Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Leave it to ESPN to fock up a good idea

They came up with a 64 person bracket for the best college basketball player ever.  They put them in to four regions and seeded each region like March Madness.  Let us vote for them.  Sounds good.  Until you look at the brackets and see a bunch of chicks in there.  I mean, I got nothing against rating the women.  They can have their own bracket.  But there's no way to realistically compare men to women in sports.  So yeah, if we're being real, we'll just ignore them and vote for whoever they're matched up against.  But that wastes a bunch of spots and you know the SJW's will elevate some of the women above some great male players who would kill them one on one.  Fock ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/playerbracket/introducing-college-basketball-greatest-all-bracket

I don't have a problem with them being in there...  There have been some really great women college basketball players in history...

1 minute ago, posty said:

I don't have a problem with them being in there...  There have been some really great women college basketball players in history...

Like, ummm, that one girl who could almost dunk, whats her name.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, posty said:

Case in point.

Brittany griner probably would have helped ku win a national championship a year or two.

Are there any nappy headed hoes from the Rutgers team included there ?

On 3/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, Strike said:

They came up with a 64 person bracket for the best college basketball player ever.  They put them in to four regions and seeded each region like March Madness.  Let us vote for them.  Sounds good.  Until you look at the brackets and see a bunch of chicks in there.  I mean, I got nothing against rating the women.  They can have their own bracket.  But there's no way to realistically compare men to women in sports.  So yeah, if we're being real, we'll just ignore them and vote for whoever they're matched up against.  But that wastes a bunch of spots and you know the SJW's will elevate some of the women above some great male players who would kill them one on one.  Fock ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/playerbracket/introducing-college-basketball-greatest-all-bracket

sounds like the stole my geek bracket idea, much like FBG did

What happens when none of the chicks advance. I assume they lie and send a couple through. Or shut it down.

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

What happens when none of the chicks advance. I assume they lie and send a couple through. Or shut it down.

Oh, I have no doubt that ESPN will alter the voting to ensure some ladies advance a lot further than they should.  That said, I don't really see how you can make an argument for anyone over Diana Taurasi.  Seriously, I'm not joking.  No basketball player dominated their sport like she did.  In her 4 years at UConn, they won 3 championships and had a combined record of 139-8.  She was also the AP player of the year twice, an All-American 3 times, and a Final 4 MVP 3 times.  No college player is more decorated than she is.  Well, maybe Breanna Stewart, those 2 should be the finals match-up really.

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, I have no doubt that ESPN will alter the voting to ensure some ladies advance a lot further than they should.  That said, I don't really see how you can make an argument for anyone over Diana Taurasi.  Seriously, I'm not joking.  No basketball player dominated their sport like she did.  In her 4 years at UConn, they won 3 championships and had a combined record of 139-8.  She was also the AP player of the year twice, an All-American 3 times, and a Final 4 MVP 3 times.  No college player is more decorated than she is.  Well, maybe Breanna Stewart, those 2 should be the finals match-up really.

Can she dunk?

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Kareem would have dwarfed her accomplishments except they didn't allow Freshmen to play on the varsity team when he was in college.  Even so, he had only two losses in three years and those were both due to extenuating circumstances.

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Can she dunk?

Due to Kareem they banned the dunk.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

because decent males dont even play 3 years, much less 4

if dominance is the key, then the San Diego Sockers are the greatest franchise in pro sports history

The latest region they have 14 seed Chris Webber vs 3 see Cheryl Millers. 

Webber is winning 58% to 42%. 🤣

25 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

The latest region they have 14 seed Chris Webber vs 3 see Cheryl Millers. 

Webber is winning 58% to 42%. 🤣

and I'd say Cheryl Miller is the most athletic best female basketball player I have ever seen

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Against girls though 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and I'd say Cheryl Miller is the most athletic best female basketball player I have ever seen

I didn’t know Cheryl Miller’s little brother played basketball. :dunno:

I think it is stupid that one has to have a twitter account to vote...

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

And at her peak, she would probably get destroyed by a top 1000 male high school basketball player in a one on one.  And that is generous.

58 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And at her peek, she would probably get destroyed by a top 1000 male high school basketball player in a one on one.  And that is generous.

she might be an outlier, cause she did go against Reggie alot, but probably

17 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Can she dunk?

17 hours ago, Strike said:

Kareem would have dwarfed her accomplishments except they didn't allow Freshmen to play on the varsity team when he was in college.  Even so, he had only two losses in three years and those were both due to extenuating circumstances.

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

because decent males dont even play 3 years, much less 4

if dominance is the key, then the San Diego Sockers are the greatest franchise in pro sports history

15 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Against girls though 

All I'm saying is that if you simply take the players accomplishments vs their peers, Breanna Stewart and Diana Taurasi are the clear cut finalists.  Taurasi was 3-0 in the Finals and Stewart was 4-0.  Both lost less than 10 games in their entire career.  Stewart was a part of a team that won 111 straight games.  Both won multiple Final Four MVP's and All-American's.  There's not a single male player that has accomplished that.  Ever.  That being said, I wouldn't move them out of the first round purely because the level competition was vastly inferior.

13 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

she might be an outlier, cause she did go against Reggie alot, but probably

The UConn girls did and still do, practice against men.  Primarily against the men's team bench players.  Now, I think we all can agree that all men's basketball teams' bench players aren't that good... among their peers, but they'd all kick our azzes and certainly every girls'.  I think that's what has been a big key to their success.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The UConn girls did and still do, practice against men.  Primarily against the men's team bench players.  Now, I think we all can agree that all men's basketball teams' bench players aren't that good... among their peers, but they'd all kick our azzes and certainly every girls'.  I think that's what has been a big key to their success.

I wonder if that is what schools like South Carolina, Baylor and Oregon are doing to catch up (and maybe pass) UConn recently?

Just now, posty said:

I wonder if that is what schools like South Carolina, Baylor and Oregon are doing to catch up (and maybe pass) UConn recently?

I wouldn't doubt it.  Also, the one thing that UConn's dominance created, was better competition and raised the level of play across the country.  More girls at younger ages became more interested and participated more, creating a bigger pool of better players.  There's also the desire to knock the king off the hill.  I think each one of these things have contributed to UConn not winning since 2016.

17 hours ago, Strike said:

If you discount Stewart's freshman year at UConn, she was 116-1, and won 111 consecutive games.  Kareem didn't do that.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wouldn't doubt it.  Also, the one thing that UConn's dominance created, was better competition and raised the level of play across the country.  More girls at younger ages became more interested and participated more, creating a bigger pool of better players.  There's also the desire to knock the king off the hill.  I think each one of these things have contributed to UConn not winning since 2016.

Recruiting would definitely be different for top 10 teams that weren't UConn...  "Hey we are just one player away from knocking them off...  You can be on the team that will do that...  I know UConn is talking to you, but come here and let's be the team that knocks them off their perch"

I would think that Geno would have to work a lot harder to get the big guns in at UConn... 

Just now, posty said:

Recruiting would definitely be different for top 10 teams that weren't UConn...  "Hey we are just one player away from knocking them off...  You can be on the team that will do that...  I know UConn is talking to you, but come here and let's be the team that knocks them off their perch"

I would think that Geno would have to work a lot harder to get the big guns in at UConn... 

Agreed.

Girls shouldn't be permitted to play sports, vote, or own land. 

Washing

Ironing

Focking

Etc

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you discount Stewart's freshman year at UConn, she was 116-1, and won 111 consecutive games.  Kareem didn't do that.

You have to be fishing. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

You have to be fishing. 

How, you said Kareem couldn't play his freshman year, that gave him a chance to get better.  Stewart had to learn on the fly.  You said Kareem's team lost 2 games... Stewarts' lost 1.  Was Kareem on the 88 win streak team?  If he was, Stewart's team won 111.  How am I fishing? 

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How, you said Kareem couldn't play his freshman year, that gave him a chance to get better.  Stewart had to learn on the fly.  You said Kareem's team lost 2 games... Stewarts' lost 1.  Was Kareem on the 88 win streak team?  If he was, Stewart's team won 111.  How am I fishing? 

Let's start with the obvious.  I have no idea who the fock you're talking about.  I responded to a post with the following statement in it:

That said, I don't really see how you can make an argument for anyone over Diana Taurasi. 

Then let's move on the fact that the NCAA literally banned a shot due to Kareem.  When did that happen with whichever girl you're talking about. 

Then let's talk about Kareem's two losses.  One of them was because they didn't have a shot clock back then so USC played a slow down game to win 46-44.  That's not real basketball, sorry.  The other game was his first back after having a scratched cornea and they barely lost to Houston.  They played them again in the NCAA tournament and beat them 101–69.  Context matters. 

Kareem won the NCAA championship every year he was eligible.  Which of your women you're touting did that?

Men's basketball is played at a level much higher than women's.   By your own admission, UCONN's dominance elevated the level of women's basketball.  Well, men's basketball was already there, for many decades prior.  it's easy to be the best when you're playing inferior competition.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Let's start with the obvious.  I have no idea who the fock you're talking about.  I responded to a post with the following statement in it:

Then let's move on the fact that the NCAA literally banned a shot due to Kareem.  When did that happen with whichever girl you're talking about. 

Then let's talk about Kareem's two losses.  One of them was because they didn't have a shot clock back then so USC played a slow down game to win 46-44.  That's not real basketball, sorry.  The other game was his first back after having a scratched cornea and they barely lost to Houston.  They played them again in the NCAA tournament and beat them 101–69.  Context matters. 

Kareem won the NCAA championship every year he was eligible.  Which of your women you're touting did that?

Men's basketball is played at a level much higher than women's.   By your own admission, UCONN's dominance elevated the level of women's basketball.  Well, men's basketball was already there, for many decades prior.  it's easy to be the best when you're playing inferior competition.

I initailly started talking about Taurasi and also mentioned Stewart, because at the time, I didn't see Stewart in their bracket.  After going back, I didn't see that Breanna Stewart was on that list.  

Stewart won 4 championships in 4 years, so yeah, she did what Kareem did in winning each year that she was eligible.  How can you say that the men's game was competitive and at the same time said that one guy made a shot illegal?  If he was that good that they had to change the rules, then apparently the level of competition wasn't that great.

Whether the game is played at a much higher level or not, a players accomplishments are equal in the sense that they played against their peers.  Men didn't play against women or the other way around.  Stewart and Taurasi were women playing against women.

• Thanks 1