Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

Malaria Drug Shows Promise against Corona. Available immediately.

Drug companies don't want this. They want to be able to develop a new one and charge out the ass for it.

Trump’s Embrace of Unproven Drugs to Treat Coronavirus Defies Science

Doctors and patients also worry that the president’s rosy outlook for the treatments will exacerbate shortages of old malaria drugs relied on by patients with lupus and other debilitating conditions.

-----------

This is the NYTimes headline covering the same story. I'm not providing a link because fock the NYTimes and fock this story, I didn't read it. I just want to talk about their spin. A$$holes. 

At least this next one is clearly labeled opinion.

---------------------

Jennifer Senior

Call Trump’s News Conferences What They Are: Propaganda

-------------------

Insufferable sh*tbags.

We joked that if Trump discovered a cure for cancer (or if a cure for cancer was discovered while Trump was in office), he would be criticized. 
Well, this is probably as close to proving that as we are going to get. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Doctors and patients also worry that the president’s rosy outlook for the treatments will exacerbate shortages of old malaria drugs relied on by patients with lupus and other debilitating conditions.

-----------

This is the NYTimes headline covering the same story. I'm not providing a link because fock the NYTimes and fock this story, I didn't read it. I just want to talk about their spin. A$$holes. 

---------------------

Jennifer Senior

-------------------

Insufferable sh*tbags.

No worries Volty. Time won't be kind to this story, just like all the other lib propaganda that dies on the vine and is suddenly forgotten about. We can revisit it in 2 weeks. It will be rancid.

57 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

-----------

---------------------

Jennifer Senior

-------------------

Insufferable sh*tbags.

I posted this video in the doomsday thread showing the couple of minutes prior to President Trump lashing out at the reporter.Everything else I've seen is only focusing on the President calling out the reporter not what led up to it.

• Thanks 2

Bloomberg has gone all in on fear mongering:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-20/virus-drug-touted-by-trump-musk-can-kill-with-just-two-grams

The drug touted by the U.S. President Donald Trump as a possible line of treatment against the coronavirus comes with severe warnings in China and can kill in dosages as little as two grams.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug?srnd=premium-europe

Nigeria reported two cases of chloroquine poisoning after U.S. President Donald Trump praised the anti-malaria drug as a treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Health officials are warning Nigerians against self-medicating after demand for the drug surged in Lagos, a city that’s home to 20 million people. Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses

1. the malaria drug has been FDA approved for 50+ years

2. 2 grams of most drugs will put you in the hospital or possibly kill you

3. nobody is recommending taking these drugs without a doctor's prescription/advice/recommendation

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nzoner said:

Daaaaaaamn. Trump destroyed that soi boi faggit. I imagine these gotcha "hope Americans die" questions play well to the shrinking TDS crowd, but to regular Americans looking for action and progress they just come across as beyond petty.

1 hour ago, Intense Observer said:

Bloomberg has gone all in on fear mongering:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-20/virus-drug-touted-by-trump-musk-can-kill-with-just-two-grams

The drug touted by the U.S. President Donald Trump as a possible line of treatment against the coronavirus comes with severe warnings in China and can kill in dosages as little as two grams.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-21/nigeria-reports-chloroquine-poisonings-after-trump-praised-drug?srnd=premium-europe

Nigeria reported two cases of chloroquine poisoning after U.S. President Donald Trump praised the anti-malaria drug as a treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Health officials are warning Nigerians against self-medicating after demand for the drug surged in Lagos, a city that’s home to 20 million people. Two people were hospitalized in Lagos for chloroquine overdoses

1. the malaria drug has been FDA approved for 50+ years

2. 2 grams of most drugs will put you in the hospital or possibly kill you

3. nobody is recommending taking these drugs without a doctor's prescription/advice/recommendation

They had to go all the way to Nigeria?  :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

They had to go all the way to Nigeria?  :lol:

They need this thing to drag out quite a bit longer, so whatever it takes.

2 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Daaaaaaamn. Trump destroyed that soi boi faggit. I imagine these gotcha "hope Americans die" questions play well to the shrinking TDS crowd, but to regular Americans looking for action and progress they just come across as beyond petty.

Even when Democrat Governors praise Trump, the media still finds a way to criticize. Hopefully this opens some people’s eyes that have been holding on to faith in the media.   

45 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Even when Democrat Governors praise Trump, the media still finds a way to criticize. Hopefully this opens some people’s eyes that have been holding on to faith in the media.   

Cuomo has no time for BS and spin as do any governor be they D or R. When your constituents are getting infected and dying in larger numbers, you try things that seem effective, Cuomo's New York particularly as they are being hit harder than anywhere else in the country. Of course he'll try anything. As President, Trump has the same problem at a national level.

And every time Trump mentions it, he's careful to say that it's wait and see and he's hoping for positive results. That's at least repeated a half dozen times.

Hey. You remember that time the same company that is trying to offload the malaria drug also knowingly sold hemophilia drugs to Latin American and Asian countries....that were infected with HIV? 

Yeaaaaa....that's a thing. Instead of being humans they said...you knowwwww what we could do with all these drugs that have HIV instead of destroying them? Let's sell it for a "discount" to some poor people. 

So your saying a company knowingly infected Latin Americans with drugs that somehow would give them HIV?  Is that what your claiming?

Those same drugs that probably cost them about 10 cents a dose to make?  

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

So your saying a company knowingly infected Latin Americans with drugs that somehow would give them HIV?  Is that what your claiming?

Those same drugs that probably cost them about 10 cents a dose to make?  

Sorry. You say claiming like it didn't happen and they didn't pay out for it. I am confused. 

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Sorry. You say claiming like it didn't happen and they didn't pay out for it. I am confused. 

You're implying they did it intentionally.  I find that hard to believe.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

You're implying they did it intentionally.  I find that hard to believe.

When Bayer's Cutter Laboratories realized that their blood products, Factor VIII and IX or antihemophiliac factor (AHF), were contaminated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the financial investment in the product was considered too high to destroy the inventory. Cutter misrepresented the results of its own research and sold the contaminated AHF to overseas markets in Asia and Latin America without the precaution of heat treating the product recommended for eliminating the risk. As a consequence, hemophiliacs who infused the HIV-contaminated Factor VIII and IX tested positive for HIV and developed AIDS.

they were part of a group that paid out 660 million bucks to 6k people in 1997. There is absolutely no implying They did it. 

Is that Bayer's interpretation of events or yours?  If so, how is the company still in business?

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

Is that Bayer's interpretation of events or yours?  If so, how is the company still in business?

I mean would you take the national center for biotechnology informations word for it?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24785997/

How about an AP news story?

https://apnews.com/d8fc14222b6fd8f004ae6c4aaa45a2ec

Wikipedia?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_haemophilia_blood_products

I wouldn't take Wikipedia's and the media's word for shìt.  Never heard of the other guys.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wouldn't take Wikipedia's and the media's word for shìt.  Never heard of the other guys.

You've never heard of the Associated Press?  :wacko:

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

I mean this is not a conspiracy theory of mine. This is a known fact. Look up Bayer hemophilia and you can pick your choice of stories about how they knowingly did this. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

You've never heard of the Associated Press?  :wacko:

AP is the media.  Not the scientific guys.

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I mean this is not a conspiracy theory of mine. This is a known fact. Look up Bayer hemophilia and you can pick your choice of stories about how they knowingly did this. 

I guess I just don't see how you can infect thousands of people with HIV and still be in business.  

Dude. It's mind boggling. It was absolutely without question done on purpose for profit. 

16 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

This deserves more praise. 

Yep. It was a good one.