Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Broncos add Melvin Gordon

serves him right.   he did this to himself.

Don't look now, but if the Broncos land themselves a 1st round WR like CeeDee Lamb in the draft, they're going to give the Chiefs all they can handle in the AFC West this year.  They were already killing it with Drew Lock under center at the end of 2019, beating playoff team Houston and losing only to the eventual Super Bowl champions in the five games that Lock started.

Add Gordon and a premier WR?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Don't look now, but if the Broncos land themselves a 1st round WR like CeeDee Lamb in the draft, they're going to give the Chiefs all they can handle in the AFC West this year.  They were already killing it with Drew Lock under center at the end of 2019, beating playoff team Houston and losing only to the eventual Super Bowl champions in the five games that Lock started.

Add Gordon and a premier WR?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

I'm not sure 'Killing it' is the term I'd use for Locks performance.

sure, they won 4 out of 5 games, but look at the level of competition.

week 13, he beat the chargers  going 18 for 28 for 134 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

week 14 vs houston he went 22 for 27 for 309 yards, 3 td and one INT.  

week 15 vs KC  25 for 33 for 192 yards, one TD 

week 16 vs oakland, 17 for 28, 177 yards, 1 TD.

the games against houston and KC are likely the most impressive.  houston for stats, KC because of who they beat.   but the stats were kinda Meh.

I do understand he's young and will improve, but I'd hardly refer to this as killing it.  The Chargers were terrible all year, and so wer the Lions.   

I also think Oakland had given up by the time they got to play Denver in week 16.

Sure it's nice to see the wins, but the kid has a long ways to go before I'd say hes 'killing it'.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

serves him right.   he did this to himself.

I'm not sure if athletes that turn down the $$$ and say they are "betting on themselves" fully understand there are variables that go way beyond themselves................but however you look at it Mr. Gordon lost his bet.

Didn't the Chiefs beat the Donks with Henne last year? :lol:

I realize there's not much to do in the offseason other than laugh at weepaws' latest nonsense, so nitpicking ANY expressed position becomes an attractive way to move a few minutes closer to the start of training camp.  But judging by this sloppy response, you've got a ways to go to be in regular-season naysaying mode, so I will correct your errors here for your edification--and also to move us a few minutes closer to the start of training camp.

57 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm not sure 'Killing it' is the term I'd use for Locks performance.

It's not a term I used for Lock's performance, either.  I said the BRONCOS were killing it once Drew Lock was their QB.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

They were already killing it with Drew Lock under center at the end of 2019...

sure, they won 4 out of 5 games, but look at the level of competition.

Two divisional champions (one Super Bowl winner) and a third defense (LAC) ranked #6 in the NFL (in yards allowed); it wasn't a stretch of cupcakes.

week 13, he beat the chargers  going 18 for 28 for 134 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

week 14 vs houston he went 22 for 27 for 309 yards, 3 td and one INT.  

week 15 vs KC  18 for 40 for 208 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT

week 16 vs Detroit  25 for 33 for 192 yards, one TD 

week 17 vs oakland, 17 for 28, 177 yards, 1 TD.

You got off a line; you had the Detroit stats posted for the KC game, and then left out Detroit.

Are they world-beating stats?  No, but an average of 204 yards per game and 7 TDs to 3 INTs is pretty solid for a rookie's first five games with really only one legitimate receiving option and a pedestrian backfield.  But you seem to think I'm only singing Lock's praises, but I'm not even so high on Lock himself, as I am high on the TEAM ever since they made the change to Lock at QB.  Now with Gordon in the backfield, and the potential of a WR stud like Lamb across from Sutton (along with Fant coming on at TE), I believe the Broncos will give the Chiefs all the competition they can handle in the division next year.

the games against houston and KC are likely the most impressive.  houston for stats, KC because of who they beat.   but the stats were kinda Meh.

They didn't even beat KC, and Lock's stats for that game were even worse than the ones you reported (you had the Detroit game stats listed for the KC game).  Lock isn't the next Mahomes, but he has the offense moving in the right direction, and the addition of Gordon and a potential stud WR will add to the momentum.

I do understand he's young and will improve, but I'd hardly refer to this as killing it...

Sure it's nice to see the wins, but the kid has a long ways to go before I'd say hes 'killing it'.

As previously demonstrated, I didn't either.

Another bad situation for ff.  

Gordon might not diminish Lindsay as much as you might think. Freeman on the other hand ... I’d agree w A.E., Denver may give KC a run for their $ next year. 

Gordon is a lead rb1 type player, of course is presents. Is going to hurt the ff output of both Lindsay and Freeman. 

Freeman as already only a value of a stash player, so yes that value really won’t take a hit, he’s value would stay the same anyway.  

But Lindsay won’t reach 200 rush att like last season and won’t even reach the 192 rush att he had in his first season.  

So Lindsay’s value and ff performance we’ll be the one that takes the biggest hit, atleast it should.  

And Gordon as been good in the passing game also, and that also we’ll hurt Lindsay   

So finally I say this , no worry about any adjustments to Freeman’s already limited value, but do adjust Lindsay’s   

Hey everyone take care, I’ve been praying for the ff today community and hope everyone is safe and healthy  

and I’m very sorry to those that have lost their jobs, I’ve been praying that you well all receive some help from the good ol USA to help replace some of that lost income.  

If anyone is in need of prayers you can send me a message, I’ll be glad to do so  

Thank you