Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Are Liquor stores “Essential” businesses?

Recommended Posts

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

Here too.   Didnt think of that but YES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can only buy beer in grocery stores in NY - no wine or liquor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stocking up.  Not taking a chance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

The bottle shop in my local grocery store had lines 15-20 deep and a limit of two wine boxes per customer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MDC said:

The bottle shop in my local grocery store had lines 15-20 deep and a limit of two wine boxes per customer.

Didn’t the awesome chief of police in Philly decriminalize theft during the pandemic? Just take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

liquor stores here are more like convenience stores, so yes they are considered essential

hell Starbucks is considered essential since they technically sell food

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are to me.  Not as much as they used to be because grocery stores didn't used to be able to sell real beer, just 3.2, but that changed a year or two ago so if worst came to worst I could go the grocery store.  But grocery stores don't sell kegs which is how I drink most of my beer.  So, still pretty essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I'm stocking up.  Not taking a chance.

 

When being sober is a scarier thought than getting sick haha.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

We are lucky that in AZ the grocery stores sell beer/wine/liquor so, unless they stop us from eating, we should be set.  :cheers:

Same in WA, but you pay even more than the already expensive prices at places like Costco and Total Wine.  Going to go pick up some more Laphroaig from Total Wine later today before Inslee copies CA and NY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strike said:

They are to me.  Not as much as they used to be because grocery stores didn't used to be able to sell real beer, just 3.2, but that changed a year or two ago so if worst came to worst I could go the grocery store.  But grocery stores don't sell kegs which is how I drink most of my beer.  So, still pretty essential.

The problem is, they  could tell the stores no more alcohol sales.  

 

Many time during natural disasters, they prohibit the sale of alcohol so they don't have to deal with a bunch of drunkfucks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonS said:

Same in WA, but you pay even more than the already expensive prices at places like Costco and Total Wine.  Going to go pick up some more Laphroaig from Total Wine later today before Inslee copies CA and NY. 

We don't buy much alcohol from Costco.  The big benefit seems in the handles/volume packaging (duh) but for liquor we (I) tend to buy smaller, nicer stuff from Wine and More.  For wine, we sometimes get some nicer stuff at Wine and More, but usually our local Fry's (Kroeger on the west coast) has 6-bottle deals which make it as cheap or cheaper than Costco for every day drinking.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are when you force the bars/restaurants to close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

The problem is, they  could tell the stores no more alcohol sales.  

 

Many time during natural disasters, they prohibit the sale of alcohol so they don't have to deal with a bunch of drunkfucks.  

:nono:

Are you trying to incite riots? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be a Laphroaig 10 crisis.  For the longest time it was always around $46.  2 weeks ago it was $50.  Today it was $55.  Other Laphroaigs and Balvenies have stayed the same.  Bummer.  Sh1ts getting real now!!!! :mad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting dynamic happening here. I was waiting for it to happen. The governor or whatever just announced that the same restaurants that can do to go sales of food are allowed to do to go sales a boos if they have the requisite alcohol licenses from before. so, people walking in, ordering their food, and then ordering a drink quote to go in quote and hey, if their drink ends up getting drunk before their food is served, well what are you going to do?

 

Really really expected this. Just didn't think it would happen so quickly. Any Brew pub that can sell a growler of beer and cheese fries is pretty much in. another bar that I frequent just keeps on the down low. Mostly with their weekly euchre tournament.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan on my way home. Put it in the cabinet and to my delight, the bottle I thought was close to empty was actually full. :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan on my way home. Put it in the cabinet and to my delight, the bottle I thought was close to empty was actually full. :banana:

It's a coronavirus miracle!!!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number of people who stopped me on the street asking for booze? 0. Number who did the same for pot? Four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

:nono:

Are you trying to incite riots? 

I keep telling everyone to stock up.  I have plenty of liquor and sitting on 8+ cases of Busch Light.  And a dozen bottles of wine.   I may be an alcoholic but I won't have a drinking problem.   :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Mostly with their weekly euchre tournament.

They play Euchre in Colorado?  I thought that was almost exclusively a Michigan thing.  I love that game.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

They play Euchre in Colorado?  I thought that was almost exclusively a Michigan thing.  I love that game.  :cheers:

Played it in Upstate NY. :thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DonS said:

Played it in Upstate NY. :thumbsup:

 

Where in upstate did you live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shotsup said:

Where in upstate did you live. 

Binghamton.  Learned it from my wife as her family played it.  She's from Rochester, but they were originally from Erie, PA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonS said:

Binghamton 

Jew U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DonS said:

Binghamton.  Learned it from my wife as her family played it.  She's from Rochester, but they were originally from Erie, PA. 

My wife born in Buffalo. Halfway grew up in Rochester moved to Long Island at 13 (I think) - that’s why she is a Bills fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna need the Betty Ford Clinic it this goes on for a few more weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the grocery stor this morning.   Came home and started drinking.   This might be tougher than I thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the state store his morning. You can only go to the register, they have to get the stuff for you. I bought 50 Jim Beam vanilla miniatures. (Slightly cheaper than buying fifths, it has always been that way :dunno:). They were out of regular.

That brought me up to 111 miniatures total. Jim Beam (13), Jim Beam vanilla (78), Fireball (10), and Bacardi (10). 

Vanilla goes great in root beer  Total soon to be 109. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I keep telling everyone to stock up.  I have plenty of liquor and sitting on 8+ cases of Busch Light.  And a dozen bottles of wine.   I may be an alcoholic but I won't have a drinking problem.   :cheers:

Noted if I run out and cannot re-supply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×