TimmySmith

Golf these days

12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This has potential.  No crowds, no caddies, just 2 players and some cameramen.  Mic each player so we can hear it all. 

Play by Play and Color can be separate.  Could probably do it from home.  

Players can stand on opposite sides of the tee box and stay off the green until the other guy is done.  

Designate one guy to rake the bunkers and pull all the pins as needed?

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This has potential.  No crowds, no caddies, just 2 players and some cameramen.  Mic each player so we can hear it all. 

Play by Play and Color can be separate.  Could probably do it from home.  

Players can stand on opposite sides of the tee box and stay off the green until the other guy is done.  

Designate one guy to rake the bunkers and pull all the pins as needed?

I was thinking the same thing.  I love when athletes are miked up.  It's one of my favorite features of the XFL.  I really thing it would get huge ratings as long as it's easily accessible to people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I love when athletes are miked up.  It's one of my favorite features of the XFL.  I really thing it would get huge ratings as long as it's easily accessible to people.

You could turn it into a weekly event.  Top players who live within a reasonable driving distance pick a course and go play it, heads up.  Side bets allowed. 

Use local cameramen.  No flying and no hotels needed.  Everybody goes home at the end of the day, do it again the following Sunday.   They'd make plenty of money off the TV rights to make this worthwhile for everyone involved.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

You could turn it into a weekly event.  Top players who live within a reasonable driving distance pick a course and go play it, heads up.  Side bets allowed. 

Use local cameramen.  No flying and no hotels needed.  Everybody goes home at the end of the day, do it again the following Sunday.   They'd make plenty of money off the TV rights to make this worthwhile for everyone involved.  

Love it!

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Love it!

Hell, the world is so starved for live sports right now, I could probably do this with the top 2 HS players in the area,  go live on FB and make a killing.  

You might be able to make Tennis work too.  No crowds, just 2 players, camera crew and Ump.  They're far enough away.  Could each person be tested beforehand?

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Hell, the world is so starved for live sports right now, I could probably do this with the top 2 HS players in the area,  go live on FB and make a killing.  

Definitely.  The odds makers would get busy right away.

Special day for Cruzer (played Cross Timbers, CBF knows):

Hit 15 greens, 3 birds, 2 bogeys.....-1, 71. 

Paid out $360 to boot....... The Corona was no match 2day. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Very nice round. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Fock off.  360 times. Seriously. 

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, vuduchile said:

Color can be separate. 

:nono:

On 3/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, vuduchile said:

Could each person be tested beforehand?

They should test backhand too. 

• Like 1

Finally got out last Friday, hadn't played a round since September.  Rolling Hills CC, Southern Indiana, tough course, shot 92.  Sadly, that's better than I thought I would play..

I'm not good.  Will probably play again this Friday since I'm off because of Jesus.

Played yesterday.  My local course had the debit card reader sitting outside on a table, a wire running in 10 feet to the golf pro sitting at a table.  Just swipe and he told us to enjoy our round.  One rider per cart or you can walk.  It was perfect, zero human interaction.

I'm a 12 handicap, shot a 40 on the front.  Then a 47 on the back.  :(

I walked, and am not used to walking, I blame the back nine score on that.  It wasn't I was tired or out of shape per se, but when you walk up a hill dragging your clubs, then people are waiting for you to hit, its weird.  My heart rate was up and I felt rushed.  I am going to have to get used to it.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Focking narcs.

Totally. Nazis reporting on their neighbors. In the long run I assume the law has no real teeth and charges will be dropped.

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Played yesterday.  My local course had the debit card reader sitting outside on a table, a wire running in 10 feet to the golf pro sitting at a table.  Just swipe and he told us to enjoy our round.  One rider per cart or you can walk.  It was perfect, zero human interaction.

I'm a 12 handicap, shot a 40 on the front.  Then a 47 on the back.  :(

I walked, and am not used to walking, I blame the back nine score on that.  It wasn't I was tired or out of shape per se, but when you walk up a hill dragging your clubs, then people are waiting for you to hit, its weird.  My heart rate was up and I felt rushed.  I am going to have to get used to it.

Not even a pull cart. Are you a masochist? An exec near me had no carts, so I put 3 balls in my pocket and grabbed 4 clubs. Not lugging that bag around.

58 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Not even a pull cart. Are you a masochist? An exec near me had no carts, so I put 3 balls in my pocket and grabbed 4 clubs. Not lugging that bag around.

Get a walking bag. It isn’t bad at all. Nice little workout and I have the back 9 problem too. :lol:

What goes up, must come down - Cruzer took it in da ass 2day. 

Shot 77, but in this game it's team based, 10/20 2-downs... I had 10 bets total. 

I went against a team that had a 68, 70 and 73...and my back end guys sucked to boot... gave back $175 of it. :mad:

On 4/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, Cruzer said:

Nice. Probably the course I’ve played the most now. For the price, it’s the nicest course in the area. And I love the greens.

Most birdies I’ve ever had in a round was 5, and it was at Cross Timbers. 

Just now, cbfalcon said:

Nice. Probably the course I’ve played the most now. For the price, it’s the nicest course in the area. And I love the greens.

Most birdies I’ve ever had in a round was 5, and it was at Cross Timbers. 

It's truly is the best deal in town - a gem of a place to play. 

I caught her with no wind that day, which as you know - NEVER happens. 

NY State has added golf courses to non essential that wasnt distinguished before.  So looks like they are closing until the 29th.  At least.  So that blows pretty bad.

17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

NY State has added golf courses to non essential that wasnt distinguished before.  So looks like they are closing until the 29th.  At least.  So that blows pretty bad.

Seriously fock off. I focking hate this world right now

19 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Now that the peak is passing?  :lol: What a dud Cuomo is. 

Was sunny, 73* here 2day.

We called 11 courses, not a single one had an available t-time - all booked till 5 pm!

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Was sunny, 73* here 2day.

We called 11 courses, not a single one had an available t-time - all booked till 5 pm!

OMG - the calamity of it all!!!

<code>Fock off </code>

• Haha 1

10am teetime in VA tomorrow.  First round in 3 weeks, which is my longest stretch this year. MD needs to open courses, it's pretty clear that golf isn't an issue.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:31 AM, TimmySmith said:

10am teetime in VA tomorrow.  First round in 3 weeks, which is my longest stretch this year. MD needs to open courses, it's pretty clear that golf isn't an issue.

Playing at 10am 2day too... Played y-day, and playing 2moro.

Don't know if it's bcoz Texas is so spread out, or bcoz we've only had 29 deaths in Tarrant Co. - but golfers here have are out in full force. 

6 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Just opened back up in NY

My course opened up to members walking.  Not sure if this is the case everywhere.  Pleasant suprise.

I carry my bag 3/4 of the time.   So this hasnt been much different anyway other than leaving the pins in.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

82 today  :ninja:

182 today. Worst round in a while. 1 birdie, a couple of pars and a sh1tshow. Oh well, at least I got out.

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

82 today  :ninja:

Did you get to play all 18? I hope we will have courses open soon. Golf is one of those “gone overboard” things. It can be made safe and it is outdoors with plenty of space.

8 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Did you get to play all 18? I hope we will have courses open soon. Golf is one of those “gone overboard” things. It can be made safe and it is outdoors with plenty of space.

I did, a friend of a friend got us out. 

Had to walk, cups were elevated 3/4" above the hole. It is stupid... but its a misery loves company situation.  Non golfing fear mongers would be up in arms if they opened them up. 

Pretty scary authoritarian situation we are in. 

God forbid some people get to have safe fun! 

20 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Just opened back up in NY

Yup. I was in contact with my buddy all day on Saturday hoping for good news as the rumors were swirling. As of Sunday morning we were still closed. He texted me about 7:30 saying he got the all-clear. We were on the course by 9:30 haha. Taking a half-day and playing again today :thumbsup:

Also the no-cart and no-clubhouse rules help keep the numbers down of golfers in general and golfers who hung out and had a beer after.

34 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I did, a friend of a friend got us out. 

Had to walk, cups were elevated 3/4" above the hole. It is stupid... but its a misery loves company situation.  Non golfing fear mongers would be up in arms if they opened them up. 

Pretty scary authoritarian situation we are in. 

God forbid some people get to have safe fun! 

You had a good day for it. Hope you are well!