Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Are Liquor stores “Essential” businesses?

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

Here too.   Didnt think of that but YES!

We can only buy beer in grocery stores in NY - no wine or liquor 

I'm stocking up.  Not taking a chance.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

The bottle shop in my local grocery store had lines 15-20 deep and a limit of two wine boxes per customer.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

The bottle shop in my local grocery store had lines 15-20 deep and a limit of two wine boxes per customer.

Didn’t the awesome chief of police in Philly decriminalize theft during the pandemic? Just take it. 

They are to me.  Not as much as they used to be because grocery stores didn't used to be able to sell real beer, just 3.2, but that changed a year or two ago so if worst came to worst I could go the grocery store.  But grocery stores don't sell kegs which is how I drink most of my beer.  So, still pretty essential.

14 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I'm stocking up.  Not taking a chance.

When being sober is a scarier thought than getting sick haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Same in WA, but you pay even more than the already expensive prices at places like Costco and Total Wine.  Going to go pick up some more Laphroaig from Total Wine later today before Inslee copies CA and NY. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

They are to me.  Not as much as they used to be because grocery stores didn't used to be able to sell real beer, just 3.2, but that changed a year or two ago so if worst came to worst I could go the grocery store.  But grocery stores don't sell kegs which is how I drink most of my beer.  So, still pretty essential.

The problem is, they  could tell the stores no more alcohol sales.  

Many time during natural disasters, they prohibit the sale of alcohol so they don't have to deal with a bunch of drunkfucks.  

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Same in WA, but you pay even more than the already expensive prices at places like Costco and Total Wine.  Going to go pick up some more Laphroaig from Total Wine later today before Inslee copies CA and NY. 

We don't buy much alcohol from Costco.  The big benefit seems in the handles/volume packaging (duh) but for liquor we (I) tend to buy smaller, nicer stuff from Wine and More.  For wine, we sometimes get some nicer stuff at Wine and More, but usually our local Fry's (Kroeger on the west coast) has 6-bottle deals which make it as cheap or cheaper than Costco for every day drinking.  :cheers:

They are when you force the bars/restaurants to close.

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

The problem is, they  could tell the stores no more alcohol sales.  

Many time during natural disasters, they prohibit the sale of alcohol so they don't have to deal with a bunch of drunkfucks.  

:nono:

Are you trying to incite riots? 

There must be a Laphroaig 10 crisis.  For the longest time it was always around $46.  2 weeks ago it was $50.  Today it was $55.  Other Laphroaigs and Balvenies have stayed the same.  Bummer.  Sh1ts getting real now!!!! :mad:

Interesting dynamic happening here. I was waiting for it to happen. The governor or whatever just announced that the same restaurants that can do to go sales of food are allowed to do to go sales a boos if they have the requisite alcohol licenses from before. so, people walking in, ordering their food, and then ordering a drink quote to go in quote and hey, if their drink ends up getting drunk before their food is served, well what are you going to do?

Really really expected this. Just didn't think it would happen so quickly. Any Brew pub that can sell a growler of beer and cheese fries is pretty much in. another bar that I frequent just keeps on the down low. Mostly with their weekly euchre tournament.

I picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan on my way home. Put it in the cabinet and to my delight, the bottle I thought was close to empty was actually full. :banana:

21 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan on my way home. Put it in the cabinet and to my delight, the bottle I thought was close to empty was actually full. :banana:

It's a coronavirus miracle!!!! 

• Haha 1

Number of people who stopped me on the street asking for booze? 0. Number who did the same for pot? Four.

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

:nono:

Are you trying to incite riots? 

I keep telling everyone to stock up.  I have plenty of liquor and sitting on 8+ cases of Busch Light.  And a dozen bottles of wine.   I may be an alcoholic but I won't have a drinking problem.   :cheers:

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Mostly with their weekly euchre tournament.

They play Euchre in Colorado?  I thought that was almost exclusively a Michigan thing.  I love that game.  :cheers:

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

They play Euchre in Colorado?  I thought that was almost exclusively a Michigan thing.  I love that game.  :cheers:

Played it in Upstate NY. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, DonS said:

Played it in Upstate NY. :thumbsup:

Where in upstate did you live. 

3 hours ago, shotsup said:

Where in upstate did you live. 

Binghamton.  Learned it from my wife as her family played it.  She's from Rochester, but they were originally from Erie, PA. 

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Binghamton.  Learned it from my wife as her family played it.  She's from Rochester, but they were originally from Erie, PA. 

My wife born in Buffalo. Halfway grew up in Rochester moved to Long Island at 13 (I think) - that’s why she is a Bills fan. 

I’m gonna need the Betty Ford Clinic it this goes on for a few more weeks.

Went to the grocery stor this morning.   Came home and started drinking.   This might be tougher than I thought. 

I went to the state store his morning. You can only go to the register, they have to get the stuff for you. I bought 50 Jim Beam vanilla miniatures. (Slightly cheaper than buying fifths, it has always been that way :dunno:). They were out of regular.

That brought me up to 111 miniatures total. Jim Beam (13), Jim Beam vanilla (78), Fireball (10), and Bacardi (10). 

Vanilla goes great in root beer  Total soon to be 109. 

17 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I keep telling everyone to stock up.  I have plenty of liquor and sitting on 8+ cases of Busch Light.  And a dozen bottles of wine.   I may be an alcoholic but I won't have a drinking problem.   :cheers:

Noted if I run out and cannot re-supply.