Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Who's out of a job?

41 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Are you seriously expressing sympathy for your ex-wife?

No, no no.

Stop it.

Yes cause it effects my son and his life and she’s going to need more support

14 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

There's a fukking blizzard today, on my first day of forced vacation. I wanted to get some yard work done.

Where are you?  I've been lucky that weather in Seattle area has been phenomenal the past week and a half.  Sh1t is going to get old fast once we return to our regular crappy weather.  Did some landscaping this weekend along with trips to dog park to help stay sane. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Where are you?  I've been lucky that weather in Seattle area has been phenomenal the past week and a half.  Sh1t is going to get old fast once we return to our regular crappy weather.  Did some landscaping this weekend along with trips to dog park to help stay sane. 

CNY. It looks like mid-January out there.

Wife got a "critical employee" letter from her work. 

Then she got home...got a call..and got furloughed. 

Keeps her benefits..which is nice. Company says its absolutely temporary. 

All cause we shut the state down.

Washington state hasnt shut down.  

Whatever. we will be fine.  Minimum 3 week vacation.  

Again..glad we practice saving.  This is why we do it.  For the emergencies.  And vacations.  🙂

9 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

yeah, the thread should also ask who's busier and dealing with more sh1t than they ever have because of this

:ninja:

:wave:

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Again..glad we practice saving.  This is why we do it.  For the emergencies.  And vacations.  🙂

My wife is still working and should continue to do so thru the crisis.   

My store’s sales dropped off a cliff last week and now we are being told to close til mid April.  

We have a 6 month emergency fund, plus some cash reserves.  I know biz will return at some point but it feels like we’re going to burn through that fund in the next 12 months.  

Hopefully, we’ll be on solid ground at this time next year.  

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Inslee just ordered shutdown of WA about an hour ago.  Starts in 48 hrs. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Inslee just ordered shutdown of WA about an hour ago.  Starts in 48 hrs. 

What does his "shutdown " include.  I focking hate that term.

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

What does his "shutdown " include.  I focking hate that term.

Well he called it "Stay Home. Stay Safe" which makes it sounds so positive.  Basically same deal as other states.  No gatherings. Limit travel. Only "essential" businesses open which includes restaurants for take out.  TBD what it means for liquor stores, breweries, etc. 

Hopefully Digby34. That guy sucks at biology or whatever he’s an expert in. 

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hopefully Digby34. That guy sucks at biology or whatever he’s an expert in. 

Something like that, it’s hard to keep up with. His job and specialties change over time according to how many layers of the lie onion we peel away.

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Something like that, it’s hard to keep up with. His job and specialties change over time according to how many layers of the lie onion we peel away.

Always the ball player though. Better  than you. Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Always the ball player though. Better  than you. Lol. 

Well yea, much better. Not many others can boast a “pretty much pro” ball career while simultaneously rising to the rank of major and “basically” running their own medical clinic despite no medical license of any kind at such a young age.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Well yea, much better. Not many others can boast a “pretty much pro” ball career while simultaneously rising to the rank of major and “basically” running their own medical clinic despite no medical license of any kind at such a young age.

The “civilian equivalent “. Gotta give him credit for trying to make that horseshit fly. 

43 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Biggest problem with compulsive liars, they never remember what lie they told who. 

Youngest daughter is a server at Denny's; that's on hold until they open restaurants back up but at that point she'll still have her job.  But that is just spending money while she is at college.

Middle daughter is doing part time SW work for a medical device company that she interned with last summer, that is still going fine but this summer's internship is in jeopardy.  They got emails asking if they thought they could do it remotely (asked the managers as well).  Worst case for her is she continues doing what she is doing, probably more full time, but the other students might get focked out of an internship.

Oldest son works in technical marketing for a semiconductor company, he seems fine.

Wife works for a competing semiconductor company; also seems fine but the company is doing poor as they were adversely affected by the Chiner shutdown.  She has top reviews (sleeping with the VPs and all) so she should be OK, but they may have blanket furloughs or wage cuts that affect everyone.

Doesn't exactly help me in my job search, that's for sure.  I had a company lined up to do some business development consulting, found out this week that they are waiting until this blows over.  😞

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Youngest daughter is a server at Denny's; that's on hold until they open restaurants back up but at that point she'll still have her job.  But that is just spending money while she is at college.

Middle daughter is doing part time SW work for a medical device company that she interned with last summer, that is still going fine but this summer's internship is in jeopardy.  They got emails asking if they thought they could do it remotely (asked the managers as well).  Worst case for her is she continues doing what she is doing, probably more full time, but the other students might get focked out of an internship.

Oldest son works in technical marketing for a semiconductor company, he seems fine.

Wife works for a competing semiconductor company; also seems fine but the company is doing poor as they were adversely affected by the Chiner shutdown.  She has top reviews (sleeping with the VPs and all) so she should be OK, but they may have blanket furloughs or wage cuts that affect everyone.

Doesn't exactly help me in my job search, that's for sure.  I had a company lined up to do some business development consulting, found out this week that they are waiting until this blows over.  😞

Don't worry, everything will be back to normal by Easter.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Biggest problem with compulsive liars, they never remember what lie they told who. 

I told some guys here that I had a huge schlong and I told other guys that it was enormous. I’ll never reveal the truth, I’m just gonna keep you all dying to know.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pelosi must think so, since until today she was stuffing pork into the relief bill instead of passing it.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Also, I just caught the end of the presser.  CNN/DNC is jumping all over the Easter thing.  I presume Trump said it.  But this is how this works -- Trump says Easter, then Fauci and others come out and smooth the statement out:  (1) that date is obviously flexible based on data as we get it, and to me more importantly, (2) the entire country isn't a shitstorm like NYC.  We've got counties in AZ with 0 cases; if that stays 0 or very low in two weeks, should they continue to be shut down?  This is why it is better managed on a state and lower level, with help as needed from the feds.

I know you aren't liberal although pretty much everything you post is liberal, but I expect liberals to say "whaaa it's not fair, if NYC and Seattle are on lockdown, everyone needs to be on lockdown$#@!"  I agree with Fauci and others that this is not the case.  So I expect some easing in areas of the country by Easter if not sooner.  It's like our economy died and will rise from the dead.  Orange Jeebus FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

• Like 1

Leadership means setting goals and pushing those under you to achieve those goals.  

I have zero issue with this goal.  After all wouldnt we all want that?  Is it absurd to imagine that when Easter comes and the virus is still running rampant that Trump would say.   Well I said Easter so too bad.

Jesus

Wifes brother got his layoff today.  Tier 1 auto supplier.   Not critical.  Michigan shut that down Monday 

I work in the healthcare industry.  Business is booming!

Yes, I sorta felt bad typing that.  :(

21 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

At least you didn't say you were killing it.  :o

• Like 1

I’m as busy as ever.  Another IT guy that can pretty easily not be in the office.  Working for a huge company that supplies corona virus tests has not slowed us down one bit. All manufacturing is still going.  Administrative folks like me work remote.  

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Pelosi must think so, since until today she was stuffing pork into the relief bill instead of passing it.  :thumbsup:

Wasn’t there a bunch of BS in that bill from D’s and R’s?  Regardless, I don’t give a shite about Pelosi. 

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wasn’t there a bunch of BS in that bill from D’s and R’s?  Regardless, I don’t give a shite about Pelosi. 

Well, that's kinda dumb because she is the Speaker of the House and has been holding up a critical stimulus bill.

But hey, since you jumped on the MSM Easter bandwagon, how about responding to my other reply? 

Has there been a cut and dry list of pork that has been added with a breakdown of Rs vs Ds?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Well, that's kinda dumb because she is the Speaker of the House and has been holding up a critical stimulus bill.

But hey, since you jumped on the MSM Easter bandwagon, how about responding to my other reply? 

I don’t think that he should have given a date that’s so soon. Doesn’t seem realistic at all to me. I think we’re closer to shutting down the nation than we are to opening businesses back up. It’s getting worse, not better. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

He tunes into MSNBC to find out what he should be upset about each day, it couldn't be more obvious.  Easter was a big hit today, I mean, how dare the President hope things are in better shape 3 focking weeks from now... 

:doh:

Any time he's challenged to comment on something that puts his side in a bad light, he claims he doesn't care, doesn't know, or didn't pay attention then. Not my side.. 🤣🤣

His schtick is tired and boring. He's either the most naive person that visits this site or he has some sort of learning disability. Either way, massive waste of time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reality said:

He tunes into MSNBC to find out what he should be upset about each day, it couldn't be more obvious.  Easter was a big hit today, I mean, how dare the President hope things are in better shape 3 focking weeks from now... 

Any time he's challenged to comment on something that puts his side in a bad light, he claims he doesn't care, doesn't know, or didn't pay attention then. Not my side.. 🤣🤣

His schtick is tired and boring. He's either the most naive person that visits this site or he has some sort of learning disability. Either way, massive waste of time.

You really are a moron. I don’t watch any news. I have better things to do when I’m home. I’m not a democrat and I’m not happy with what’s being done with the stimulus bill. They’re even bigger morons than you for focking all this up. 

I admit to not being an expert on this stuff so I’ll claim to being somewhat naive. I still have my opinions though and if you don’t like them, oh well.

This whole forum is shtick so I’m not sure why you would bring that up. 

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Also, I just caught the end of the presser.  CNN/DNC is jumping all over the Easter thing.  I presume Trump said it.  But this is how this works -- Trump says Easter, then Fauci and others come out and smooth the statement out:  (1) that date is obviously flexible based on data as we get it, and to me more importantly, (2) the entire country isn't a shitstorm like NYC.  We've got counties in AZ with 0 cases; if that stays 0 or very low in two weeks, should they continue to be shut down?  This is why it is better managed on a state and lower level, with help as needed from the feds.

I know you aren't liberal although pretty much everything you post is liberal, but I expect liberals to say "whaaa it's not fair, if NYC and Seattle are on lockdown, everyone needs to be on lockdown$#@!"  I agree with Fauci and others that this is not the case.  So I expect some easing in areas of the country by Easter if not sooner.  It's like our economy died and will rise from the dead.  Orange Jeebus FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don’t think that he should have given a date that’s so soon. Doesn’t seem realistic at all to me. I think we’re closer to shutting down the nation than we are to opening businesses back up. It’s getting worse, not better. 

We aren't shutting down the nation.  Better/faster testing, as Fauci stated, will enable us to quarantine those who tested positive, and better identify those with whom they've been in contact, to isolate the appropriate people and/or hot spots.  Other than things like international travel/border crossing, it makes no sense to shut things down at a federal level.  Which is why it hasn't been done.

Of course, things can change, but the above is my crystal ball based on reasonable risk mitigation.  :cheers:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The “civilian equivalent “. Gotta give him credit for trying to make that horseshit fly. 

My favorite was how he lies for the sake of "opsec." 

50 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My favorite was how he lies for the sake of "opsec." 

Let’s not forget his stalker ex-girlfriend who wouldn’t let him go to the college he wanted to go to. That was another reason for his operational security. 

Strip clubs have been closed.

So I started a dancer delivery service that helps the girls - and of course - their clients. 

I call it DoorGash.

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You really are a moron. I don’t watch any news. I have better things to do when I’m home. I’m not a democrat and I’m not happy with what’s being done with the stimulus bill. They’re even bigger morons than you for focking all this up. 

I admit to not being an expert on this stuff so I’ll claim to being somewhat naive. I still have my opinions though and if you don’t like them, oh well.

This whole forum is shtick so I’m not sure why you would bring that up. 

Yet, you spend all day posting in political threads going after Trump based solely on MSM and Democratic talking points..  Hrmm, interesting..  It's your only existence on these forums, a poster who always takes the side of the left using very specific Democratic talking points.  Man, what a coincidence..

Anyway, between me and you, you may want to reassess. 

14 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yet, you spend all day posting in political threads going after Trump based solely on MSM and Democratic talking points..  Hrmm, interesting..  It's your only existence on these forums, a poster who always takes the side of the left using very specific Democratic talking points.  Man, what a coincidence..

Anyway, between me and you, you may want to reassess. 

I post on here while I'm in my office, because I can.  I come here to see different points of view and because it's more open to post what's on our minds.  I don't like Trump which is a left stance so I can see why you think that's all I am.  I don't agree with everything the left stands for and that's why I don't call myself a liberal.

I know where I stand, I don't need to reassess.

9 hours ago, Reality said:

:first:

• Haha 1

My last day of work was March 12- they told us they were shutting down for 3 weeks and thankfully the company elected to kick in to ensure paychecks are not interrupted.

My boss called today and we are now extending the closure thru April 24 and I will continue to be paid. 

I am very thankful to know I’ll have income coming in, at least for the next month.

• Like 1