fandandy

COVID-19 Rumor Thread

So far today I have heard that our local Budweiser beer distributor is no longer delivering after today.  Two customers told me this.  Saw it on the facebook.  I called our sales rep and she hadn't heard but didn't give a solid yes or no.  After work tonight my uncle called who has a grocery store up north and said he's heard that tomorrow at noon they are shutting down all the stores except for like Meijer's and Walmart.

What kind of CV related rumors are you guys hearing?

Just now, fandandy said:

So far today I have heard that our local Budweiser beer distributor is no longer delivering after today.  Two customers told me this.  Saw it on the facebook.  I called our sales rep and she hadn't heard but didn't give a solid yes or no.  After work tonight my uncle called who has a grocery store up north and said he's heard that tomorrow at noon they are shutting down all the stores except for like Meijer's and Walmart.

What kind of CV related rumors are you guys hearing?

Your mom is dropping her prices during this pandemic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I heard that Marcus Smart got it and he's going to donate his eyes to Stevie Wonder.

I heard a rumor today that everyone is going to get robbed for their groceries coming out of the store.  So be ready.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I heard a rumor today that everyone is going to get robbed for their groceries coming out of the store.  So be ready.

The best part of social distancing is that you can legally punch someone if they get too close. I was in line at the butcher shop today when the person behind me in line was right up my butt. I turned and punched them right in the face. Knocked him off his wheelchair too. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Your mom is dropping her prices during this pandemic.

That’s ridiculous.

Nobody who focks fandaddy’s mom is worried about catching anything. :nono: 

• Haha 1

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

There are like nine different military bases here.  There has been a steady stream of vehicles and aircraft heading towards Cheyenne mountain. I'm just saying.

It's not true, but it's a hell of a rumor.

Morons saying it’ all a hoax so dems could get rid of Trump.

Morons saying it’s all a hoax so reps could make Trump look good. 

Morons saying it’s because of 5g cell towers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I heard I should practice social distancing but if I stay away from Chinese people I’m racist. 

The "marshall law" rumor must be a FB virus, because everyone who goes there starts talking about it.  Without knowing what it is, of course.

This guy makes so much sense.

15 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I haven't watched this yet but it is extremely fishy how China thus far has had less than 100,000 infections in a country of 1.4 billion and states like California are bracing for 25 million infections and countries like Germany telling their populace to expect a 70% infection rate.  What in the fock?  It's like it was created to NOT infect Chinese ppl.  Something ain't adding up.

I heard a rumor that all these rumors we're hearing are all coming out of the Carolinas.  Asheville seems to be ground zero for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Tucker Carlson, way before this virus hit, has been pointing out how we were sold out to China,  by all sides. I suggest watching at least his segments on. China. He names names, and not just libs. 

Russia borders China - how do they only have 200 reported cases and we 7 trillion?

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Russia borders China - how do they only have 200 reported cases and we 7 trillion?

I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Russia, but maybe they're not testing

24 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

They border each other in Eastern bumfock Russia though. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tucker Carlson, way before this virus hit, has been pointing out how we were sold out to China,  by all sides. I suggest watching at least his segments on. China. He names names, and not just libs. 

Went back and watched three episodes from '18,'19 and '20 on YouTube.Very interesting,thanks for the heads up.

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I heard I should practice social distancing but if I stay away from Chinese people I’m racist. 

Only if you spray them with Febreeze. 

Shelter in place announcements to start, Maryland will announce today., others were going to before today but have been delaying 

Just now, RLLD said:

Shelter in place announcements to start, Maryland will announce today., others were going to before today but have been delaying 

'sup deep throat?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Is this your big news from a couple days ago?  If so,  meh.

21 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Is this your big news from a couple days ago?  If so,  meh.

Yes, it’s being hotly debated up the chain to include the president right now, in fact the gov of md just got browbeaten in to delaying until Sunday, once one gov does it the majority of them will start to announce, once it gets out toehold will go crazy at the stores and gas stations etc

Do with it what you will, don’t care if you believe it or not, have fun 

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Do with it what you will, don’t care if you believe it or not, have fun 

Why would Maryland somehow be more of a catalyst than California who made the announcement yesterday?  Shelter in place doesn't mean that everything shuts down.  Grocery stores and gas stations will still be open afterwards.  Restaurants will still have takeout.  Pharmacies will still be open.  They just need to keep the knuckleheads from congregating.  

I'm on the exempt list because I man the fryer, and I can tell you that there is no difference between now and before the Safer at Home Order.  Traffic was already about 30% of what it was.  It's about the same still.

17 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Why would Maryland somehow be more of a catalyst than California who made the announcement yesterday?  Shelter in place doesn't mean that everything shuts down.  Grocery stores and gas stations will still be open afterwards.  Restaurants will still have takeout.  Pharmacies will still be open.  They just need to keep the knuckleheads from congregating.  

I don’t believe they would be, reason in this environment is proving to be tough to find, I just know what I am hearing and seeing

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I don’t believe they would be, reason in this environment is proving to be tough to find, I just know what I am hearing and seeing

That is not Earthshattering.  Both CA and NY have done it already.  That is about 25% of our population right there.  I would expect that many states will be this way in the next couple of days.  

OLD NEWS,

PA has shut down all non life essential businesses already.  I just got back from fishing with my boy.  Grabbed KFC Togo for lunch.  Shelter in place is a scare tactic for pvssies.

24 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

OLD NEWS,

PA has shut down all non life essential businesses already.  I just got back from fishing with my boy.  Grabbed KFC Togo for lunch.  Shelter in place is a scare tactic for pvssies.

Yep

36 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

OLD NEWS,

Can you imagine the violence at Popeyes now? 

Today's rumor:  A customer just came in whose sister he says works for Homeland Security and as soon as they are all in place they are shutting the whole country down. 

9 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Today's rumor:  A customer just came in whose sister he says works for Homeland Security and as soon as they are all in place they are shutting the whole country down. 

You forgot to add forever.