Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Corona panic - store scenes

Sam's Wholesale opens at 9 am here. I arrived at 7:45, was 10th in line... By the time they opened, the line wrapped around the building.

Everyone was calm, civil and orderly. No running, no shouting, no fighting - a well behaved crowd. The stores limiting items to 1 package per membership (or person) helps big time.

Ground beef, chicken, eggs and paper products were gone in an hour - with staff working like hell in the back to get more out. 

Seeing the same.  Orderly.  Lines were minimal today.  Out of most paper.   Costco had paper towels one to customer.  But they were pretty well stocked otherwise 

No issue with fresh produce.  

Went to Dollar General..tons of bread and milk

We found everything we needed...except flour..I was going to make some bread just to try it.

Probably 15 people in store...no real panic buying..one guy had like 10 packs of baby wipes..that was about it.  They open an hour early for elderly and at risk folks which is cool.

Some stuff was out..but we got extra dog food..couple extra boxes of pasta...tuna..mayo..things we can make for lunches...etc.  

Ohio here  just an fyi..

The gov of IL said no need to panic buy. All grocery items will be delivered and stocked as usual. Which means everyone needs to clear out the entire store. Brilliant 

I saw a Chinaman headed into the store earlier. I waited till he left to go in. No chop suey-fluey for me. 

Minnesota nice is in full effect here.   :wub:

On 3/21/2020 at 6:30 PM, lickin_starfish said:

I wonder how Lowe's will be on Monday morning? I want to get some lumber for a quarantine project.

Your mom wanted some lumber.  I delivered.  And gave her a little extra too.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Albertson's in Calabasas off Agoura Road seems well-stocked.  Its kinda out of the way and never busy.   Plenty of bread, noodles, milk, cheese, butter.  The only place I find toilet paper and paper towels are small mexican supermarkets.

Thanks for the updates guys.

Even at it's worst, we never had issues with shortages here besides medical supplies and equipment. Household stuff like food, soap, TP,  no problem.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

The Albertson's in Calabasas off Agoura Road seems well-stocked.  Its kinda out of the way and never busy.   Plenty of bread, noodles, milk, cheese, butter.  The only place I find toilet paper and paper towels are small mexican supermarkets.

Hopefully you're in quarantine and not going to Albertson's.

Local grocery store here opened up the toilet paper and selling at $1 per roll,haven't heard an update but am hoping local authorities stepped in.

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Local grocery store here opened up the toilet paper and selling at $1 per roll,haven't heard an update but am hoping local authorities stepped in.

That's what it's selling for here too.  Highway robbery.   

19 hours ago, riversco said:

The only place I find toilet paper and paper towels are small mexican supermarkets.

This is a great tip. 

Rice, beans, produce and meat have been scarce here. But the little carniceria I go to has had plenty on hand. 

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This is a great tip. 

Rice, beans, produce and meat have been scarce here. But the little carniceria I go to has had plenty on hand. 

I went to an asian grocery store this weekend. The chance that it is spreading there is probably less than the other grocery stores since it has been empty for a month and our local HEB has had lines out the door for over a week. The food they stock at our local chinese grocery is pretty crappy, however I will be shopping there again. Pork potstickers are pretty good at least.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, riversco said:

Wait... are we neighbors?  We were just at Bristol Farms today.

Make your own Lysol wipes.

1/2 cup Lysol to two cups water.  Cut paper towels in half and soak in solution.  Take the cardbored out first dumbasses.  

10 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Make your own Lysol wipes.

1/2 cup Lysol to two cups water.  Cut paper towels in half and soak in solution.  Take the cardbored out first dumbasses.  

2 minutes ago, frank said:

:lol: