Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Who's out of a job?

Remember losers, we are in it together. 

Unless you're a state employee. They dont need to be in it. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Bus drivers got laid off. I don’t hear anyone crying for them. Gym teachers can get on the unemployment too. 

Bus drivers are making bank with the COVID unemployment.  They’ll collect it through the end of the normal school year so they are more than set.  They don’t make all that much money anyway.  $15-$16 per hour and it’s not a full time job.  

The cafeteria workers here have to make all the free breakfasts and lunches and hand them out to the kids.   They gotta show up for work every day like always.  

These people who think teachers and admins aren’t using this crisis as an extended staycation are kidding themselves.  

The principal’s son was still asleep when my wife called them today at 10 am.  His mom said he moves pretty slow in the morning. Haha.  

The gym and Spanish teachers are both selling real estate, the guidance counselor is going to do a zoom meeting for the kids about stepping up to middle school.  This is the first anyone has heard from her since March 13.  

The kids aren’t even being graded anymore.   Just complete or incomplete.  60% or better = complete.  

Wanna know what else is complete?  This whole thing is a complete focking joke.  

On 5/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, jerryskids said:

So... I've been invited to a Teams meeting on Wednesday to give a larger audience a sample sales presentation.  On the one hand I'm like... really?  :rolleyes:  But on the other I'm generally good at presentations.  I don't know much about their solutions; otherwise, what could go wrong?  🤪

Had the interview yesterday, it went great.  Five people on their end including one of the three principals (owners), the guy I spoke to for 90 minutes last week.  As a bonus I had our mutual friend (VP at another company) send that owner an unsolicited reference for me the day before.  From their reaction, my presentation was a bit of a mic drop.  I've done what I can, hoping to hear soon, think good thoughts for me.  :cheers:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Had the interview yesterday, it went great.  Five people on their end including one of the three principals (owners), the guy I spoke to for 90 minutes last week.  As a bonus I had our mutual friend (VP at another company) send that owner an unsolicited reference for me the day before.  From their reaction, my presentation was a bit of a mic drop.  I've done what I can, hoping to hear soon, think good thoughts for me.  :cheers:

Good for you, Jerry. I hope they make the right decision.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good luck. ✊ 

New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar 

🤣 The level of stupid these 2 cro-magnons just achieved is beyond imagination.

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar 

Sigh. Traded up for this idiot too. His only hope is to pay off the “ victims” real fast. Like yesterday. 

Both kids still. Been just shy of 2 months with no confirmation on unemployment. Unreal

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sigh. Traded up for this idiot too. His only hope is to pay off the “ victims” real fast. Like yesterday. 

Lol.  You deserve this one.  Take it like a man.  

20 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Both kids still. Been just shy of 2 months with no confirmation on unemployment. Unreal

Wtf?  Which state?  How incompetent is the unemployment system there that you still have no answers after 2 months?  

28 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Make sure they are filing weekly claims.  I filed before COVID and it took them like 7 weeks to get around to approving it, and that was after I called twice.  Throughout it I kept filing claims though.  When it was finally approved they gave me all of the back money.  :cheers:

40 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Lol.  You deserve this one.  Take it like a man.  

I always say, though no one listens, it’s not that you draft a mutt, it’s that you don’t get rid of one. Or you sign another teams cast off problem child. We’ll see what the Giants do. I’d say he gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

I'm so curious, rather than ask and wait, I'll go look right now.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm so curious, rather than ask and wait, I'll go look right now.

🤣

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Wtf?  Which state?  How incompetent is the unemployment system there that you still have no answers after 2 months?  

AZ

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Make sure they are filing weekly claims.  I filed before COVID and it took them like 7 weeks to get around to approving it, and that was after I called twice.  Throughout it I kept filing claims though.  When it was finally approved they gave me all of the back money.  :cheers:

Daily calls. They've yet to actually talk to anyone.