying condos and squirting out anchor babies right and left? when you let One race do the same thing as another race that you criminalize for doing that? That's pretty much racist. Even coming from me.

and now we find out that the intelligence community that Trump derided and mostly fired had warned him months ago about what was coming. Fantastic. No wonder he has the lowest ratings.

• Like 1