Sign in to follow this  
The Elevator Killer

Malaria Drug Shows Promise against Corona. Available immediately.

Has anybody seen any news on this? This is the big update that I want to hear about. (me and 99% of planet earth, there may be some tribes in the jungles of Borneo that are the outlier).

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Has anybody seen any news on this? This is the big update that I want to hear about. (me and 99% of planet earth, there may be some tribes in the jungles of Borneo that are the outlier).

https://www.foxnews.com/category/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus

France released a study that says the combo of this drug and antibiotics reduces the severity and shortens the time you have it. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Cnn blaming Trump for 3 Nigerians who OD'd on quinine.  For chrissakes...can they give it a rest?

Honestly, no. No they can’t. 

So I bring the family together to watch TEK's link above since I think it's massively important and my wife records it to share it with her friends on Chinese social media. Then when we're done, she checks the official government reports, nothing, and changes her mind and doesn't want to post it. She says she doesn't want to get in trouble.

I dunno what to say.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

So I bring the family together to watch TEK's link above since I think it's massively important and my wife records it to share it with her friends on Chinese social media. Then when we're done, she checks the official government reports, nothing, and changes her mind and doesn't want to post it. She says she doesn't want to get in trouble.

I dunno what to say.

I would trust her instincts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

New York is about to start clinical trials on it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/03/22/new-york-to-begin-clinical-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/#611912b14203

34 minutes ago, Strike said:

But those poor nigerians.  :(

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

But those poor nigerians.  :(

IIRC they took like 4 times the normal prescribed dosage (2000 mg. vs normal 500) and didn't have a prescription. 

:dunno:

Just now, Strike said:

IIRC they took like 4 times the normal prescribed dosage (2000 mg. vs normal 500) and didn't have a prescription. 

:dunno:

I heard they were free basing them.  🥄

Nigerians? It wasn’t a prince, was it? I have some business I’m waiting to hear about from one. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nigerians? It wasn’t a prince, was it? I have some business I’m waiting to hear about from one. 

Yeah, so about that, a prince just died and the heir needs your help to use your bank account to funnel $50 million out of the country.  I can help with facilitating the transaction for a small fee.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I believe they were friends of Jessie Smollett. 

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Yeah, so about that, a prince just died and the heir needs your help to use your bank account to funnel $50 million out of the country.  I can help with facilitating the transaction for a small fee.

In. Hit me up on the PM. 

Any of our NY geeks have an update on how it's working there?

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Any of our NY geeks have an update on how it's working there?

Just started 2 days ago. 1100 people. 

17 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and none dead yet?  I mean this is the same as fish tank cleaner, we need to blame Trump!

What do you mean? They have almost 1000 dead in New York. 

5 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Not sure of the efficacy but the FDA issued emergency authorization so that it can be used in patients who don't have access to clinical trial and when appropriate.  Companies donating a couple million to the national stockpile.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/29/fda-emergency-authorization-anti-malaria-drug-155095

The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.

First sentence in the article, is anybody else focking disgusted by this whole thing? People's attitude toward things that might put Trump in a positive light. I couldn't be more ashamed of the way people and the media have acted during this entire thing. Absolutely disgusting.

10 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Not sure of the efficacy but the FDA issued emergency authorization so that it can be used in patients who don't have access to clinical trial and when appropriate.  Companies donating a couple million to the national stockpile.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/29/fda-emergency-authorization-anti-malaria-drug-155095

Did you get your new vagina hat with Bernie's signature yet, or are you still wearing the one with hillary's pre-stamped signature? Or maybe you really spent, and got an ashley judd leaked bloody tampon version. That would be epic. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just started 2 days ago. 1100 people. 

Thanks.  I thought they started back on Tuesday. 

11 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

What about the fish lives? :mad:

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

of the ones that started the trial, have any died?

Haven’t seen any data yet on that. I guess they will keep it close to the vest because it won’t be a clinical trial.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Haven’t seen any data yet on that. I guess they will keep it close to the vest because it won’t be a clinical trial.

I wonder if someone does die, is it cause it didnt work on that person or cause the drug made it worse?  How would we know

5 hours ago, Reality said:

The drugs have been championed by President Donald Trump for treatment despite scant evidence.

First sentence in the article, is anybody else focking disgusted by this whole thing? People's attitude toward things that might put Trump in a positive light. I couldn't be more ashamed of the way people and the media have acted during this entire thing. Absolutely disgusting.

I watched that press conference personally. Every time he spoke of it, which was at least a dozen times, every phrase out of Trump's mouth regarding the medication was some variation of "maybe," "we hope," "we're still waiting for the evidence," "I have a good feeling but who knows until the facts come in" .

And Dr. Fauci was right there saying the same d@mn things as well "It shows promise" "I'd like to see the results before we reach a conclusion"

The media bullsh*t lying/spin is unreal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Per POLITICO: Career scientists have been skeptical of the effort, noting the lack of data on the drug’s efficacy for coronavirus care and worried that it would siphon medication away from patients who need it for other conditions, calling instead for the agency to pursue its usual clinical trials.

Who are these "career scientists"?  Now you libs should be beginning to see why the far left media is the enemy of all of us.  

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I watched that press conference personally. Every time he spoke of it, which was at least a dozen times, every phrase out of Trump's mouth regarding the medication was some variation of "maybe," "we hope," "we're still waiting for the evidence," "I have a good feeling but who knows until the facts come in" .

And Dr. Fauci was right there saying the same d@mn things as well "It shows promise" "I'd like to see the results before we reach a conclusion"

The media bullsh*t lying/spin is unreal.

I saw it live too.  I generally hate listening to him speak and am often ashamed he's the best leader we could come up with.  That aside, I do appreciate most of what he's done and is trying to do for the country.  

In this case, the reporter jumped down his throat, accusing him of giving the public false hope.  I thought Trump responded very well under the circumstances.  This little war with the press is nothing new but it's still pretty crazy watching it play out.  

I haven't watched all of yesterday's briefing yet.  But I did catch the CNN talking heads commending their reporter for standing up to Trump regarding his comments about being appreciated.  The whole thing is pathetic.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/29/trump_blasts_cnn_reporter_after_knowing_the_truth_for_days_now_you_bring_up_the_old_lies.html

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Such full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome will never be seen in a more concentrated form. The person who wrote that is clearly rooting for the drug to fail. If hundreds of thousands of people have their lives saved by this drug cocktail, it would break this poor author's heart. Death, however, will put a smile on his face.

Oh my God, the pent up joy to eviscerate Trump should this drug cocktail not work is utterly palpable. Such euphoria ready to be unleashed if people take this medicine and it doesn't help them and they die. On the other hand, if the follow up story were something like "everyone who took it got cured" the author would be sitting on a sofa, staring into a corner, babbling uncontrollably to himself, totally frozen and unable to type.

It's like the Grinch writing about the evils of Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Such full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome will never be seen in a more concentrated form. The person who wrote that is clearly rooting for the drug to fail. If hundreds of thousands of people have their lives saved by this drug cocktail, it would break this poor author's heart. Death, however, will put a smile on his face.

Oh my God, the pent up joy to eviscerate Trump should this drug cocktail not work is utterly palpable. Such euphoria ready to be unleashed if people take this medicine and it doesn't help them and they die. On the other hand, if the follow up story were something like "everyone who took it got cured" the author would be sitting on a sofa, staring into a corner, babbling uncontrollably to himself, totally frozen and unable to type.

It's like the Grinch writing about the evils of Christmas.

It's disappointing and outright disgusting.

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's disappointing and outright disgusting.

Thoroughly.  The press has turned a pandemic into a character assassination.  Ask real questions about the virus so you can deliver real information to the public. Talk about gross delinquency of duty. 

University of Minnesota is running a chloroquine trial....but the feds aren't funding it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/28/health/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trial/index.html

And within that link, it's telling that the lab Fauci runs....isn't studying chloroquine as a potential treatment.

With regard to the sh!tshow that is the daily Presidential briefings....Trump said on Thursday in an interview with Hannity:

"I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they're going to need," the president said. "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have two ventilators. Now all of a sudden they're saying can we order 30,000 ventilators."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-hannity-coronavirus-ventilators-new-york-30000/

He was asked about it at the briefing yesterday:

Yamiche Alcindor: (45:35)
Thank you, Mr. President. I have two questions. The first is you’ve said repeatedly that you think that some of the equipment that governors are requesting they don’t actually need. You said New York might not need 30,000-

Donald Trump: (45:46)
I didn’t say that.

Yamiche Alcindor: (45:47)
You said it on Sean Hannity’s Fox News. You said that you might-

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-task-force-briefing-transcript-march-29-trump-extends-task-force-guidelines-to-april-30

And on Friday, he stated he wanted Governors to be appreciative of him:

Donald Trump: (26:32)
All I want them to do, very simple, I want them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job, and I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Mike Pence, the Task Force, I’m talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers. There’s no country in the world could have done what the Army Corps of Engineers has done and is doing. Now they’re going in and building literal… They’re going into hotels and renovating hotels. That should be for governors to do. That should be for states to do.

Donald Trump: (27:04)
We have the Army Corps of Engineers so teed up and so stocked up and they’re really psyched and they’re incredible, and there’s no games with these people. They’re in there screaming, “Get it done, get it done.” There’s not sitting around taking it easy. These are workers. These are incredible people. So I think the Army Corps of Engineers… When somebody for political reasons wants to blame, I view that as blaming these incredible people. Nobody’s ever seen it. I don’t know if you’ve been to the Javits Center.

Speaker 5: (27:32)
Yes.

Donald Trump: (27:32)
Now, I’ve seen it. I would love to go there, but with all that we’re doing, we will be tomorrow at the hospital. We have this incredible hospital boat. It was supposed to be ready in three and a half weeks, because it’s under maintenance, a big maintenance contract. We were able to get it done quickly. We were able to stock it up to the top and it’s leaving tomorrow at 2:00. It’s leaving Virginia. It’ll be in New York on Monday, weeks ahead of schedule. I think things, even the media, I think the media and governors should appreciate it.

Donald Trump: (28:05)
And I have to say, the media has been pretty good and the governors have been really good, except for a couple. And with them, it’s just political. “How’s Trump doing?” “Oh, well, I don’t know.” Because we have done a job the likes of which nobody’s seen.

Speaker 5: (28:20)
So, it’s the words they’re saying that you’re concerned about? It’s not that they’re-

Donald Trump: (28:22)
I think they should be appreciative. Because you know what? When they’re not appreciative to me, they’re not appreciative to the Army Corps, they’re not appreciative to FEMA, it’s not right. These people are incredible. They’re working 24 hours a day. I mean, Mike Pence, I don’t think he sleeps anymore. These are people that should be appreciated. He calls all the governors. I tell him… I mean, I’m a different type of person. I say, “Mike, don’t call the Governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.” It doesn’t make any difference what happens-

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-task-force-briefing-transcript-march-27-trump-says-michigan-and-washington-governors-not-appreciative

When pressed on Sunday about that exchange:

Speaker 22: (01:10:03)
Thank you, sir. I’d also like to ask you about some comments you made on Friday. You were talking about governors of different states and you said, “I want them to be appreciative.” You also said if they don’t treat you right-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:13)
I didn’t say that [crosstalk 01:10:13]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:13)
I don’t call-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:15)
I didn’t say that [crosstalk 01:10:15]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:15)
These are direct-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:15)
No [crosstalk 01:10:15] it’s such a [crosstalk 01:10:15]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:15)
Direct quotes, sir.

President Donald Trump: (01:10:16)
Excuse me, are you ready? Ready? Ready? Take a look at what I said. I want them to be appreciative of me, and then you cut it off because it’s fake news, CNN [crosstalk 01:10:26]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:26)
You and of your administration, absolutely [crosstalk 01:10:27]-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:27)
Please, please, let me just finish. You just said it again and you know the answer’s a lie. You know that [crosstalk 01:10:32]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:32)
I could read you your full comments, sir [crosstalk 01:10:34]-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:34)
Let me just [crosstalk 01:10:35] say [crosstalk 01:10:35]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:35)
If that would be easier.

President Donald Trump: (01:10:35)
Your statement and your response and your answer is a lie because here’s the story. Are you ready? I said, “I want you to be appreciative of me”, and then you go on and then I go on and you cut it off, but it says [crosstalk 01:10:46]-

Speaker 22: (01:10:46)
You said, “I want [crosstalk 01:10:47] them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job, and I’m not talking about me, I’m talking about Mike Pence, the task force. I’m talking about FEMA [crosstalk 01:10:56]-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:56)
Thank you.

Speaker 22: (01:10:56)
The Army Corps of Engineers-

President Donald Trump: (01:10:57)
Thank you.

Speaker 22: (01:10:58)
But then you went on to say, “If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call. He’s a different type of person”, you said [crosstalk 01:11:02]-

President Donald Trump: (01:11:02)
I don’t call [crosstalk 01:11:03]-

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-task-force-briefing-transcript-march-29-trump-extends-task-force-guidelines-to-april-30

But...but....but.... :cry:

40 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Thoroughly.  The press has turned a pandemic into a character assassination.  Ask real questions about the virus so you can deliver real information to the public. Talk about gross delinquency of duty. 

Trump was on Twitter yesterday praising the ratings for his briefings.....during a pandemic.  

Who needs a violin when you have a cell phone.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

Looks like someone is getting his feewings hurted by mean Orange Man.

Having someone or something to blame is important for many people.  It's their coping mechanism.

Much like the rest of Trumps presidency, I choose to focus on what he does, not so much what he says.  He doesn’t always say the best things. But he does do a lot of smart things. The travel ban being a great example. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Trump was on Twitter yesterday praising the ratings for his briefings.....during a pandemic.  

If the press was the least bit interested in the facts of Covid 19, Trump would look bad.  They aren't.  He doesn't.  :dunno:

39 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

That's good, because people are getting the truth like how well this drug seems to be working.