Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Is Trump doing enough to counter Coronavirus?

This is a pretty horrible and petty tweet. Trump is being accused of not doing enough by governers. Both IL and NY say they have to compete with other states for supplies. Trump needs to make sure the entire country and each state is getting what it needs within reason. He also needs to have plans in place available to these states. 

We are there to back you up should you fail? What the fvck. How the fvck could our president be so juevinile? 

Not sure what your complaining about...what would you do?  Defense production act was enacted...to bulk buy ppe and stuff and keep stuff in the USA.  How fast can he force companies to switch over?  1 day...2 days...snap fingers and its done?  Damn people are impatient...thousands of complainers and no solutions.  Sh1t takes time yo...

Democrat goes on CNN to bash Federal response.  Trump responds. Has anything really changed with coronavirus?

The administration doesn't get blame for not getting ahead of this sooner? Typical defend Trump with empty remarks. CNN doesn't approve of Trumps handling of it so they must automatically be wrong? 

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The administration doesn't get blame for not getting ahead of this sooner? Typical defend Trump with empty remarks. CNN doesn't approve of Trumps handling of it so they must automatically be wrong? 

They attack him at every single turn. So yes cnn is automatically wrong. They attacked him when he Was the first leader to shut down borders as being racist. He acted ahead of anyone and it saved thousands of lives and I still haven’t seen a positive report about that but plenty of negative. The federal govt is doing everything it can. Quite frankly everyone is.  This is one thing you have to look for.  Do any of these people complaining ever offer any solutions?

• Thanks 1

Trump has done a terrible job with this so far.  He's had some moments on TV where it gave us some hope but he ruins it instantly by saying something stupid or tweeting something stupid.  He really sucks at this.  It seems pretty obvious that he didn't think this was going to be as big of a deal that it is.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Trump has done a terrible job with this so far.  He's had some moments on TV where it gave us some hope but he ruins it instantly by saying something stupid or tweeting something stupid.  He really sucks at this.  It seems pretty obvious that he didn't think this was going to be as big of a deal that it is.

Nobody thought it was going to be a big deal. I still don’t even know if it is. But again he’s acted ahead of every other nation. Here again is what you have to look at. He’s gotten more praise from Democrats than negatives from republicans. And democrats NEVER have praised him

I don't think so--I saw him shaking a bunch of hands last week, and you just know he's not washing for a full Happy Birthday.

Watch the daily briefings and decide for yourself.

Dont watch twitter clips or cut and paste jobs by the media to decide for you. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Nobody thought it was going to be a big deal. I still don’t even know if it is. But again he’s acted ahead of every other nation. Here again is what you have to look at. He’s gotten more praise from Democrats than negatives from republicans. And democrats NEVER have praised him

Our leaders shouldnt have been just as in the dark as we were. Poor excuse. 

Im glad he shut down the borders. He gets credit for that. Still the government should have been ahead of What to do during a pandemic more than they were. That lands at his feet just as it would if Obama was in office and this was happening. 

Just because they are unfair at times toward Trump, it doesn't mean they are always wrong. 

I guess this is the first pandemic this world has ever seen. Zero evidence on what to do....

Is the reactive strategy how people fared so well against past pandemics? Don't want to get too proactive here.... 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Watch the daily briefings and decide for yourself.

Dont watch twitter clips or cut and paste jobs by the media to decide for you. 

This.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I guess this is the first pandemic this world has ever seen. Zero evidence on what to do....

Is the reactive strategy how people fared so well against past pandemics? Don't want to get too proactive here.... 

Yes this is the first pandemic this world has seen. Not many people around during the Spanish flu. And we never reacted this way during the hundreds of other minor outbreaks. Considering that everyone is acting on the fly I think everyone is doing what they can. I still have yet to see anyone offer up any solutions. 

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Who's responsible for treating it as a big deal just in case it really is?  Trump has to take some responsibility at some point in his Presidency.  I'm guessing Trump was never in the boy scouts.

• Confused 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Who's responsible for treating it as a big deal just in case it really is?  Trump has to take some responsibility at some point in his Presidency.  I'm guessing Trump was never in the boy scouts.

He’s treating it as a big deal. Who is looking out for the American people?  I know it’s not the do-nothings 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He’s treating it as a big deal. Who is looking out for the American people?  I know it’s not the do-nothings 

He's trying to treat it as a big deal now, because he has to.  He certainly didn't a month ago.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's trying to treat it as a big deal now, because he has to.  He certainly didn't a month ago.

You mean in January when he shut down the borders before any other country? Couldn’t be that he was trying to take care of things and still try to keep people from panicking 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So, you would have this all tidied up by now I guess. Along with the other leftists in this country.:dunno:

How many democratic "leaders" are cleaning up their states? I'm guessing California is acting as the model of what the rest of the United States should be doing. 

• Like 1

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You mean in January when he shut down the borders before any other country?

And the democrats whined about that.

• Thanks 2

Trump failed in January and February. He should have had all of the information to know how bad this could get and he took very few preventative or proactive measures. Even when it was blowing up in Italy he was downplaying the issue. There was a time he could have directed companies to ramp up production of PPE quicker, he could have closed other borders more quickly, and he could have directed randomized testing in the large cities.

I do not think he is doing enough now, the front lines really needs PPE and the federal government is not helping enough with this. In addition he needs to activate the cell phone response and text everyone to stay home. People are still going out and about like this is no big deal.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So, you would have this all tidied up by now I guess. Along with the other leftists in this country.:dunno:

How many democratic "leaders" are cleaning up their states? I'm guessing California is acting as the model of what the rest of the United States should be doing. 

Fock no.  There's a reason why I 'm not the President, I wouldn't know what the hell to do.

I'm not putting all of this on Trump.  Just because I think he's handled it poorly does not mean I am blaming him for everything.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fock no.  There's a reason why I 'm not the President, I wouldn't know what the hell to do.

I'm not putting all of this on Trump.  Just because I think he's handled it poorly does not mean I am blaming him for everything.

There is no baseline....how do you know its poorly???  What are you judging it on?

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

There is no baseline....how do you know its poorly???  What are you judging it on?

His baseline is: "I don't like Donald Trump".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Trump failed in January and February. He should have had all of the information to know how bad this could get and he took very few preventative or proactive measures. Even when it was blowing up in Italy he was downplaying the issue. There was a time he could have directed companies to ramp up production of PPE quicker, he could have closed other borders more quickly, and he could have directed randomized testing in the large cities.

I do not think he is doing enough now, the front lines really needs PPE and the federal government is not helping enough with this. In addition he needs to activate the cell phone response and text everyone to stay home. People are still going out and about like this is no big deal.

Dude, all kinds of stuff are “illegal” to do yet our prisons are overcrowded.  

Sending a text isn’t going to do a thing.  Kind of like the mayor of Baltimore asking for the gang bangers to stop shooting each other because there aren’t enough beds to treat them.  It’s laughable really.

I think we all need to ask ourselves, “If this pandemic happened under Obungler, what would Trump be saying about it on Twitter etc.?” And then treat Donald accordingly. 

Only seems fair. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

It doesn't look like we're prepared very well.  People are sick and can't get tested.  

Just now, MDC said:

I think we all need to ask ourselves, “If this pandemic happened under Obungler, what would Trump be saying about it on Twitter etc.?” And then treat Donald accordingly. 

If H1N1 was any kind of gauge, I don't remember anyone really criticizing him, even though it took him 7 months to enact a National State of Emergency.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

His baseline is: "I don't like Donald Trump".

Should I ignore anything he does poorly just because I like him like some others?  That's not any better.  Go ahead and praise him for what he does well but be sure to hold him accountable when he doesn't.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I think O had a virus outbreak under his reign.  How do you think he did?

It doesn't look like we're prepared very well.  People are sick and can't get tested.  

Yes, because Trump should have known 3 years ago that we would need 500,000 respirators 3 years into the future.  He should have been all over Doc Brown.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

To me testing means nothing.  If you test negative today it doesn’t mean you won’t contract the virus 1 day later and test positive.

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Dude, all kinds of stuff are “illegal” to do yet our prisons are overcrowded.  

Sending a text isn’t going to do a thing.  Kind of like the mayor of Baltimore asking for the gang bangers to stop shooting each other because there aren’t enough beds to treat them.  It’s laughable really.

The text was only one part of my comment, he really needs to have the federal government help solve the PPE issue ASAP.

I think there are many people not treating this seriously and I think a national message from the president could help another 5-10% of the population to start taking this more seriously.

It is similar in theory to that stupid management statement, do not let perfect get in the way of good.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes, because Trump should have known 3 years ago that we would need 500,000 respirators 3 years into the future.  He should have been all over Doc Brown.

Did he throw the respirators away O had stockpiled?  Or didn’t O have 500,000 on the ready either?

• Thanks 1

Should I ignore anything he does poorly just because I like him like some others?  That's not any better.  Go ahead and praise him for what he does well but be sure to hold him accountable when he doesn't.

All people have a varying degree of what someone else does well and what they don't... based on their initial baseline.  I've heard that 67% of the countries Corona cases are in NY, CA, an WA... three of the biggest liberal states in the country.  On top of that, both CA and NY's governors said positive things about Trump's handling of the situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

To me testing means nothing.  If you test negative today it doesn’t mean you won’t contract the virus 1 day later and test positive.

There's some truth to that.  It can be important to know what sickness you have at the time though.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

True... but if you test positive, you're more likely to be less of a problem to the country because you'll be quarantined and the people you've been in contacted with can be tested.  I think testing is a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I think O had a virus outbreak under his reign.  How do you think he did?

I don’t know. We get hit with the flu every year. I hadn’t thought about it until Donald started whining about it a few weeks ago. Some leader, that guy.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Did he throw the respirators away O had stockpiled?  Or didn’t O have 500,000 on the ready either?

If I recall correctly, they were never available to begin with.  For some reason, the number 12,000 rings a bell on how many were available.  I honestly can't tell you where I heard that number from, so don't hold me to it.  I could be wrong.