Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Golf these days

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

This has potential.  No crowds, no caddies, just 2 players and some cameramen.  Mic each player so we can hear it all. 

Play by Play and Color can be separate.  Could probably do it from home.  

Players can stand on opposite sides of the tee box and stay off the green until the other guy is done.  

Designate one guy to rake the bunkers and pull all the pins as needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

This has potential.  No crowds, no caddies, just 2 players and some cameramen.  Mic each player so we can hear it all. 

Play by Play and Color can be separate.  Could probably do it from home.  

Players can stand on opposite sides of the tee box and stay off the green until the other guy is done.  

Designate one guy to rake the bunkers and pull all the pins as needed?

I was thinking the same thing.  I love when athletes are miked up.  It's one of my favorite features of the XFL.  I really thing it would get huge ratings as long as it's easily accessible to people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I love when athletes are miked up.  It's one of my favorite features of the XFL.  I really thing it would get huge ratings as long as it's easily accessible to people.

You could turn it into a weekly event.  Top players who live within a reasonable driving distance pick a course and go play it, heads up.  Side bets allowed. 

Use local cameramen.  No flying and no hotels needed.  Everybody goes home at the end of the day, do it again the following Sunday.   They'd make plenty of money off the TV rights to make this worthwhile for everyone involved.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

You could turn it into a weekly event.  Top players who live within a reasonable driving distance pick a course and go play it, heads up.  Side bets allowed. 

Use local cameramen.  No flying and no hotels needed.  Everybody goes home at the end of the day, do it again the following Sunday.   They'd make plenty of money off the TV rights to make this worthwhile for everyone involved.  

Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Love it!

Hell, the world is so starved for live sports right now, I could probably do this with the top 2 HS players in the area,  go live on FB and make a killing.  

You might be able to make Tennis work too.  No crowds, just 2 players, camera crew and Ump.  They're far enough away.  Could each person be tested beforehand?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Hell, the world is so starved for live sports right now, I could probably do this with the top 2 HS players in the area,  go live on FB and make a killing.  

Definitely.  The odds makers would get busy right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×