Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

i think my sister has coronavirus

She has gone downhill fast in the last few hours.  Scratchy voice.  Hurts to breathe.  Trying to get her to go to the doctor but she won't do it.   I tell her people get put on a ventilator with this shiot.  She responds.  "I can breathe". 

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah that sucks. Wishing her the best. By the way, can size?

Lung size?

We're truly awful people. But seriously, wishing the best. understand that there's a lot of reasons for those kind of symptoms these days.

9 minutes ago, riversco said:

She has gone downhill fast in the last few hours.  Scratchy voice.  Hurts to breathe.  Trying to get her to go to the doctor but she won't do it.   I tell her people get put on a ventilator with this shiot.  She responds.  "I can breathe". 

Fever?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Sorry man.  You exposed?

Yeah I'm exposed but have no symptoms.  Her boyfriend is coughing too but last I know he can breathe. 

The entire Geek Club is now (probably) two degrees of separation from coronavirus, with riversco at one.

Stubborn lady in denial. I'd be seriously worried. 

Were this China, riverso, with you're being in contact with your sister, you would be expected to put yourself in quarantine for fourteen days (and they'd have a policeman visit to chat to drive home the point. You'd get free food).

Our receptionist (38B and in her late 50’s) has been off of work recovering from surgery for a couple weeks. She emailed this morning that she had a cough for a couple days and now has a 102 fever...hoping it’s not Coronavirus.

Hope all goes well for your sister riversco.

If it hurts to breath she should be seen. This shlt is serious to the people that have respiratory issues from it. Mostly old people are dying, but there are some younger adults who are dying from it. Even when in the hospital there is no guarantee they can save a person whose lungs are filling up

25 minutes ago, fandandy said:

What type of cough are we supposed to be looking for?  

The Chinese kind. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

The Chinese kind. 

Are you still open?  What are your plans? 

45 minutes ago, riversco said:

Yeah I'm exposed but have no symptoms.  Her boyfriend is coughing too but last I know he can breathe. 

Are you quarantining yourself?

I hope you don't get it, sir.  :thumbsup:

I always enjoy your "takes" on things which you never seem to get much credit for.  Lots of stuff I've never heard before, and always distilled down into simple, comprehensible points.  The bad-ball hitters vs. plate discipline hitters, for example.  Are these conclusions you reach yourself through your own research, or do you just read a lot?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Are you still open?  What are your plans? 

By appointment only for now.  1-2 customers allowed in at a time.  

Biz has really slowed.  March and April are prime selling months for us, so not sure how things will shake out.  We have some cash reserves but I don’t wanna burn thru it if I don’t have to.  

Going to try to work with landlord, suppliers and utility companies to extend payment terms as long as possible.   We’ll see what happens.    

I have 2 years left on a 5 yr lease.  I may negotiate a 5 year extension if they’ll give me a few months free during this time.  Rent is our single biggest operating expense.  Payroll isn’t an issue.   All installers are sub contractors who are paid by the job.   We have no hourly employees.  

The only installs we’re doing now are in unoccupied or rental properties.  Customers can’t be present when we’re in the home. 

is sex with a sibling not frowned upon today as it was a few months ago?

14 hours ago, nobody said:

Are you quarantining yourself?

I notice he's not answering the question.  That probably means he's not self quarantining.  We might as well not even bothering to tank the economy.  He's probably spreading shìt all over Albertson's trying to make sure he's restocking his hoarded supplies.

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to stay 6 posts away from Riversco for years, so no adjustment needed based on this. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I’ve been trying to stay 6 posts away from Riversco for years, so no adjustment needed based on this. 

How are you hanging in there?  How is your health?  What are you doing differently during this pandemic?

19 minutes ago, fandandy said:

How are you hanging in there?  How is your health?  What are you doing differently during this pandemic?

He's alright. He's on the AIDs cocktail already, so no other disease is able take hold.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The entire Geek Club is now (probably) two degrees of separation from coronavirus, with riversco at one.

Two degrees??? It was his sister....I think we're all doomed!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Thanks for asking, 👍

I think I’m just doing the same things everyone else that is being careful is doing....Staying in as much as possible, when I get out I try to be mindful of distancing, wash my hands as often as possible, and I don’t touch my face. 

Generally, I try to have a philosophy of being process oriented as opposed to results oriented. I am obviously respectful of the fact that I’m very high risk; but since I’ve been vigilant, I haven’t been worrying much on it. 

16 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'm not a doctor so I can't confirm she has it.  She's got some sort of upper respiratory infection though.

Update:

She saw the doctor today.  They didn't take a sample nor swab of anything.  They just asked her some questions about the symptoms she is experiencing and then told her they don't think she has coronavirus.  They gave her an inhaler and some pills and sent her home.  That's all I know.

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

Update:

She saw the doctor today.  They didn't take a sample nor swab of anything.  They just asked her some questions about the symptoms she is experiencing and then told her they don't think she has coronavirus.  They gave her an inhaler and some pills and sent her home.  That's all I know.

I want some pills. :dunno:

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Update:

even if she was tested and the result was negative it doesn’t mean she couldn’t get it the next day.  She is fragile and should be doing everything possible to remain away from everyone.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Update:

That is good news hopefully.  Hope you are all ok,