Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I think it's time to purchase a gun :\

I am super anti-gun, but I think it's time to have something at home.

If nothing else, I can leave it out for my 6 year old to play with. 

Just now, edjr said:

I am super anti-gun, but I think it's time to have something at home.

If nothing else, I can leave it out for my 6 year old to play with. 

Good luck getting a permit now.  They aren't doing fingerprints at most stations.  

What kind of gun?  If it's a hand gun it might take a little while.  If you are getting a rifle or shotgun you should be able to walk out of a store with one today, depending on how your state does it.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What kind of gun?  If it's a hand gun it might take a little while.  If you are getting a rifle or shotgun you should be able to walk out of a store with one today, depending on how your state does it.

We are in MA.  They don't do guns that way.  There is no walking out the door with a gun in MA.  

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We are in MA.  They don't do guns that way.  There is no walking out the door with a gun in MA.  

Guns at walmart are long gone

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

Yup, the retarded libs are realizing that it's not as easy to buy a gun as they were told by the lying fake news.

Obama told me getting AR14s was easier than getting veggies. I haven’t been able to get any firearms yet plenty of veggies

I don't need a rifle, I just want a .38. I know a guy

16 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Yup, the retarded libs are realizing that it's not as easy to buy a gun as they were told by the lying fake news.

It's really easy to buy a gun here in Iowa, except a hand gun.  I could go to the store, buy a rifle with ammo and be back here within an hour.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's really easy to buy a gun here in Iowa, except a hand gun.  I could go to the store, buy a rifle with ammo and be back here within an hour.

Need my address?

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's why your state's violent crime rate is lower than states with tougher gun laws.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

That's why your state's violent crime rate is lower than states with tougher gun laws.

Maybe.  I don't think that's the main reason why though.

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

a state's violent crime rate has way more to do with how many non-whites live there.

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

I know what you're implying, and it makes you a racist!

Yikes.  Not what I was implying at all.  I was thinking more about us having a lower population and being spread out more.  Fewer large cities.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Yikes.  Not what I was implying at all.  I was thinking more about us having a lower population and being spread out more.  Fewer large cities.

RACISS! :mad:

I hate guns, but I am pro-second amendment.  I have no problem with people wanting to exercise their Consituitional Rights.  That being said, I think it's very over-reactive to think you need a gun at this point in time.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I hate guns, but I am pro-second amendment.  I have no problem with people wanting to exercise their Consituitional Rights.  That being said, I think it's very over-reactive to think you need a gun at this point in time.

Guns and ammo sales have sky rocketed lately.  It's a "just in case" mentality.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Guns and ammo sales have sky rocketed lately.  It's a "just in case" mentality.

It's stupid too.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's stupid too.

If people are buying because they don't have any guns already then I think it makes sense.  It's the people who have dozens of guns that stock up even more at times like this that confuse me.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Ed - get one of those super soakers.  Just fill it with gas and turn it into a flamethrower.  

That's how I get snow off the driveway and stairs

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If people are buying because they don't have any guns already then I think it makes sense.  It's the people who have dozens of guns that stock up even more at times like this that confuse me.

I don't see any logical reason for new buyers or current owners stocking up.  There's no need.  It's all an overreaction. 

I haven't bought any new guns or ammo.    No need to.  :bandana: 

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see any logical reason for new buyers or current owners stocking up.  There's no need.  It's all an overreaction. 

If it makes them feel better, I can see it.  I don't think it has been as overboard as toilet paper, so I don't have a problem with it.  

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I haven't bought any new guns or ammo.    No need to.  :bandana: 

I'm surprised you have no desire to replace all the guns you lost in that boating accident.  

41 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'm surprised you have no desire to replace all the guns you lost in that boating accident.  

I've found God.  He will provide.  

:ninja:

On 3/23/2020 at 8:44 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not true. If you have a valid CCW or license & pin# you can walk out the door same day with both long gun and handgun. I've never not been able to leave without a firearm. 

5 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Not true. If you have a valid CCW or license & pin# you can walk out the door same day with both long gun and handgun. I've never not been able to leave without a firearm. 

Correct. The one gun I own, took less than an hour...on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

I meant for someone without a current license. 

On 3/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I meant for someone without a current license. 

Yessir......ironically all these Asshats are now finding out why the 2A is so important & how they have hobbled the citizens of this country with their uneducated views.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:28 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Every major hurricane that struck the US eventually led to looting.  This coronavirus event is much worse than the worst hurricane because its shutting down everything in the world.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, Nomad99 said:

Pin #?

2 hours ago, riversco said:

Every major hurricane that struck the US eventually led to looting.  This coronavirus event is much worse than the worst hurricane because its shutting down everything in the world.

I think situations aren't comparable.  In a hurricane, everyone stays home.  Here, people are going out, there's less store closures, and more security presence.

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think situations aren't comparable.  In a hurricane, everyone stays home.  Here, people are going out, there's less store closures, and more security presence.

Also, no one says “rock you like a coronavirus”.

• Haha 1

Over half of these people buying guns are more likely to shoot themselves in the leg or foot rather than the black perpetrator they fantasize about stopping.

Correct.... I'm going to order a Glock 23... 40 cal tomorrow... i get the "blue line" special from my gun dealer.... $434 brand new.

I have .40 rounds out the azz... we switched from .40 to 9mm recently... I have about 5 cases... that.. "fell off the truck".

It would be fiduciarily irresponsible of me not to buy one... not to mention all the holsters and mags I have for it after 20 years.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Over half of these people buying guns are more likely to shoot themselves in the leg or foot rather than the black perpetrator they fantasize about stopping.

Ohhhh I don't care what color hims is.... 😁