Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eric Ebron signs with Steelers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931546/source-eric-ebron-steelers-reach-2-year-12m-deal

What exactly are the Patriots waiting for? Didn't they already go down this road last season and shoot themselves in the foot with the TE position? They waited too long with Gronk and then when the music stopped, there weren't any more TE's available. I'll be honest, as a Pats fan, I am pretty much all done with "in Bill we trust."

ICEMAN

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28931546/source-eric-ebron-steelers-reach-2-year-12m-deal

What exactly are the Patriots waiting for? Didn't they already go down this road last season and shoot themselves in the foot with the TE position? They waited too long with Gronk and then when the music stopped, there weren't any more TE's available. I'll be honest, as a Pats fan, I am pretty much all done with "in Bill we trust."

ICEMAN

Cue the "Gronk is Coming Back" rumors...

If I was a Steelers fan I would have been happy to see him sign with the Pats.  

He’s only finshed in the top ten in non ppr avg points per game one season.  

On 3/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, ICEMAN said:

ICEMAN

you got to at least give him a 1 year window post TB.  but yes, thought ebron might be a nice add.  

I am very happy with the Ebron signing.  Ebron gives Big Ben a legit #2 receiving option and great redzone target.  

Since the Steelers are not paying their WRs much on the rookie deals, Vance and Ebron make for a formidable TE combination.

2 hours ago, Smileseers said:

I am very happy with the Ebron signing.  Ebron gives Big Ben a legit #2 receiving option and great redzone target.  

Since the Steelers are not paying their WRs much on the rookie deals, Vance and Ebron make for a formidable TE combination.

It's an interesting situation, but remember that Ebron didn't have as many TDs in his first four years COMBINED (with Detroit) before having 13 in his first year with the Colts and Luck.  It's not like his QB in Detroit was so terrible or anything, either.  So was it just Indianapolis horseshoe luck...  or was it just Andrew Luck?  Ebron was pretty unremarkable with Brissett last year, too; although that's somewhat understandable in light of the overall deflation of the offense when Luck bailed.

It remains to be seen how Ebron will mesh with another great QB, who also has his own distinctive style.  This one could go either way...

On 3/21/2020 at 3:48 AM, weepaws said:

If I was a Steelers fan I would have been happy to see him sign with the Pats.  

He’s only finshed in the top ten in non ppr avg points per game one season.  

I don't think the Steerlers fans care about fantasy football production when it comes to NFL wins and losses.

I’m sure they do, I think they all every single Steelers fan playes ff.  

But the point his, take away one very productive season that Enron had, he’s been a work in progress since his arrival in the Nfl. 

Thanks for the return TB, always appreciate you. 

McDonald has trouble staying on the field. Steelers now have two starter level TES on paper, but in reality, two equally inconsistent players at the same position